: Does Recaro option change rear seat too?

Hellride
03-27-11, 11:30 PM
Does the Recaro option change anything on rear seat too? Or is the rear the same with Recaro or not? Thanks

IBNR
03-27-11, 11:53 PM
No change in rear seats to my knowledge.

baabootoo
03-27-11, 11:58 PM
So we paid $1700? EACH for just the front seats then???????????

Caddy Wagon
03-28-11, 12:16 AM

Yes! Well worth it IMHO.

GAGS-V2
03-28-11, 12:55 AM
Does the Recaro option change anything on rear seat too? Or is the rear the same with Recaro or not? Thanks

Only when your lady gets back there with you:worship:

Torxila
03-28-11, 04:51 PM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/torxila/T3/one%20of%20one/P1010040-1.jpg rears

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/torxila/T3/1%20of%201%20Clean/P1010060.jpg fronts

Low Rider
03-28-11, 06:04 PM
Has anyone noticed that the pattern in the front and rear seats on the Recaros center perfrateded section are not the same?????? zmy rear seats has a strip down the center that does not have the perferations, the front seats don't.....is this a mistake on my car or are they all likek that?

RLJ676
03-28-11, 06:42 PM
The rear seat has a matching alcantara perf insert, which is different than the non-V cars. Otherwise the rear is made by Lear and the same as all CTS's.

Torxila
03-29-11, 11:21 AM
Has anyone noticed that the pattern in the front and rear seats on the Recaros center perfrateded section are not the same?????? zmy rear seats has a strip down the center that does not have the perferations, the front seats don't.....is this a mistake on my car or are they all likek that?

Low Rider,
Your rear seats are not correct if they have the leather center strip running down the center of them. That's the standard seat type. V's with recaro's have no center (leather) strip on either the front or rear seats.
George

wfo
03-29-11, 11:34 AM

They may not be for everyone, but a quality seat should be robust/firm w/good bolstering. Those with sciatic nerve conditons tend to get aggravation from lack of support and nonadjustability from their seats; why many long haul truckers and touring motorcyclists sometimes use seating beads to stimulate contact areas on long vigils. A high quality seat can prevent this need. Recaro's are made worldwide from 1st class seating on many private and commercial airliners extending into motorcars and beyond. For cars they can go skyward a few ticks more than you/we/I paid and that's not considering GM's massaging to the bottom line. Technology to configure in the many ways Reacro's are designed to do on the V, to heat and cool costs. Seating differentiation of sedan vs coupe in the rear is pull down armrest on the Sedan and buckets for the Coupe.

So yes, you paid a fair price for great seats..IMHO. Take a look at what a great custom builder like Caravaggio would charge.

Low Rider
03-29-11, 04:12 PM
Low Rider,
Your rear seats are not correct if they have the leather center strip running down the center of them. That's the standard seat type. V's with recaro's have no center (leather) strip on either the front or rear seats.
George

Thanks George...thats what I figured.....now to get the dealers head on straight...took it back a couple of days ago to the dealer and we looked at another Coupe he had in stock and it was just like mine WRONG........but you can bet I will get it corrected.....lookd like other coupe owners may want to check their out and make sure they are right......

Torxila
03-30-11, 07:33 PM
Low Rider,

Go give them "Shiate" my friend, take no prisoners!

Let us know how you make out.

Regards,
George

mrl859
03-30-11, 09:07 PM
Before we go too crazy, post #6 of this thread shows a stripe on the rear seat.

Low Rider
03-31-11, 07:59 PM
I have contacted Lear Corporation to find out if there are two rear seats or not.....every V Coupe I have seen has the same rear seat as mine including the one pictured on this site.......however I don't remember ever seeing a car that had a different pattern on the seats from back to front....particularrly one you paid as much as we did for the option....this might be an issue that has slipped through the engineering crack....will let you guys know when I hear back from Lear.....BTW George do you have a V with the leather strip in the rear seat?

RLJ676
03-31-11, 09:03 PM
If you have perf alcantara in the rear, you have the right seat trim. That trim is only available w/ the Recaro's (only cooled seat, therefore only perf) I believe.

The rear seats are all the same, so if it matches your fronts, it can't be wrong.

tedcmiller
03-31-11, 10:21 PM
The Recaros are the only CTS-V seat with fans. All CTS-V seats (Recaros and standard) have the perferations. Even my standard CTS-V with standard seats has them. Seats with only perferations are called "ventilated" seats since, unlike the Recaros, there are no fans to force air through the seats.

CTSV4now
04-01-11, 12:56 AM
Looked at a 2011 Sedan V today with Recaros. The rear seats did have the center stripe, and the fronts did not.

Kage99
08-26-11, 10:43 AM

Does anyone know where we ended up on this? I have attached photos of the front and rear seats from my 2011 CTS-V Coupe.

I came across this thread the other day and noticed that my rear seats have a thick stripe down the middle. Is this correct? One of the earlier posts said that the rear seats should not have a Leather stripe down the middle, and obviously mine does not.

Thoughts?

Kage99

M5eater
08-26-11, 02:54 PM

$1700 is pretty cheap for a good recaro. Even the freaking sport toplines are $1400 without heating, Ventelation, 14-way power adjustable, side airbags, Alacantra inserts and being an oem product..

Torxila
08-26-11, 08:04 PM
Kage99,

My seats are just like yours. My '11 coupe has a double stitched section (stripe) down the center of the rear seats but it's the same perforated Safron suede. Fronts are as yours as well.

George

M5eater
08-27-11, 10:35 AM

Does anyone know where we ended up on this? I have attached photos of the front and rear seats from my 2011 CTS-V Coupe.

I came across this thread the other day and noticed that my rear seats have a thick stripe down the middle. Is this correct? One of the earlier posts said that the rear seats should not have a Leather stripe down the middle, and obviously mine does not.

Thoughts?

Kage99

I'm confused, you first said, that these are the photos of your seats, which have the stripe, then you say, they obviously do not have the stripe.

The stripe is normal in the rear. Every CTS I've seen has it.