: A fun new thread for current/past catera owners :)

ccatera10
03-30-11, 09:35 PM
So just to make a new subject, how will you be getting rid of your catera once its done functioning?

nicely have it taken to the auto lot, so other catera owners can keep there car barley functioning.

burn the car for taking so much money out of your wallet.

smash the car to pieces using the sledge hammer? :yup:

flush it!

Iím just kidding,... for those who have a decent running catera.:halo:

But for those who truly dislike what this car has put you through. feel free to let your emotions out haha.

kaustein
03-31-11, 02:15 AM
I traded mine in and it will end up on some urban used car lot, "buy here, pay here."

catera00
03-31-11, 04:06 PM
Set it on fire and roll it off a mountain. I might do that today actually. Ha! I love/hate this car

investor74
03-31-11, 09:32 PM
I've had our '97 Catera for 14.5 years, 112K, bought it new. I keep waiting for the "big one" that will convince me it is not worth keeping, but it has not come yet. In fact, the last 4 years or so, the car has been running great and cost me very little.

I would have got rid of it in the cash for clunkers program, because I never will get as much as they were offering. However, the '97 didn't qualify because it got one more mpg than the 98 and up for some reason, and you had to be below that number. Pretty soon I will need new tires and once again be faced with a decision point.

IvoryWhiteCatera
04-14-11, 03:48 AM
I would tear out that piece of poo engine and transmission, because that's where the source of trouble is for the whole car. And then, I would drop an LS1 or a Nissan RB26. The car itself is beautiful, but it's just poorly engineered...and built.

CateraMV6
04-21-11, 08:35 PM
Mine swallows all the money in upgrades, no electrical or other nightmares with it, so I guess I got lucky and thats why I modded it... Turns heads like no other whenever I drive it... The other day at my new job half the staff was glued to the windows to check it out, all wondering what it was, or who drove it... once they found out I spent the next 4hrs telling them all about it. It was parked next to a 2011 Z06 and that thing just stood there shadowed I guess...

No plans to get rid of mine yet, at 200K I plan to swap out to the 3.2L from the CTS and continue on with it... LOL Good luck to you all.