: Just installed D3 Comp Springs

Somefun
04-03-11, 07:41 AM
Well it went pretty easy and didn't take very long and I did it in my drive way with basic tools. The drop is great and the performance is even better. I took it for a ride and laid down a 1.00 in the first turn I took! Gotta say love the springs great mod!!!

Torxila
04-03-11, 11:31 AM
Pictures please. Did you cut a 1/4 of a coil off the top of the front springs like others have done? Did you use the "silencer sleeves" (on the front) and did you use the D3 end links at the rear?

Thanks
George

wfo
04-03-11, 11:48 AM
I know it looks great. Good mod.

End links?...You mean suspension rods?

gOt BoOsT
04-03-11, 12:51 PM
wait a minute did someone say cut coil? sounds kinda honda~ish to me...

IGotId
04-03-11, 01:02 PM
how does it ride compared to stock?

i wish there was a way to scientifically measure change in ride quality after lowering...

Somefun
04-03-11, 08:39 PM
They are great I did use their rods and I didn't cut a coil off the front. I would not cut a coil! I cut a 1/4 coil off the stock rears then another 1/4 for a total of a half and she looked great but if your a driver you can feel the car is not right. The back was softer for sure. I don't care what anyone says thats the way it is. The only thing I cut after I installed the new springs is my lap times! It's a great mod! I don't think its that much stiffer than stock. Guys remember this is a hot rod.... Not a Escalade.....

gOt BoOsT
04-03-11, 08:47 PM
dont forget to get an alignment after everythings settled!

baabootoo
04-04-11, 02:03 AM
how does it ride compared to stock?

i wish there was a way to scientifically measure change in ride quality after lowering...

Since we're all different, we can never really compare to each others comfort. I don't mind more control myself.

Somefun
04-04-11, 06:29 AM
dont forget to get an alignment after everythings settled!

Yeah I'm bringing the car in for the tierod nuts and they need to do an alignment then so that kinda help push me to do the springs....

Torxila
04-04-11, 12:38 PM
wait a minute did someone say cut coil? sounds kinda honda~ish to me...

Eibach's revisited (and trimmed)
Todd (KILLR-V) brought his coupe over yesterday so we could "trim" his front Eibach springs. Before the trim, the rear actually sat lower than the front. After we took 1/4 coil off the top (dead springs), the front sits about 3/16" lower than the rear. Looks about perfect and still rides superb. Perhaps Todd will post up some new pics.

Mark

Actually it's more Mitsu-ish.

If you read most of the posts re: D3 or Eibach springs they tend to drop the rear more than the front which leaves the car more level or with no rake angle from rear to front which just about everbody still wants. Cutting 1/4 of a coil off the top of the front springs (dead coil area) results in the desired rake again.
Call it what you want, it works for us.

GMX322V S/C
04-05-11, 06:58 PM
... cut a 1/4 coil off the stock rears then another 1/4 for a total of a half and she looked great but if your a driver you can feel the car is not right. The back was softer for sure...That's weird...cutting a coil to make it shorter makes it stiffer, not softer (like shortening the lever arm to fulcrum distance).