: 255/45 verses 235/50 ????

thiesserv
03-31-11, 10:25 AM
Ya I know "here we go again":banghead::banghead: But really I've searched everywhere in this forum that I can and have not seen this particular issue addressed, so any advise would be helpful. I have a 2006 standard V6 STS RWD, I have factory Mich's 235/50-17 all 4 corners, need rubber and I'm sold on the conti's DW's (south florida so I don't need snow tires :sneaky:) But my issue is go back to the 235's or go to 255's all around? dont care about cost, don't want staggered, I know the ride might be a little rougher, but I was looking at 20" wheels prior, so a little bumpy is ok. I really don't trust the online tech people, their job is to sell tires, so if anyone is running this size all around let me know what you think? thanks

caddyfat2
03-31-11, 11:23 AM
Ya I know "here we go again":banghead::banghead: But really I've searched everywhere in this forum that I can and have not seen this particular issue addressed, so any advise would be helpful. I have a 2006 standard V6 STS RWD, I have factory Mich's 235/50-17 all 4 corners, need rubber and I'm sold on the conti's DW's (south florida so I don't need snow tires :sneaky:) But my issue is go back to the 235's or go to 255's all around? dont care about cost, don't want staggered, I know the ride might be a little rougher, but I was looking at 20" wheels prior, so a little bumpy is ok. I really don't trust the online tech people, their job is to sell tires, so if anyone is running this size all around let me know what you think? thanks

I think it is six of one and a half dozen of the other or shall I say it's a matter of personal preference of those two sizes since they both will work.:2thumbs:

EChas3
03-31-11, 09:24 PM
Wisconsinites say: "It's a horse apeice." How much more do the 255's cost?

thiesserv
04-01-11, 01:13 PM
the 255's were $12 more each, I just ordered them today, thanks for the the feedback everyone

STS Serge 172
04-04-11, 04:00 PM
the 255's were $12 more each, I just ordered them today, thanks for the the feedback everyone

Can you post pics of what 255/45R20s look like on your car??

I want to put 20s on my car but not sure how thick of a tire i should get...