: Court: Stolen Valor Act Unconstitutional

orconn
03-29-11, 05:23 PM
The law making it illegal to lie about one's military service and military medals and heroic acts has been determined by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to be un-Constitutional because it is in violation of free speech.

So all those of you who never served, or had less than heroic military careers please feel free to continue to brag about your "distinguished" military service with impunity.

Jesda
03-29-11, 05:38 PM
Commonly heard at bars: "I'm a navy seal"

Never heard at bars: "I'm an army cook"

Submariner409
03-29-11, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately a lot of civilians are pretty gullible when it comes to "war stories". It goes with the computer game mystique............but the insiders can spot (and hear) a "VietNam vet" a mile away - you can find the phonies and liars in just about any gin mill. Truly pathetic people who never had a life. Scum. Worthless human excrement. Look some 19 year old Army girl, both legs blown off in Iraq, in the eye and ask her what she thinks about that type of slime. (BTW - get involved with Wounded Warriors - these kids let it all hang out and never complain........ problem is, it rips your heart out.) Some of us in here were lucky - we did time with a few nicks and scratches. Other buddies never came back. Freedom of speech, my ass. Common, low down liar.

Is the 9th Circuit in California ?? If so, typical. (Yep, Left Coast. It fits.)

Ranger
03-29-11, 10:20 PM
That's a damned shame. Sometimes I think we (liberal judges) take the constitution just a little to literally. Some things are sacred (or at least should be). :mad: