: What is your Cadillac ATS wish list?

Lord Cadillac
03-31-11, 07:46 AM
Are there any specifics that'll lean you toward buying a new ATS over the competition? What's most important to you about this upcoming Cadillac vehicle? Once we get some suggestions, we'll start a poll to determine what is most important to the Cadillac enthusiast...

bruff1977
03-31-11, 11:50 AM
I could only hope for all types of the ATS to be available at launch. Wishful thinking. I really want the interior to be the best in its class. Ergonomics should be spot on for the enthusiasts out there and everyone else. I really like the mixture of leather, 'suede' and wood in the current CTS-V. If the ATS interior designers can expand on this theme with even better textiles/materials (i.e. CF), finishes, etc. (at least for the V) I will be sold even more.

Even more specifically: LEDs for all interior/rear license plate/exterior courtesy lights.
Nomenclature delete (Vs should still keep V badging)
Similar options available as the CTS-V AT LAUNCH (black grille, graphite wheels, etc.)

0AT E03
04-01-11, 01:34 PM
This is just my opinion:

I'd like to see the interior be classy, but at the same time not overly technowizadry. Come in between what BMW does (spartan) and what Lexus does (busy).

Lord Cadillac
04-01-11, 05:35 PM
BMW's 3-Series interior is definitely "spartan" but I do like the looks of the Lexus IS... I think this is boring as well (pictured). The center stack is "blah".
http://photo.netcarshow.com/Lincoln-MKS_2009_photo_31.jpg

brothleutner
04-04-11, 01:05 AM
Tell apple and microsoft to piss off, go all in for Android, and I mean across all GM cars. Apps you can put in your car? (i'm thinking displaying all vitals, codes thrown and what they mean sort of apps). The radio button surfaces need changed. The CTSv piano black stack looks cool, until I look at the crappy dull gray buttons everywhere. Can we go back to gloss black?

Platinum versions of all variants.

Smaller, rounder wheels wells. Maybe max wheel size 19", but nice and tight around the wheel wells. BMW does this well.

No Audi style LED's in the headlights. Keep a variant of the light tube we have now, just make it brighter please.

Big mean grill. I was not impressed with what appeared to be the size in the last spy shots.

Something needs done with the ass end. So many luxury cars are down right ugly from behind (c-class). The CTS isn't bad, but it ain't great either. Narrower tail lights, and.... I'm not a designer, but something back there.

Big sunroof, with a moonroof (non moving?) option.

Perfect fit and finish, materials that do not sqeak.

My ultimate wish that won't make it? A hybrid, but not how they work now. Engine is only a generator. Motors in all or 2 of the wheels. I don't car if it gets better gas mileage (and it probably wouldn't) but instant torque? Insane traction controls that would be easier to implement? Giant Mining haul trucks use this tech, and I've always wondered why regular cars didn't.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
04-04-11, 03:03 PM
V: power, manual trans, big brakes, no sunroof, Recaros or similar and high end interior.

concorso
04-04-11, 04:43 PM
V8. RWD. Coupe. 6M. Track package (big brakes, r-comps, manually adjustable suspension, weight deletion)

andy2005si
05-01-11, 07:34 PM
Have a DOHC v8 in it, yeah yeah I know thatll never happen though

lexterminator
05-11-11, 11:54 PM
I wish the ATS will be substantially lighter than the CTS. And I wish my 245-35-20 wheels that I currently use on my CTS will fit and use the same 5x120 bolt pattern on the new ATS. I have a 2009 CTS FE1 3.6 and I would like a smaller, lighter and firmer ride (FE2 or FE3) on the ATS.

rand49er
05-15-11, 11:37 PM
Six-speed manual (at least optional), AWD otional in ALL versions (including V), fully supportive seats with sufficient side bolstering, proper E-brake, five-stud wheels, fold-down rear seats (pass-through type would be adequate), snazzy interior, heads up display, TTV6 for V version with AT LEAST 380 hp, and weight as far under 3,400 lbs as possible.

MikeTerp
05-19-11, 08:36 PM
Serious attention to keeping weight down. Serious attention to vehicle balance, front and rear. Serious attention to steering and suspension for truly good handling. In other words, buy a BMW 3-series, the long-standing class benchmark then tear it down, emulate it and/or improve on it. Then, put a nicer interior in it. Don't let the bean counters destroy the car before it is launched by trying to save ten bucks here or there just to bring the sticker in under the 3. Build it right, then price it accordingly. Cadillac does not want to build something that people take a look at, then run down the street to buy a BMW or Audi. Racing to the bottom in price will not get you that far in this class.

bruff1977
08-22-11, 08:06 PM
Also, the most current MR shocks are a must. But I think THREE settings are needed instead of two (CTS-V). Touring, Sport, and a 'V' setting which 'should' be used on the track... Maybe even the 'V' setting could be customizable... And the settings should at least affect the obvious: Throttle response, Steering, and Suspension.

0AT E03
08-22-11, 11:33 PM
Also, the most current MR shocks are a must. But I think THREE settings are needed instead of two (CTS-V). Touring, Sport, and a 'V' setting which 'should' be used on the track... Maybe even the 'V' setting could be customizable... And the settings should at least affect the obvious: Throttle response, Steering, and Suspension.

You might be happy with what is planned... Take this, amp it up in the # of options and you are warmer.

jagowar
08-23-11, 08:46 PM
I am most interested to see the interior.... I personally want to see this be more of a "techies dream" than most here. This is a brand new design.... I kinda want all the bells and whistles of modern cars but keep it simple. Really looking to see if this will bring the bluetooth a2dp support from the camaro (hopefully w/o nav option also like the camaro).

I know wood/suede is all the rage but I kinda would like to see them keep it simple on this car.... not a fan of the wood on the steering wheel/shifter on the cts or the suede in the cts-v.

Volkswagen makes the kind of interiors that I'm talking about.... but cross the current cts interior with something close to the simple look of the vw.
http://suvcarpic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011-Volkswagen-Tiguan-Facelift-interior_81-4dfc5d18ae06e.jpg

In terms of performance I am most interested to see the handling.... I know they will put good engines in the car but I will be interested to see if the handling will hold up to the competition (the weight will play a role here).

bruff1977
09-20-11, 10:57 AM
The spy shots/videos that have infiltrated the sites I freqent show what looks like a Brembo package for the front only. Great setup for the turbo 4 and/or V6 models, but the V should have Brembos ALL AROUND.

Hoping a LED pipe crawls up the whole headlight housing.

My wish list keeps growing... Here's to the price staying suprisingly low.

mikesul
09-21-11, 12:44 PM
For the V option: Much lighter, 400+hp, 7 spd(manual and dual clutch option), large brakes, MR suspension, lighter-more supportive seats, use of C-F interior & exterior body panels (hood-trunk-front fenders). A variety of colors and more interior colors. That's all. :)

KenLand
09-21-11, 07:02 PM
I'm looking for decent power (270+ HP and not too heavy), a phenomenal 6spd MANUAL, interior as good as CTS, nimble/sporty/yet comfortable suspension (that DOESN'T need to be lowered)

Basically a BMW 3-5 series but with a measure of Cadillac superior styling and luxury.

One other thing - I don't want a gas hog. (A willing, free reving engine with a good note scores more points with me)

Jesda
09-21-11, 08:00 PM
Interior, interior, interior. That, along with snazzy turbo-six engines, will keep the ATS competitive despite its weight. Americans love soft leather, stitched and padded dashboards, and exhausts that go RAWR.

I know I do.

Stingroo
09-22-11, 09:19 AM
The spy shots/videos that have infiltrated the sites I freqent show what looks like a Brembo package for the front only. Great setup for the turbo 4 and/or V6 models, but the V should have Brembos ALL AROUND.

Hoping a LED pipe crawls up the whole headlight housing.

My wish list keeps growing... Here's to the price staying suprisingly low.

For the love of America and all things holy - NO TERRIBLE LED RUNNING LIGHTS!

JimmyH
09-25-11, 09:39 PM
For the love of America and all things holy - NO TERRIBLE LED RUNNING LIGHTS!

+10000000

Stingroo
09-26-11, 10:14 PM
I knew I liked Jimmeh for something.

JimmyH
09-27-11, 04:22 PM
I am soooooooooo tired of all the led running lights. I have yet to see a mercedes/audi etc with them that doesn't look like it was an aftermarket addon. I think even the new Regal Turbo has them. I saw that and was like :nono:

0AT E03
09-30-11, 10:34 AM
I am soooooooooo tired of all the led running lights. I have yet to see a mercedes/audi etc with them that doesn't look like it was an aftermarket addon. I think even the new Regal Turbo has them. I saw that and was like :nono:

Germans love them, by that I mean the German car buyers.

bruff1977
09-30-11, 01:04 PM
I feel that it adds to one part of Cadillac's design language: Art & SCIENCE. Being a Computer Engineering student and prospective buyer, I can appreciate that. Slapping a pair of LED strips within/underneath lamp housings is one thing. But integrating it tastefully (Art) with HIDs/Bi-Xenons is what I would like to see.

JimmyH
09-30-11, 02:49 PM
There is no tasteful integration of LED running lights. By their very nature they don't integrate. They will always look like computer panel indicator lights.