: Cheapest place to buy plugs and wires for a 97 Deville

drewb612
10-06-04, 07:38 PM
I guess i need AC Delco plugs, as they seem to be the best. So where, online prefferably, can i purchase the plugs and wires at the cheapest price. Links appreciated, thanks!

dkozloski
10-06-04, 08:01 PM
FWIW, the AC in AC Spark Plug stands for Albert Champion although some claim it's Almost Champion.

illumina
10-06-04, 08:01 PM
does the car really need them yet? i recall your car had something like 75,000 miles, right? the stock plugs in the N* are good for 100,000 miles i do beleive.

drewb612
10-06-04, 08:02 PM
does the car really need them yet? i recall your car had something like 75,000 miles, right? the stock plugs in the N* are good for 100,000 miles i do beleive.

terrible misfiring constantly, rough idle, shaking, 27 ****ing obd error codes, half of them misfirings and spark problems, id have to say

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22618

mcowden
10-06-04, 09:29 PM
Why don't you post all those codes and their translations and let some of the experts help you decide what to fix and how?

Good luck...

Michael

drewb612
10-06-04, 09:29 PM
Why don't you post all those codes and their translations and let some of the experts help you decide what to fix and how?

Good luck...

Michael

ill drive it for a day, and post em tomorrow

anyways, any info on those plugs?

Ranger
10-06-04, 10:06 PM
I have heard many people say that http://gmpartsdirect.com/ has good prices though shipping is a bit high. I have also heard other say that they have had problems with other than Delco wires. I have almost 90K on mine and it still runs great. It is hard to believe that you need plugs and wires at 75K. Did you try misting the plug wires at night in the dark and see if you get any arcing?

A bad coil will cause a misfire also. A failed or clogged fuel injector(s) will also cause the problems you discribe. Just thowing parts at it can sometimes get very expensive til you find the right one. Been there, done that.

eldorado1
10-06-04, 10:14 PM
A bad coil will cause a misfire also.

That's what it sounds like to me... When you say "constant misfiring", that pops into my mind. Easy to check though, just get a spark tester (or an old spark plug), and go through the steps of checking each coil for spark at idle. If that happens to be the problem, I've got 2 or 3 good coils that are just collecting dust. I think they're just 2 bolts that hold each on.

Ranger
10-06-04, 10:59 PM
Also if you find one that is misfiring, swap coils around and see if the misfire follows the coil. That will confirm that it is the coil and not the plug or wire.

drewb612
10-06-04, 11:05 PM
That's what it sounds like to me... When you say "constant misfiring", that pops into my mind. Easy to check though, just get a spark tester (or an old spark plug), and go through the steps of checking each coil for spark at idle. If that happens to be the problem, I've got 2 or 3 good coils that are just collecting dust. I think they're just 2 bolts that hold each on.

i really just honestly dont know how to do any of this stuff. I dont know anything about how to mist them, what arcing is, how to test them ect

i know where the coil packs are, but i dont know how to test or change them, although im sure its not too difficult, and the misfiring wasnt just a couple cylinders, i think it was like 3 or 4

Also that is really why i wanted someone local or in my area who knows something about these cars to atleast meet up with me or help me with this, well i have a few free hours tomorrow, ill see what you guys think, and ill post those codes, since i had them cleared today, i want to see what actually come back

drewb612
10-07-04, 07:33 PM
is there anywhere where i can buy them pregapped

Ranger
10-09-04, 10:34 AM
You should always check the gap before instalation.

drewb612
10-09-04, 02:03 PM
ok well i still dont know where to get them

zonie77
10-09-04, 09:43 PM
You can get the plugs locally. Checker, Autozone, etc will give you as good a price as mail order. The wires are cheaper online.

Try gmpartsdirect.com,gmpartszone.com, or do a google search.

Plugs come pregapped but should be checked. A few thousandths won't hurt but make sure they didn't get banged in shipment.

drewb612
10-10-04, 12:17 PM
well i couldnt find any of the part numbers for gmpartsdirect or anything

drewb612
10-11-04, 05:45 PM
bump...