: 2007 Extended warranty

mcmunsell
03-30-11, 10:57 PM
Really undecided???? Our 2007 is ready to go off factory, bumper to bumper, warranty and we have 43,000 miles on it. Extended warranty, through Caddy, is $2800.00 for an additional 5 years or 100,000 miles. Should we buy or not. HELP! :hmm:

2007XTSDub
03-30-11, 11:03 PM
Yes I would buy it if you plan on keeping it for a long time.

Sent from Android.

lousy_investor
03-31-11, 01:11 AM
Really undecided???? Our 2007 is ready to go off factory, bumper to bumper, warranty and we have 43,000 miles on it. Extended warranty, through Caddy, is $2800.00 for an additional 5 years or 100,000 miles. Should we buy or not. HELP! :hmm:

Damn.. that's an awesome deal! I paid a lot more for a lot less warranty. Should have shopped around.

bstiffmanofsteel
03-31-11, 01:24 AM
Are you sure its an additional 5 years? Or is it 5 years from you delivery date?

TobyJohnson11
03-31-11, 01:38 AM
I would do it if I was going to keep it up to the 100k and try to find a way to use it.

zam2000
03-31-11, 02:04 AM

How do you get that deal ? 5 years/100K mile for $2800, I would buy that for any car.

Is it additional 5 years ?

MRANT212
03-31-11, 10:17 AM
I would get it. Make sure its the GM one. Also, check www.gmoutlet.com. This is where I boyught mine from. He is a Caddy dealer that discounts GMPP big time in Pa. I bought thru them for my Escalade and my Impala SS. Cheapsest I could find!!

Anthony

Mha
03-31-11, 12:49 PM
Does not drive a car cause damage? I was told that by an extended warranty guy trying to sell me one( I drive an 07 with 42k on it and didnt think I needed on)

I work 6 days a week afternoon so dont realy have to much time to drive it and I dont realy want to drive it to work, so I oly drive it on Sunday

Anyone know?

Thanks

mcmunsell
04-01-11, 11:11 AM
Yes it's 5 years from contract signing. Thanks for feedback.

MrHolland
04-01-11, 12:45 PM
Does not drive a car cause damage? I was told that by an extended warranty guy trying to sell me one( I drive an 07 with 42k on it and didnt think I needed on)

I work 6 days a week afternoon so dont realy have to much time to drive it and I dont realy want to drive it to work, so I oly drive it on Sunday

Anyone know?

Thanks

IMHO I think letting a car sit for long periods of time will cause damage, maybe more than normal driving. Things dry out and become brittle from sitting for long periods. If you drive your car once a week then it should be fine. That being said, the tires may dry rot before they actually wear out. Me personally, I wouldn't worry about my car if I only drove it once a week. Adding an extended warranty however is up to you.

Tough2U
04-03-11, 06:28 PM
No this is not a good deal. It would be much better to set aside the money and you will see that you will not spend 2800 dollars in covered repairs. Look at it this way, warranty companies know that for 58000 miles you will not even have half this amount of expense in repairs unless you do something foolish like not change the oil etc and they will come up with reasons its not covered. It looks good on paper only

C5James
04-03-11, 07:30 PM
I just traded my 2007 Avalanche towards my 2008 Escalade, my avlanche had at time of trade in 151,000km. i had the extended warranty, during that time stuff that was repaired that would not be under the normal drivetrain warranty is as follows

Driverside ball joints ($600 in parts)
Starter, towed and repaired ($930 I was shocked a starter cost that much)
Compressor for the air ride suspension ($1200)
BCM replaced (forget the cost)
Air Ride computer (forget the cost)

Under the factory non extended warranty
valve job (they ticked like mad first thing in the morning)

each time I got a rental as well.

so i'm considering getting it for my Escalade as well. I'm thinking of the 74/160km coverage. and they told me the months start when it was first purchased not when I purchased it.

mark v.
04-03-11, 08:22 PM
Yes it's 5 years from contract signing. Thanks for feedback.
time may be from contract signing but im sure you will find mileage is from original in service date.

Mike Jones
04-03-11, 11:25 PM
We're a sponsoring vendor. Purchase of an extended warranty is ultimately a personal decision. Take into consideration your personal tolerance for risk, your ability to pay for repairs and the reliability of your vehicle. Extended mechanical breakdwon protection provides peace-of-mind and increases the resale value of your vehicle (our contracts are transferrable). Of course it also pays the repair bills when that becomes necessary. We can offer 5 additional years and up to 100,000 miles on the odometer for $1,675 with $100 deductible per visit for our Platinum coverage (commonly called bumper-to-bumper). This assumes 2007 Cadillac Escalade, 2WD, 43000 Miles, Gasoline Engine, No Turbo, Not CA, AK, ID, OR (any other state in US OK). www.auto-POM.com We're authorized agents for Mercury Insurance Group. You can take your vehicle to any authorized repair facility in the US or Canada.

Mike Jones
04-03-11, 11:30 PM
That quote also assumes the vehicle is still under manufacture's original warranty.