: 2006 STS V8 Navigation System

Cadillac_STS
03-31-11, 11:20 AM
Dear All,

I have the full loaded STS V8, I have the Voice Command Button on the steering wheel, but it does nothing when I push it.

Does this mean I don't have that option? How can you tell?

Thanks.

AllWheelEric
03-31-11, 06:28 PM
Try: Push and hold.

EChas3
03-31-11, 07:18 PM
I don't need to 'hold' my VR button. Might it be a replacement wheel?

Starting in 2008, they have 6 buttons. Before that they had only 4 buttons with functions depending upon equipment. None are interchangable.

Cadillac_STS
04-02-11, 02:56 AM
I have tried to push and hold but nothing happens.
is there a way to tell from the Navigation System if I have the option. I mean if the button is not connected, could there be a setting menue that I can bring up using the Navigation Screen to show that the option is there?

EChas3
04-02-11, 12:56 PM
'Fully Loaded' is an over-used term. The top trim level is RPO code !SG (1SC for V6 models). If you have Nav, I think you're supposed to have VR. Do you have the 15 speakers Bose setup? . If you don't have 2 speakers on the tops of each each front seat, I think your your Nav is a retro-fit. Check your spare tire cover for RPO code YQ4 (Bose 5.1 & Nav).

Page 2-57 of the Navigation Owners Manual shows two versions of the base menu. Press the Config hard-key to display the base menu. On the left side of the scrreen, the Navigation is the one that looks like driving down a road with clouds on the horizon. Press it. Press Volume.

I'd like the '1' setting to be even lower but my wife usually has hers set around 5. With the HUD, I often just leave it off. The manual says it applies to VR volume, too.

The language is under the Vehicle configurations. Your menus may be different based on options and Nav firmware levels.

Get a manual if you don't have one. If you have one, read it.

RippyPartsDept
04-02-11, 01:04 PM
yeah, nav manuals are like $10 from helm http://helminc.com

EChas3
04-02-11, 02:01 PM
yeah, nav manuals are like $10 from helm http://helminc.com

Download a pdf free by searching the forum.

RippyPartsDept
04-02-11, 02:32 PM
yeah, or that