: Anyone Know anything about Burning and Copy a Booketype DVD ?

ThumperPup
04-03-11, 07:59 AM
Just wondering if anyone here knows about copy and burning a Booktype dvd
i can't seem to find any info on weather its the dvd burner that needs to be set up for it or if its in the software

thanks

Playdrv4me
04-03-11, 06:20 PM
What in the world is a "booktype" DVD? Like an audio book or are you talking about the redbook specification?

ThumperPup
04-03-11, 07:02 PM
its got to do with changing the format of the burning process to a booktype DVD Rom and not a DVD+ or - R
its the proces that has to be gone threw to copy our nav discks and i just got the new 09 ordered from GMnavdisc and i want to make a back up copy so that i can store the original in a safe place where it wont get damaged

seems i can get 50 pecent threw the 2nd layer on the writing and burning but ones it gets half way threw it just stops and ejhecks with eror
i found out that there is someting about it called booktype burning

its not an Decryption or wright protected program its just called booktype
not sure what it meant the first time i read it but all the googling i have done mentions i have to do that but i cant find out how to l

Stingroo
04-03-11, 07:25 PM
http://tinyurl.com/3t89n9h

Link was long as crap but there you go.

ThumperPup
04-03-11, 08:00 PM
thanks i had that link and i was looking at it for the nero process and just figured out i dont have iether eof those programs i have nero start smart smart esentials

i also used DVDencrypter but did not change it properly i guess
so nwo that iv screwed up 3 blank dvd's im going to have to make a run to the store and get another one and try again

EChas3
04-03-11, 08:31 PM
DL = Dual Layer = 8GB

ThumperPup
04-03-11, 08:43 PM
yup got that i have goen threw 3 DVD+R-DL disc because i could not figure out how to get it as book type at first

RippyPartsDept
04-03-11, 09:12 PM
also known as bitsetting

the software you use must have the ability as well as the hardware you use...
kind of makes sense if you think about it, right?

most good burners will be able to do it but most common burning programs (the one's that come pre-installed) won't have it

keep looking through those google results... my favorite site for this (and related topics) is the videohelp.com site

try this (http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters?DVDname=&oem=&chipset=&Submit=Search&cdrs=&cdrws=&dvdrs=&dvdrws=&dvdrsdl=&dvdprs=&dvdprws=&dvdprsdl=&dvdrams=&bdrs=&bdres=&bdrdls=&bdredls=&hddvdrs=&hddvdrws=&hddvdrdls=&hddvdrwdls=&hddvdrams=&bitsetting=1&buffer=Any&cdrom=&dvdrom=&bdrom=&hddvdrom=&orderby=Name&hits=50&Search=Search) and notice how there's already one option checked for you?

ThumperPup
04-03-11, 10:10 PM
also known as bitsetting

the software you use must have the ability as well as the hardware you use...
kind of makes sense if you think about it, right?

most good burners will be able to do it but most common burning programs (the one's that come pre-installed) won't have it

keep looking through those google results... my favorite site for this (and related topics) is the videohelp.com site

try this (http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters?DVDname=&oem=&chipset=&Submit=Search&cdrs=&cdrws=&dvdrs=&dvdrws=&dvdrsdl=&dvdprs=&dvdprws=&dvdprsdl=&dvdrams=&bdrs=&bdres=&bdrdls=&bdredls=&hddvdrs=&hddvdrws=&hddvdrdls=&hddvdrwdls=&hddvdrams=&bitsetting=1&buffer=Any&cdrom=&dvdrom=&bdrom=&hddvdrom=&orderby=Name&hits=50&Search=Search) and notice how there's already one option checked for you?

Thanks Chris
yup i know my Burner can handle it i made sure that i got the best they had out when i bought my system and i already cross reffed it and found out that it can handle that
just was having trouble with the Burn Software is where the problem must be at

RippyPartsDept
04-03-11, 11:18 PM
try imgburn yet?

ThumperPup
04-03-11, 11:45 PM
yup did that didnt work
im all out of blank dvd's now so got to go get some more tomorrow or tuesday and try it