: Heartbroken

billdaman
03-29-11, 11:40 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/billdaman/heatrbreaker.jpg

What more can I say...driven to tears, brand new, for real, not photoshopped! Check out that stretched roof sheetmetal and the snoot of that locomotive filling where the drivers door once was.

HartfordGuy
03-30-11, 06:56 AM
No, not photoshopped. That was from a few years ago when a car carrier got stuck on the tracks and hit by a train. The impact impaled that DTS on the locomotive.

Here is another view from my photo archives.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4028/4703133876_929306df53_o.jpg

BlackRavenDTS
03-30-11, 07:56 AM
No, not photoshopped. That was from a few years ago when a car carrier got stuck on the tracks and hit by a train. The impact impaled that DTS on the locomotive.

Here is another view from my photo archives.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4028/4703133876_929306df53_o.jpg

Couple things...

1. RIP

2. If that were any Toyota or Honda, then the car would have shattered like glass...

3. If a person was inside the car. All he/she would have noticed is a ton of balloon fill up the cabin and him taking a nap with a blanket and Hot chocolate....

All in all With the amount of Air bangs I believe IF a person was in there (for some reason) He/she would be fine.

I shed a tear when I saw this photo months ago.

383 LT1 SS
03-30-11, 12:24 PM
Nothing that a little rubbing compound couldn't take care of.

383 LT1 SS

Rusty058
03-30-11, 08:29 PM
Anyone have a link to the story behind the picture,I'd like to know how the car ended up on the tracks.

Lev Blekher
03-31-11, 03:12 AM
Ya I remember this from a while back. The other day at a dealer I saw a DTS with major damage to the trunk lid, CHMSL, left tail light, and rear bumper. Looked like a tree branch fell on it or it got hit by a high truck. Repairs probably cost more than the monetary value of my entire other car.

lucwolf
08-21-11, 02:59 AM
I am addicted to vehicles. All kinds and ages, and especially my Caddy. HOWEVER, it has no feelings, can be repaired or replaced, and as long as noone is hurt, no tragedy has occurred. They are things.

ogbuehi
08-21-11, 09:42 PM
I am a firm believer that if you take care of your car, it will take care of you. This policy has never failed me. I'm curious how a brand new car like that could get stuck. And I'm surprised that that guy was standing that close. You never know how the car could have rebounded from the impact.

Superjim
08-22-11, 12:26 AM
I am a firm believer that if you take care of your car, it will take care of you. This policy has never failed me. I'm curious how a brand new car like that could get stuck. And I'm surprised that that guy was standing that close. You never know how the car could have rebounded from the impact.

If I remember correctly...
The Cadillac was on a car hauler that got hit... the truck driver tried to beat the train and that was the end result...

ogbuehi
08-22-11, 06:44 AM
Actually I think it makes a little more sense now. Looking at both pictures, it appears that the train was travelling with that car on it's hood for a distance (probably because it would take a while for it to stop). You can tell that by the difference in the ground surrounding the train tracks. So that guy in the first picture probably was from the train company and knew and was there ahead of the train to view the damage personally. And now I can see why the carrier's truck was nowhere to be seen. People, like the media, must've found out about this and gone ahead of the train to get pictures of the car stuck on the train. The first picture just looked like the carrier hopped out and stood by and watched. I bad for the driver because I know that probably screwed his career over.