: Question on Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110

Castro
03-28-11, 03:38 PM
I'm shopping summer tires at the moment, (stock wheels/suspension/ride height) and the current front runner are these Hankooks. Reviews are very good, they are reportedly very comfortable and quiet while still providing great traction, performance, turn in, etc. for my daily driver. Plus the price is right and they should last a while. They question is on one or two reviews the customer mentions overnight flat spotting that goes away when warm. My current snow tires do this. I hate it. Is anyone running these that has an opinion? I'm thinking 255/40 all around.

rand49er
03-28-11, 06:37 PM
I had contemplated these tires, but somehow got the impression that they'd get loud(er) as they aged. Don't know that for certain, though. Hadn't heard about flat spots when cold. Looking at an alternative now.

JustinC
03-29-11, 11:25 AM
Flatspots sound more like the users were underinflated for that type of tire.

I wouldn't go off consumer reviews for tires. What's loud, grippy, long lasting, etc is often ignorantly reviewed by people who've only ever been on 2-3 sets of different tires. Look at PS2 reviews. All people complain about it wear! Duh! Anyway go by journalist reviews. They're the ones who properly setup subjective reviews and have usually review tires every year

soflarick
03-29-11, 11:32 AM
I've had the Evos for apr 9k miles, and have been pleased with their wet and dry behavior. Performance, noise, and wear have all been very good. I would purchase them again. Your post indicates you are aware they are summer tires. I am in South Florida, so I don't think about cold weather tires, but I do consider wet weather performance, and these tires have performed very well in standing water.

DDS rollin a CTS
03-29-11, 12:45 PM
These tires came on my V when I bought it a couple of weeks ago. They seem to ride nicely and grip well in the dry. They did slip a little the one time I drove in the rain but I think that had more to do with my noobish clutch control than the grip of the tires themselves. Although they are summer tires they didnt seem to give much up grip-wise in temperatures as low as 30F. I have not and probably would not try to drive them on snow though (been there with a different set of summer tires, didnt work very well). Noise wise they seem to be very quiet but they only have maybe 5k miles on them so far. Overall I am very satisfied with them so far and will speak more once I've abused them next week at an autocross event.

EDIT: I have not noticed any "flatspotting" at all after parking overnight, even on cold mornings (<30F).

repenttokyo
03-29-11, 01:58 PM
i have these tires, run them in the summer, no flat spotting at all. i would buy them again.

odla
03-29-11, 02:10 PM
Great tire for dd. I have two sets. the ones i went to the track with got loud. the set on my wifes car is no noise. both were bought at the same time. They are great in the rain.

Castro
03-29-11, 03:29 PM
Good to hear. Yes I have full blown snow tires from turkey day through Easter so these are what I'm looking for during warmer months only. With the crazy snow we got this year in PA I'm pretty shocked that some are afraid to drive in winter, I rarely even shoveled my driveway and never had a problem but I'm used to rwd winters. I heard these Hankooks won a major review in 2009 but not sure which one, planning on making the purchase shortly. Switching between snows and slow wearing summer tires I expect each to last quite a while.

fazz1225
03-30-11, 09:30 PM
I have the V12 in mine since last summer and they work great. Car sat in garage for winter only coming out a handful of times and at no time did I experience flat spots. As for size I went with 275 rears and 245 fronts with absolutely no regrets... good luck

Koooop
03-31-11, 03:09 AM
I'm over 10,000 miles on my set. No flat spotting, they are not getting louder as they age, they have exceptional grip in the rain (it doesn't get to 30 degrees here, so I dunno 'bout that) and they don't seem to be lasting as long as the PS2's I had before them.

I'll probably get the Hankooks again over the PS2's that I've had in the past.