: Dts onstar

ffrog
03-29-11, 04:52 PM
FYI.

Yesterday I pushed the blue Onstar button to enter their sweepstakes. I cancelled Onstar awhile ago. Anyway, after I was entered, I listened to a sales pitch. They tried to sell me an Onstar account and minutes for their Onstar telephone. After declining all, they offered me a free 6 month subscription which I accepted. Then they wanted me to provide a credit card number for renewal purposes which I also declined. Onstar must be losing a lot of customers.

Anyway if you’re interested you can either get a 6 month trial or maybe for those that already have an account an extension or maybe even the grand prize.

BlackRavenDTS
03-30-11, 07:07 AM
I signed up as well to win a Free car.

I might go with the CTS 3.6 liter Coupe (The V is too expensive for Gas and fixing I think.)

They tried to sign me up too for all that junk. I declined everything. Since I work for a Customer Service kind of job I was kinda confusing the agent because I knew all of his tricks. lol

He probably deleted my entry... LOL!

Superjim
03-30-11, 09:25 AM
Since I am a subscriber... mine was totally automated... :)
I pushed the Blue Button...
It told me that if I wanted to enter the contest wait a minute...if I needed help, say "ADVISER"...
I kept my mouth shut, for a change... and in a few seconds it said the an entry was created for the owner of the vehicle... and only one entry per vehicle is allowed.

That's all there was to it..

Jim

TulsaVic
03-30-11, 11:17 AM
Gotta remember to do that--enter the drawing.
In the 3 years I've owned the car I've used On-Star once...for navigation...but I keep the subscription for the airbag deploy / accident notification feature. It only has to work once to be worth inivesting all the money in the world....

ffrog
03-30-11, 12:02 PM
It told me that if I wanted to enter the contest wait a minute...if I needed help, say "ADVISER"...
I kept my mouth shut, for a change... and in a few seconds it said the an entry was created for the owner of the vehicle... and only one entry per vehicle is allowed.

Jim

Did you get a free 6 month extension?

Kenwood
03-30-11, 12:06 PM

Jim

Yeah, but they should give you a little something like a free 6 months extension, some free minutes or an upgrade to directions and connections for being a good customer. Heck, non-customers are getting free subscriptions!

Superjim
03-30-11, 12:07 PM
Gotta remember to do that--enter the drawing.
In the 3 years I've owned the car I've used On-Star once...for navigation...but I keep the subscription for the airbag deploy / accident notification feature.
It only has to work once to be worth inivesting all the money in the world....

You are absolutely correct. :)
ONE TIME, makes it all worth it.

I use mine quite a bit... especially when traveling.
We do not have an itinerary when we travel.
We just take off and see where we wind up at the end of the day. :D :D

OnStar comes in real handy sometimes helping you find a good motel after a long day of driving.
There are certain ones we like better than others, and OnStar can tell me if there is one I like in the next town.
They are also handy helping you find a good place to eat when you are someplace and don't know your way around.

Jim

Superjim
03-30-11, 12:08 PM
Yeah, but they should give you a little something like a free 6 months extension, some free minutes or an upgrade to directions and connections for being a good customer. Heck, non-customers are getting free subscriptions!

I think I will call them back and gripe about that...
Thanks for the idea...:thumbsup:

Jim

Superjim
03-30-11, 12:09 PM
Did you get a free 6 month extension?

Nope... but they will hear about it later today...:D

Jim

BlackRavenDTS
03-30-11, 08:39 PM
You are absolutely correct. :)
ONE TIME, makes it all worth it.

I use mine quite a bit... especially when traveling.
We do not have an itinerary when we travel.
We just take off and see where we wind up at the end of the day. :D :D

OnStar comes in real handy sometimes helping you find a good motel after a long day of driving.
There are certain ones we like better than others, and OnStar can tell me if there is one I like in the next town.
They are also handy helping you find a good place to eat when you are someplace and don't know your way around.

Jim

Funny thing is I work for a travel company. All i wish i could do is bring my DTS to Europe and drive it there. lol. I dont think that would fly though.

Lev Blekher
03-31-11, 02:07 AM
I did the same thing, as I described in another thread. For new customers there is no need to give your credit card info because they will sign you up anyway. Just dreaming here...I would take an Escalade ESV Platinum or Corvette ZR1, sell it, and buy a CTS-V coupe with money in the bank!

Gunmetalgray08dts
05-23-11, 09:09 PM
Regarding Onstar's Contest:

I entered the contest after purchasing my used 08 DTS. I got the 6 month trial and did not give out any credit card info as I'll probably cancel after the trail period. As for my vehicle of choice when I win the contest...it's a no brainer for me...yet another DTS I suppose...but maybe an Escalade...when it comes to my vehicles BIGGER is ALWAYS BETTER!

HartfordGuy
05-23-11, 09:38 PM
Good reminder guys. I will enter asap. I do subscribe to Onstar. I use the hands free calling, plus the weather and traffic feature too. I like the monthly status emails, plus as mentioned in an early thread, it has emailed my local dealer when a service engine light came on. I hope i'll never need the airbag notification service or the lock out service, but it is nice to know it is there.