: Scuff removal

fbords
03-31-11, 05:18 PM
I was taking a backpack out of my backseat interior when it hit the inside door panel (just below the wood trim) and left two 2" long white scuffs on my chocolate brown leather. I've tried plain water and a wash cloth, and they're lighter, but definitely still visible.

Anyone know of any home remedies? I purchased the Polysteel protection warranty, but would rather see if I can remove them myself before having to jump through those hoops to file a claim. I'm contemplating trying leather wipes, etc. I'd appreciate any feedback.

stevec5375
03-31-11, 05:32 PM
Maybe you could try this: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/187689-how-clean.html#post2095574

fbords
03-31-11, 05:34 PM
i actually tried that too. it didnt seem to help much on the dark leather, however it works great on removing dirt and the like from the lighter leather panels and seats.

PJ1520
04-01-11, 08:19 AM
The leather is dyed. You may have scraped off the color right down to the bare hide. At least you have a remedy all bought and paid for. I'd let the experts take care of it.

This happened to me in another vehicle, in the back seat when an unnamed knucklehead friend climbed in with something sharp in his back pocket. Same result, a white or very light greyish mark on the black seat. Shoe polish straightened it out mostly, and I never had to reapply over the next 10 years.

Let us know how this works out!

PJ