: Early spring run

mharker
03-27-11, 10:51 PM
End of March here in Toronto and it's cold and dry. Figured I'd hook up the trickle charger to the 68 and see if she starts. Just like every year she starts up ready to go, as though winter never even happened. Went for a nice 30 minute run - heater works good too!

What a rewarding car to own.

outsider
03-28-11, 09:02 AM
nice man! I get to take my 87 out of storage next weekend :D

Not sure when I'll get the 69 going, but soon I hope :)

intragration
03-28-11, 04:24 PM
Rewarding, I agree. Isn't it a great feeling after a winter of blah, to be able to take out the old Cadillac and go for a spin. I just did the same, I had to get some pictures after reinstalling the restored wheel well trim.

mharker
03-28-11, 05:39 PM
Where'd you get the wheel well trim? Mine are terrible.

intragration
03-28-11, 09:19 PM
It was in the trunk when I got the car. Strange, the guy I bought it from said the car didn't have any wheel trim when he bought it, but I can see it used to. At some point, he picked up a set at a swap meet. I took it out of the trunk and didn't even bother to look at it, figuring it was junk. I found an NOS set, but the guy wouldn't get back to me on pricing, so I finally looked at what came with the car, and while it wasn't perfect, it was really nice. I do stainless trim restoration, so I cleaned it up and it looks almost new. I had to get a set of the deflectors that go on the front of the skirts, those were TERRIBLE. They looked like they were off of a 200k mile desert car, completely blasted flat. I was able to take out a couple really big dents and restore them to pretty good. Just a few tiny gouges that aren't worth bothering with, considering the abuse those pieces see.

robb257731
03-29-11, 09:38 AM
Beautiful cars, the pair of you! I'm looking forward to the end of April when I bring the Bro-Ham out of storage. Can't wait to get him back on the road.

MHarker, I'm in Hamilton. Have you taken a look at old Cads on Kijiji lately? There's a gorgeous black 67 or 68 coupe (much like integration's, but with the vertical headlights) for sale in Milton for $5500.00. If only I had the cash!

mharker
03-30-11, 12:16 PM
Oh I see. I thought you meant the soft trim that is on the inside of the front wheel-wells. Mine aren't that great... but I doubt I'll so anything until my next resto many many years from now.

robb I'll check out Craigslist. Yeah it's amazing how cheap some of these old Caddies are. I just don't have the space. But lucky for us all we like old Caddies instead of Ferraris and Porsches. Much cheaper hobby!

intragration
03-30-11, 01:14 PM
A company called Rubber the Right Way makes those, they call them splash aprons. They have a set listed on E-bay for $50.