: Hover text box pop ups

JimmyH
03-28-11, 05:50 PM
Hey Sal, you know those boxes that pop up when you mouse hover over links? Those are pretty useless, but have to be pulling requests from the server. Couldn't you get rid of those? I find them annoying anyway.

As you are moving you mouse around the forum indexes, those have to be sending alot of requests to the server. Nixing them may speed things up further.

Ranger
03-28-11, 09:23 PM
I kind of like those. I can get a brief view of a thread to decide if I want to bother opening it. It's helpful on threads titled "Help!".

drewsdeville
03-29-11, 05:10 AM
I kind of like those. I can get a brief view of a thread to decide if I want to bother opening it. It's helpful on threads titled "Help!".

Same.

Stingroo
03-29-11, 08:47 AM
Yeah.

Their actual first intended purpose is for people with disabilities. There's a way to turn it on and your computer will "speak" the text in those little boxes.

At least, that's what I was taught in web design in high school.

JimmyH
03-29-11, 06:51 PM
well, they are always getting in my way. and they have to be putting extra load on the server i would think.

RippyPartsDept
04-13-11, 10:38 PM
it's text and it gets sent w/ the page load, not each time you roll over so it's not much server load

the 'work' to pull up that text upon hover is done client side (as it were) from the initial page load data