: Back in black

vmoving
04-01-11, 12:07 PM
Hey guys! I ahve been gone for some time since I sold my 2005 CTSV. I was in the AMG arena for a while. I had a 05 E55 and just sold a 06 CLS55. Love the cars but got tired of the expense and slushbox. I just picked up a 2006 CTSV with factory warranty until 1/12. The rear end carrier was replaced at 5800 miles so that is covred. The crapy radio is being replaced as we speak for the button peeling issues. The car will be perfect otherwise. Anything else I should look into? I was thinking Magnaflo for exhaust but it may be a little to reserved for me. Any opinions?

Mearl
04-02-11, 12:01 AM
I have on 04 in Hilliard with a magnaflow and love it.

Well, love it now that I also gutted the cats... Before gutted cats the magnaflow is pretty mellow....now it turn heads everywhere.

IS yours black? I saw a black V Wednesday at lunch on Polaris parkway...

thebigjimsho
04-02-11, 01:11 AM
What are these rear end carriers and peeling buttons you speak of??

vmoving
04-02-11, 09:33 AM
What are these rear end carriers and peeling buttons you speak of??

LOL.....your kidding right. Every V I looked at had stupid radio buttons that had the black coating peeling on the radio buttons. The rear ends from what I have read when I had one a few years back and from what I have read now seem to have some sort of issue. This one already had a recall done from what the dealer told me. I am assuming you are giving me crap since I remembr you from when I previously owned my last V. You have been here for some time now so again, I assume you are just having a little fun.

vmoving
04-02-11, 09:34 AM
I have on 04 in Hilliard with a magnaflow and love it.

Well, love it now that I also gutted the cats... Before gutted cats the magnaflow is pretty mellow....now it turn heads everywhere.

IS yours black? I saw a black V Wednesday at lunch on Polaris parkway...

Yes, live right off Polaris.

thebigjimsho
04-02-11, 06:31 PM
LOL.....your kidding right. Every V I looked at had stupid radio buttons that had the black coating peeling on the radio buttons. The rear ends from what I have read when I had one a few years back and from what I have read now seem to have some sort of issue. This one already had a recall done from what the dealer told me. I am assuming you are giving me crap since I remembr you from when I previously owned my last V. You have been here for some time now so again, I assume you are just having a little fun.
Well, not ALL Vs...

V-Guy
04-03-11, 02:57 PM
Where in Ohio are you? We've got guys coming in from Toledo, Dayton, Cincinnatti and Cleveland for our Indy "V" meet on April 16. (See thread here.)

You should join us!!

vmoving
04-03-11, 03:06 PM
Would love to but my Bday is the 14th and my wife would not be happy if I left that weekend. Thanks for the invite!

Mearl
04-04-11, 03:58 PM
We must be on the same lunch schedule....I saw a black V pulling into Chipotle when I was leaving Panda Express today...

I also saw a STS-V at Panda when I pulled in.

I was going to pull into Chipotle and let you here the magnaflow but I had my boss with me and he does not share my enthusiasm for V's.... :cookoo:

vmoving
04-05-11, 12:28 AM
We must be on the same lunch schedule....I saw a black V pulling into Chipotle when I was leaving Panda Express today...

I also saw a STS-V at Panda when I pulled in.

I was going to pull into Chipotle and let you here the magnaflow but I had my boss with me and he does not share my enthusiasm for V's.... :cookoo:

I am dying to hear it with the gutted cats. I had a 2004 a while back and it had the magnaflow and thought it was a little tame. Gutted cats might be right up my alley. Was it hard to do?

kentuckyplow
04-14-11, 09:17 AM
I also have the magnaflow and would like to hear one with gutted cats. Any sound clips out there?