: Brochure is inaccurate

Ormond
10-06-04, 02:12 PM
For those of you buying or ordering a STS, be aware that some of the option packages have changed. I looked at a V6 with the luxury package today that did not have the garage door opener, XM, or wood trim. I cannot imagine spending $44K on a luxury car and it not having the door/gate opener. My Lexus has that!! So check with your salesperson, do not rely on the brochure! :nono:

startacus
10-06-04, 03:13 PM
I've seen the website and the claims of performance of the V6 but IYHO how does the 6 vvt perform in comparison with the Northstar 8 vvt?

rayainsw
10-06-04, 03:13 PM
The latest Order Guide I have seen shows U2K Radio w/XM as ‘A’ = available w/1SB
Shows B19 Wood Trim as ‘A’ = available w/1SB
And shows UG1 same

And

PCR

Premium Upgrade Package, includes (AP9) Trunk
Convenience Package, (U2K) Sound system feature,
XM Satellite Radio, (UG1) Universal transmitter,
Homelink and (B19) Wood Trim Package
1 - Not available for 2005 Model Year start-up.

- Ray
Wondering if it will be included ‘later’ – and if the 1SB price will increase .

golfkt
10-06-04, 07:49 PM
I also have the 1-SB ordered with the luxury upgrade. It had the wood trim-BUT-not on the door pulls. XM radio is available.

Ormond
10-07-04, 11:16 AM
I think this package is an extra $700:

Premium Upgrade Package, includes (AP9) Trunk
Convenience Package, (U2K) Sound system feature,
XM Satellite Radio, (UG1) Universal transmitter,
Homelink and (B19) Wood Trim Package

In the brochure it is part of the luxury package.

My dealer had a V6 with luxury package, and I noticed that it didn't include wood trim or the garage door opener. It also had the V8 Northstar badge on the trunk--it was mislabled at the factory :madtalkin

rayainsw
10-07-04, 12:01 PM
"V6 with luxury package, and I noticed that it didn't include wood trim or the garage door opener. It also had the V8 Northstar badge on the trunk--it was mislabled at the factory "

Now THAT seems like a pretty big 'mistake' . . .
- Ray
Seeing a door wide open here for salespersons . . .

Slick V
10-07-04, 10:54 PM
Ive noticed that when a shipment of new STS's come in that they do not have the engine badgeing. The dealer puts them on during there prep.

krypt
10-08-04, 01:47 AM
I remember my 1991 Seville had a 4.5L V8 emblem when it had the 4.9L under the hood. I think it's a rule of production that the show must go on, right or wrong (as long as it's a minor problem)

msheri01
10-08-04, 09:02 AM
Ive noticed that when a shipment of new STS's come in that they do not have the engine badgeing. The dealer puts them on during there prep.

The cars without Northstar badges are V-6 models. The engine covers are installed at prep, but the badges are installed at the factory. If a V8 is missing the badge, it is a build error.

golfkt
10-08-04, 09:58 AM
1-SB Luxury. B19 Wood Trim Package is wood on the center stack,console and IP molding. My understanding, to get wood on the gear shift and door pulls,etc., it would have to be the Premium Lux Pkg. The one with the DVD/Navigation.

golfkt
10-13-04, 08:47 PM
ALSO!!! cadillac.com and gm.com is WRONG on their options.
Example: Building your car.