: Banned.

lev
10-06-04, 08:34 PM
Ok here is the story.

I don't know if we are allowed to post links or any references to other forums so I will not.

I am not even sure if this is the right section to post stuff like this, but I am sure I will be moved if that is the case.

There is this forum I go to quite frequently. I like to dig in archives. I am registered there and can post, start threads, reply, the works. Suddenly, I can no longer view anything there. I am clicking one link I am still allowed to click and lo and behold.

I am banned for starting a racist thread.

I don't even remember how, but somehow I managed to look at the few of my own threads and posts I was still allowed to look at and sure enough: some (insert your favorite word here) apparently used my name and posted something that didn't even look like anything I would post. And no, noone other then me knows the password for me to register.

I was furious. At least here I got banned for something I did do. I immedialtely e-mailed the mod(since I couldn't PM him). He said to calm down and he'll get back with me.

I hope mods in this forum check to see if anybody does something like that here.

Talk about messed up.

Just wanted to report this to Cadillac community in particular and forum moderators of any forum in general.

Adam
10-06-04, 08:58 PM
well, if one is started under my name that i didnt do i hope one of the mods can check it out for me. i am totally against racism and stuff like that. sorry to hear that though, hackers probably.

barge master
10-06-04, 09:01 PM
Did someone have a beef with you? There must be some person whose posts would tip you off to their identity. I'd hope nobody here would pull that crap on someone, even if they did buy a Honda. LOL!! Take care Bud!!

majax
10-06-04, 11:05 PM
that blows chunks I have often worried that someone would do that to me :hmm:. kinda

(insert favorite word here) :histeric:

Rolex
10-07-04, 07:06 PM
You were "spoofed" my friend. Sorry to hear that happened to you.