: Shall we run the forum on this new software?

Lord Cadillac
03-30-11, 04:17 PM
So about two weeks ago this new type of forum software was released by one of the guys who's made vBulletin (this script) so popular over the years. Keeping that in mind, I had a feeling this would be a really impressive forum script. So, all I needed to was a reason to buy it and install it...

HERE IT IS (http://www.jaguarforum.org).

I took a quick look around and didn't really see any Jaguar forums that impressed me - so I thought I'd throw something together (it took me about an hour) and see how/where it went.

I'm not really looking to see how "fast" it is.. I know it's going to be fast. There are hardly any posts and the database is about as tiny as it can get. I'd like to know how you feel about it feature-wise.. Is it easy to use? Will it take a lot of getting used to? What do you think? Let me know..

Before I make any decision, I'd like to see the place become at least a LITTLE busy so I can take note of how it performs.. Not only that, I'd like to start installing some "extras" like we have here to see how things will run as the system becomes more complex.

Or maybe you'd rather it just stay the way it is? Basically - a forum - and little else. Because that's pretty much what it is right now...

So if you like Jaguars - sign up and do some talking. If you don't like Jaguars, well, sign up anyway. :)

Thank you!

Sal C.

P.S. Another alternative you might want to check out is the system running at www.fordvschevy.com - it's not "new" and I think it's very similar to what we have here. At some point in the not-too-distant future, we're probably going to switch to one of these.....

Jesda
03-30-11, 04:31 PM
Force it to display text in Verdana and darken the color scheme. The rest doesn't matter to end-users.

Lord Cadillac
03-30-11, 04:36 PM
Okay. I just updated the font to Verdana.. Now let me see about the color scheme...

ThumperPup
03-30-11, 04:40 PM
i think this one looks better then the jaq one

the other one you posted the fordvschevy.com
wich is probably what LincolnsVsCadillacs.com is a nock of of lol

um i like that look a little bit better

Lord Cadillac
03-30-11, 04:52 PM
I had to put the font back. There's some learning for me to do when it comes to this new software. Changing the color scheme is very different as well.. I'll get back to it..

Otherwise, so we have one vote for Invision Power Board over this new system - and even vBulletin beats it. :p So let's see where we go with this over the next few weeks...

Stingroo
03-30-11, 05:44 PM
I vote for IPB. Loud and clear.

And also loud.

ga_etc
03-30-11, 07:43 PM
It seems kinda cool. Pretty simple to figure out. I'm just curious how it would handle all of the traffic we have on here, plus the little extras we have.

ted tcb
03-30-11, 08:02 PM
Well, I tried to register on the Jag forum earlier today.

Unfortunately, the email confirmation never reached me.
I tried twice .... no luck.

thebigjimsho
03-30-11, 09:38 PM
Force it to display text in Verdana and darken the color scheme. The rest doesn't matter to end-users.
Agreed. It's been months since the last upgrade and I still pine for the old color and border schemes. I put up with it here, but I still hate it...

Destroyer
03-30-11, 10:13 PM
I joined the Jag forum since I have one. Hope it goes well for ya Sal. :cool:

cadillac kevin
03-30-11, 10:41 PM
I'm not big on the layout of the jag forum. I'm on another forum with that layout and it's not that appealing to me (too bubbly and the fonts look weird).

orconn
03-30-11, 11:42 PM
I joined the Jag Forum this afternoon, but when I left a message on the forum it apparently never registered as it doesn't show up.

Playdrv4me
03-31-11, 01:31 AM
I don't care what you do, so long as we don't have to re-register and you leave Tapatalk alone :lildevil:

ThumperPup
04-01-11, 07:42 PM
are we on the new software ?
something looks dirante about the top of the screan
its like missing stuff just blank white

RippyPartsDept
04-01-11, 08:32 PM
i like them both... the jaguar board colors really need work (as you obviously know)

i think i lean a bit towards XenForo since IPB always seems like a blog to me and not a forum