Dr. Design
04-01-11, 02:21 PM
D3 Supercharger Lid Spacer for CTS-V
Part # D3.5101415
MSRP* ($USD) $495
Application: CTS-V Coupe/Sedan/Wagon
Line Item: D3 Supercharger Lid Spacer
Finish / Material: All Aluminum Construction + Blanchard Ground Finish

Description: Without the spacer in place, overboosted vehicles will experience a choke inside of the Supercharger lid. The air inside can become turbulent to the point where it starts to restrict airflow. Turbulence causes friction and heat, thus decreasing the thermal efficiency of the compressed air.

By inserting the D3 spacer, the air calms down allowing the passage through the Supercharger without the unwanted turbulence. The result is a more efficient factory brick supercharger while keeping the factory unit in place rather than replacing it with a less efficient unit. The D3 Supercharger Lid Spacer will increase plenum capacity by 63 cubic inches - significantly reducing the turbulence inside the supercharger lid and increasing raw horsepower by a Dyno proven +7.5 HP to the wheels. In some cases we have seen more HP gained.

The aluminum spacer has been designed in CAD and Solid Works and is CNC cut on a Haas 5 Axis CNC Mill and machined perfectly flat on each side. This comes with new mounting hardware and will clear the factory engine brace without modification.

Notes: Dyno Tuning and/or PCM tuning recommended for proper driving configuration.

http://www.d3cadillac.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/09CTSV_LidSpacer_001_d3.jpg
http://www.d3cadillac.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/D3_Intercooler_lid_spacer-01.jpg
http://www.d3cadillac.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/D3_Intercooler_lid_spacer-03.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/SuperchargerLite_D3Spacer.jpg

Order Info: For additional information, current pricing and promotions, or to order contact your /D3/ representative at 562-595-8518 or sales@d3rd.com

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

gOt BoOsT
04-01-11, 03:45 PM
so $500 for a plenum spacer!? dont you think thats a bit overpriced for an aluminum gasket?? Quote from Skunk 2~> "Unlike other spacers on the market, Skunk2 spacers are made from a special aerospace thermo-polymer composite that offers superior thermal insulation characteristics over aluminum spacers with aramid or other types of heat insulating gaskets."

Dr. Design
04-01-11, 03:59 PM
Hello,
Thank you for your opinion. If you are interested in our products or have any questions please do let us know.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

so $500 for a plenum spacer!? dont you think thats a bit overpriced for an aluminum gasket?? Quote from Skunk 2~> "Unlike other spacers on the market, Skunk2 spacers are made from a special aerospace thermo-polymer composite that offers superior thermal insulation characteristics over aluminum spacers with aramid or other types of heat insulating gaskets."

Ross L
04-01-11, 04:09 PM
Cool product. Keep up the good work D3! IMO you guys are the ones pushing the proverbial envelope. Keep it up. Any hp estimates for a stock longblock with bolt- ons making 12-13 psi?

Umrswimr
04-01-11, 04:11 PM
Do you have before/after dyno plots?

Dr. Design
04-01-11, 05:52 PM
Hello,
Thanks! We try to push that envelope everyday. That's how new products are formed.

Hmm estimates on all bolt ons... You should be able to pick up an additional 175BHP with all bolt ons staying out of the motor. If you take a look at some of our products on the website you will see we offer a great deal of products that will not only allow you to achieve such HP/TQ gains, but sustain it for long periods of time. Anyone can make power, the question is for how long.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Cool product. Keep up the good work D3! IMO you guys are the ones pushing the proverbial envelope. Keep it up. Any hp estimates for a stock longblock with bolt- ons making 12-13 psi?

Dr. Design
04-01-11, 06:00 PM
Hello,
Yes we do. The gains were 7+WHP.

We'll have to look in the dyno sheet files to see if we can locate them to share.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Do you have before/after dyno plots?

Torxila
04-01-11, 09:17 PM

While phenolic spacers may reduce heat transfer a little better than aluminum spacers, (MB E55 & E/C-63 guys swear by them) I think D3 try their damnedest to bring out pretty good products for the V community, while other BIG NAME performance companies treat us like we have the plague. (Wait4me excepted).

Do your contacts over at Skunk2 have "V" products yet? I couldn't see any listed. They seem to specialize (and cover them pretty good) in rice products. Competition from good sources only makes for better products and more choices for us. I don't think $500.00 for that particular product, (knowing full well what it takes to prototype and develop such an item) is outrageously over priced.

FWIW, I have NO AFFILIATION or ties to D3 what so ever. I'm just a little pissed when I see a post like that!. Why don't you take that 500whp EVO (one way) down a gravel road.

Regards,
George

DrumStix
04-01-11, 11:37 PM
I know someone else on here that had one and tested it. Chime in if you can.

cbloveday
04-02-11, 01:05 AM
I wish I had room to try it. My SC is almost into the hood liner with the LSX tall deck.
Jesse fabricated spacers for the strut tower brace, so it would clear the SC.
He did a great job with it.

Luna.
04-02-11, 01:52 AM
I know someone else on here that had one and tested it. Chime in if you can.

I had one installed, but, unfortunately, I had a few other mods installed at the same time, so I wouldn't be able to separate them. Apologies

Somefun
04-16-11, 05:22 PM
Well I just installed mine along with the 10" lower and new ERA CAI.....And next 84lbs injectors by Injector Dynamics......whoo Hoo can't wait to dyno her.....:bouncy:

ctsvinalaska
04-16-11, 08:00 PM
We just put one on mine, but it is with a lot of other mods. Will have no idea what the net increase is. Just hoping we will get 650 to the rear wheels when we are done!

Jay

Domsz06
04-16-11, 10:27 PM
I'd really like to see a before and after of this.... there are a lot of mixed reviews with different items when you work on increasing the air flow, or space or the hat config. I'd love D3 to take a stock car, dyno it, put this on and dyno it. to see what the root power is. Personally from what I have seen with other vendors trying to do stuff with the s/c and hat's and what not I don't believe this does anything at all. But that's just me thinking about how the air flows and how the s/c works and the I/C works. Would love to have data to prove it otherwise.

qictrk
04-17-11, 12:24 AM
I'd really like to see a before and after of this.... there are a lot of mixed reviews with different items when you work on increasing the air flow, or space or the hat config. I'd love D3 to take a stock car, dyno it, put this on and dyno it. to see what the root power is. Personally from what I have seen with other vendors trying to do stuff with the s/c and hat's and what not I don't believe this does anything at all. But that's just me thinking about how the air flows and how the s/c works and the I/C works. Would love to have data to prove it otherwise.

D3 makes the claim that you will get 7.5 more hp to the wheel. I take them at their word, maybe not a good thing, but you have to put your trust in someone. They will probably back it up if you were to say that your a buyer, but you want to see the dyno results first. Its not a lot, so its up to the buyer if he thinks its worth it. Cecil..............

cbloveday
04-17-11, 01:17 AM
It may make more or less than 7.5 rwhp HP depending on other mods.

Somefun
04-17-11, 07:59 AM

You may not see any gains on a stock set up. It's for high boosted cars. I was fine not having it but once I went to the 10" I think its important to help it anyway we can....

Dr. Design
04-18-11, 09:11 PM
Hello,
Thank you for your post. If I recall correctly, we posted dyno sheets when we first launched this product that validated our claims. Actually the gains that we advertise are all based off of the dyno. That is why you see the +7.5 number and not just an estimated number.

Also as mentioned before by D3 and other members, this item is intended for overboosted applications. We have already stated in the past that there would be hardly any expected gain on stock boost applications.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Domsz06
04-19-11, 02:12 PM
Hello,
Thank you for your post. If I recall correctly, we posted dyno sheets when we first launched this product that validated our claims. Actually the gains that we advertise are all based off of the dyno. That is why you see the +7.5 number and not just an estimated number.

Also as mentioned before by D3 and other members, this item is intended for overboosted applications. We have already stated in the past that there would be hardly any expected gain on stock boost applications.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

ok, guess i missed it.

SILVER-V
04-19-11, 11:33 PM
While phenolic spacers may reduce heat transfer a little better than aluminum spacers, (MB E55 & E/C-63 guys swear by them) I think D3 try their damnedest to bring out pretty good products for the V community, while other BIG NAME performance companies treat us like we have the plague. (Wait4me excepted).

Do your contacts over at Skunk2 have "V" products yet? I couldn't see any listed. They seem to specialize (and cover them pretty good) in rice products. Competition from good sources only makes for better products and more choices for us. I don't think $500.00 for that particular product, (knowing full well what it takes to prototype and develop such an item) is outrageously over priced.

FWIW, I have NO AFFILIATION or ties to D3 what so ever. I'm just a little pissed when I see a post like that!. Why don't you take that 500whp EVO (one way) down a gravel road.

Regards,
George

George,

I agree with you man, posts like this are just ridiculous and don't really contribute anything. I have an Evo too, well my sons do(Promise we are not all idiots) and this is the way that threads on Evo forums are, bashing and questions like this are a daily routine in there, everyone is a skeptic that's why I frequent them less and less everyday. I applaud D3 for innovating, everyday I seem to get on this forum I see that they have something new. I wish my warranty would expire tomorrow so I can start modding this bad boy, the Evo puts 10 cars on my V and I think it's time I start keeping up with the young fellas and slap some goodies on my car. :yup:

Javier