: Good Bye Caddy......Good times

LLCoolJson
03-29-11, 03:46 PM
Said good-bye to my STS..Traded it in for a 2011 Buick Lacrosse CXS.... Have to say the buick is really a nice car. Pretty much has all the options of the Caddy..has HUD and heated and cooled seats....No ACC .... But the 19' wheels do look nice...GM did a nice job with this car...But i will miss the Caddy.....

turnne
03-29-11, 03:58 PM
why did you trade?
just time for a new car?

Warren

LLCoolJson
03-29-11, 04:24 PM
CPO warranty was getting ready to run out.... Also , my wife got a new car..so when i would drive her car it would make me want a new car.... when we were at the car show i sat in the lacrosse and regal and both cars were really nice...

KRSTS
03-29-11, 04:30 PM
Still have my STS. Bought the wife a 2010 Buick Enclave. She loves it. Buick is making some fine iron now.:bouncy:

LLCoolJson
03-29-11, 04:37 PM
I really like the new buicks...enclave would be my choice of the generals SUV's.... I test drove the regal turbo.... nice car...needed a little more room so the lacrosse was the way to go..plus more features and closer to the Lac....

Lord Cadillac
03-29-11, 04:57 PM
So have you guys moved onto our Buick site (http://www.buickforums.com)? :) I hope to see you there!

LLCoolJson
03-29-11, 06:29 PM
I am a current user on the Buick site...Lots of good info... wish it was as busy as this site.....Both sites are great and offer tons of info....

hazcaddy
03-29-11, 06:51 PM
Had to let my STS4 go too a few weeks back. Out of warranty, was starting to throw a few shoes here and there, and the donkey-cart ride was finally getting to me.

It was a fun car to drive, but my new low-mileage DTS has so much more space, and is so smooth, quiet, and comfortable that I shall look back on the STS fondly but not longingly...

Lord Cadillac
03-29-11, 07:56 PM
Thank you for saying so! The Buick site will definitely pick up as more and more people start liking Buicks again... They're REALLY on their way back up the ladder at GM.

I am a current user on the Buick site...Lots of good info... wish it was as busy as this site.....Both sites are great and offer tons of info....

jordan00escalade
03-29-11, 08:57 PM
I seen a buick commercial the other day.. They are looking real nice

CADDYBLACK99
03-29-11, 09:06 PM
I have to agree that the new Buicks look like contenders. When someone asks I always say, "I'm not old enough to own a Buick yet!" I can't part with Caddy for now. I agree with hazcaddy, I miss the ride of my Deville.

Thanks Sal for keeping this place going and growing!

certifydg
03-29-11, 09:48 PM
Congrats on your new buy......pix of new ride

Frikiton
03-29-11, 11:59 PM
I have to agree as well, when I saw the new Lacrosse in the streets I was like WOW mama..

Also, the new Regal is already on top charts =)

PETE314
04-01-11, 09:58 PM
Whats the pickup like compared with the STS???

EChas3
04-02-11, 01:49 PM
Edmunds quotes the 3.6DI LaCrosse at 7.5 in 0-60. AWD has to be close to half a second slower due to mechanical resistance and weight.

STS V8 RWD Stock = 6.0 seconds 0-60. Forum members with the V8 AWD have claimed as good as 6.6. I get 6.8 (rarely buy premium). The 2008 & up (DI) V6 is almost as good, slower by only 1 or 2 tenths of a second.

Pre-2008 RWD V6 (not DI) is estmated at 6.5 seconds with AWD around 7 seconds.

The V is under 5.

KRSTS
04-02-11, 06:53 PM
That's because the 3.6 DI in the Buicks are only 288 HP, not 302.

EChas3
04-02-11, 08:02 PM
Torque is more important than horsepower but there is no replacement for displacement. I want a V8.

PETE314
04-04-11, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I knew the numbers for the most part.

I was wondering more from a behind the wheel perspective. I should have specified... Does it "feel" alot slower? Heck I have been in some slow cars, that FELT a whole lot faster than they actually were. And in that way, they were a lot of fun to drive...And I have been in other cars that were very fast, but it was deceptive behind the wheel.

turnne
04-04-11, 03:06 PM
I guess I would wonder
if the car doesn't stop, steer, handle and brake well....would you really want to drive it in a spirited manner?

The 05 I have now drives SIGNIFICANTLY better than the 02 I traded in

Neither car is a stellar handler in the grand scheme of things...but the steering and brakes were so poor on the 02 that I never would have even thought about using its power potential

I would take a car that had stellar handling and less power any day over one with vice-versa

Based on prevailing prices it also must be a lot more expensive to make a car handle well than it is to make it fast

Warren

LLCoolJson
04-04-11, 03:46 PM
The lacrosse dosent feel slow... not as fast as the STS, But less torque... But it's smooth and feels quick. Handle pretty good too... Has a sport mode, i havent really tried it yet to see if there is really any difference, Bur overall it is really a nice car...

EChas3
04-04-11, 08:44 PM
Enjoy!

PETE314
04-05-11, 01:42 PM
You would be wondering about the handling in a Buick???? ;) LOL jk

OK OK I know about the Regal, etc. but I had to put that in....lol But for the most part the Lacross is not going to feel very sporty in a suspension sense....so accelleration was a wonder of mine since it was using a slightly detuned 3.6 DI.

LLCoolJson
04-05-11, 08:30 PM
lol.... Handling isnt to bad. It has 19' wheels (245-40-19 tire)... accelleration isnt bad..not a rocket by an means..but it has a little punch. The sts had pull from any speed, when you hit it, it went... havent really jumped on the lacrosse yet..still only has 230 miles... but i have to say it is super smooth and really quiet. plus the interior is really nice.. maybe the first time i take down a zo6 or zr-1 , then i will know the true power of the this Buick grand lanational lol....

turnne
04-06-11, 08:07 AM
lol.... Handling isnt to bad. It has 19' wheels (245-40-19 tire)... accelleration isnt bad..not a rocket by an means..but it has a little punch. The sts had pull from any speed, when you hit it, it went... havent really jumped on the lacrosse yet..still only has 230 miles... but i have to say it is super smooth and really quiet. plus the interior is really nice.. maybe the first time i take down a zo6 or zr-1 , then i will know the true power of the this Buick grand lanational lol....

I would more interested in how it would corner and brake say against a BMW 5 series

Warren

PETE314
04-06-11, 08:15 AM
Or a Lotus

LLCoolJson
04-06-11, 06:30 PM
Today i out cornered a viper, ninja, an old lady on her lark and a septa bus... not a bad day.....

turnne
04-07-11, 09:26 AM
Today i out cornered a viper, ninja, an old lady on her lark and a septa bus... not a bad day.....

You have BY FAR then..the best handling STS they ever made

Mine can't even tangle with a base model BMW 3 series sedan

Warren

Midnight
04-07-11, 02:46 PM
> viper, ninja, an old lady on her lark and a septa bus

Sounds like you have a really dangerous commute!

LLCoolJson
04-07-11, 09:28 PM
Don't forget the people who ride bikes on the snow covered roads, or the pigeons, taxi cabs, lady drivers, and those awesome rice burners with the fart cannons and the giant wings with the primer paint jobs and over sized body kits...

turnne
04-09-11, 08:45 PM
or the Cadillac drivers with the carriage roofs, gold packages, vogue tires and added on "grilles"

Warren

jimmbo
04-12-11, 09:18 AM
I'm sure your Kidneys will be happier with the Buick and its much more realistic ride.