: 2011 CTS Nav Disc - HELP!

tonyfort
03-28-11, 03:19 PM
I'm looking for some help. I have just recently installed the 2011 CTS Navigation update in my 2008 CTS. I now have the problems listed in this thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/218361-cadillac-cts-2011-nav-disc.html

My main problem is with the screen popping up and going blank every time the car is placed in reverse. I have contacted GM NavDisc and they have said to take it to my local dealer. I have taken the car to my dealer, Hendrick Durham Automall in Durham, NC, and they could not figure out the problem. Since I am out of bumper-to-bumper warranty, they told me if I bring it back for them to try to figure it out again I will need to pay a diagnostic charge. I have also contacted another dealer in my area (Hendrick Cadillac in Cary, NC) and was told I also would have to pay the diagnostic charge. They also told me they had not heard of the problem.

I don't believe it is right that I should have to pay for a problem that was caused by a defective update I have paid $200 for. I have gotten nowhere with GM NavDisc center and nowhere with the dealerships. Hendrick Cadillac suggested I contact Cadillac Customer Service about the issue, thus I am here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-31-11, 01:36 PM
I have handled this issue through direct messages with this member at this time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

The Tony Show
04-07-11, 03:01 PM
Thanks Jeff. :thumbsup:

gfpilot
04-22-11, 03:34 PM
I went ahead and order mine last month thinking that the issues were resolved. I tried to install the disk today and It is not accepting the access code received from NavDisk Center. I spoke with them today and they told me they are working on know issues and will be back in touch with me via email. I guess it;s a good thing it didn't let me install.:banghead::banghead::cookoo:

jzchen
05-06-11, 10:56 PM
Ordered my disc from www.gmnavdisc.com last Fri. and got it today. It installed without a hitch. I had a 12 amp battery charger attached to the terminals in the engine compartment.

davepost88
05-12-11, 10:21 AM
I have handled this issue through direct messages with this member at this time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Jeff, I have the exact same problem. The dealership is lost and wants to charge me and the Nav Center insists I go to the dealership. Also, my Gracenotes update will not load either.

HELP