: No surprise- the catera's in the shop

Vesicant
10-06-04, 05:29 PM
Looks to be a heater control valve in the back of the engine leaking - ive heard it happen before on Catera's but the sad thing is that the car just went out of warranty.

$$$

Not to mention an ongoing deal where the speedometer cuts out with the ABS and Tracton Control. Atleast it comes back on most the time. Could be due to coolant running over the VSS.

Just... sucks. Never had any major problem like this with the car... i guess i can atleast be hopeful because the dealer is very good. But the bad part is the price which comes later. :rant2:

(rant)

Cant blame the catera either... the older ones have wayyy more problems :cool:

Adam
10-06-04, 08:16 PM
well, you should sell it and buy a Fleetwood :canttalk: i mean, it would be cheaper in the long run :canttalk: im just gonna shut up now.

Vesicant
10-06-04, 08:26 PM
I dont know.. i just dont know... have to see how this turns out. :bonkers:

majax
10-06-04, 08:27 PM
*sneeze*get-a-Se-Se-Se_SEVILLE!!*sneeze*

man that stinks I hope nothing more goes wrong with it :(.

DopeStar 156
10-06-04, 08:45 PM
Ah tell ya, ya get no respect!

Vesicant
10-06-04, 08:51 PM
A Seville or a FWB do sound nice... but what about the fact of having little if any more money to support that :D

Loved the 95 Concours 'ville we had for a while. It was borrowed from a good friend when we moved here. The family who owned it- their "drunk" son ended up totaling the beast after we were done with it, so that was the end of that great car- might have taken an offer up on it before the Catera was purchased :disappoin

... a N* or an LT1 sound pretty good right about now, but this car was running fine and still IS running fine, it was just losing coolant abit and the speedometer would drop out every once and a while.

gothicaleigh
10-06-04, 09:07 PM
well, you should sell it and buy a Fleetwood i mean, it would be cheaper in the long run im just gonna shut up now.

But what if he wants a car that can actually go around a corner? :lildevil:

*sneeze*get-a-Se-Se-Se_SEVILLE!!*sneeze*

Please. Even Cadillac came to their senses and realized that only economy cars and the Japanese should be front wheel drive. :lildevil:

Seriously, you guys deserved a little ribbing after that. :D He may actually like the Catera.

...and besides, if he's abandoning the Catera he should trade it in for a CTS or STS. :p

Vesicant
10-06-04, 09:10 PM
hahaha....

and get stuck with rear end problems? j/k...

:lies:

Adam
10-06-04, 10:34 PM
well we arent all rich and can afford new CTS's. j/k go with a Fleetwood and youll never regret it. thats if you can find one. i will never get rid of my Fleetwood, never. not even for a new CTS-V or STS.

RBraczyk
10-07-04, 12:24 AM
Or you could just by a low mileage K blazer like mine, get ok gas mileage and go probably 400k with just a new transmission and transfer case.... (Go do it....).

DopeStar 156
10-07-04, 09:12 AM
I hear GEO's are cheap now and are freakin' awesome. *Sass*

Vesicant
10-07-04, 03:57 PM
Just got the car back today... as i suspected it was the heater control valve. $287 (including labor)

:worship: Claude Nolan Cadillac , Jacksonville FL.

Anyways, as far as the TCS and ABS thing go... it may be a deal with the brakes that need replacing in the future, the wear light came and gone.. and it started with that. I suspect the ABS sensors.

Yay... car's back and running great like it was before. :D

(excited rant)

BTW RB, we have a 98 Silverado Extended Cab Z71... goin great at now 100k on the clock.

majax
10-07-04, 05:09 PM
Sorry Jeffery, If you like your Catera thats cool, I was only joking around.

gothicaleigh-ouch! :suspect: :crying2:

Vesicant
10-07-04, 05:11 PM
Its an acquired taste... :rolleyes:

No problem though, i know what you guys think of Cateras'.

RBraczyk
10-07-04, 07:57 PM
Does yours have the sport mode like the Saab's? You know the catera motor is in most of the saab v6's. And i must say, the fleetwoods are extremely boaty, cept for a few that have been modded, Katshot, HRS...

Vesicant
10-07-04, 08:01 PM
Yep Sport mode (which rocks btw). Winter mode too. Like what the CTS now has.

And its not a Saab motor- its Opel's, Saab just uses it. :drinker

Adam
10-07-04, 09:09 PM
you should still get a Fleetwood. :yup: