: Wait4me does it again!

cbloveday
03-27-11, 09:27 PM
Met Jesse this morning for the buttoning up of my new build. I will put 500 plus miles on her and return for the direct port nitrous supercharger and dyno tune. He showed me some 105 injectors he has at the shop. I believe we will be using them along with a 10 pulley. Car runs great even with a huge 680 cam we put in. He also was kind enough to put in a 2nd generation heat exchanger, which was noticably larger and freshly painted black. I actually liked the color as opposed to the silver one I previously had. I was happy to observe as he and his colleague finished topping off the antifreeze and put the front end back on.
During this time, we discussed the build and what parts he was good enough to donate!

Callies dragon slayer crank, xrayed for stress. extra material
removed to save weight Forged with 4.0
stroke

LSX racing bl... LSX racing engine block, sent out for xray
after final bore, magnufluxed, checked for
any flaws, extra material removed.

Callies 1500 i... compstar I beam rod forged 1500hp+ 4340
material with ARP upgraded bolts sent in for xray

Wiseco 4.155 bore -23 cc supercharged
pistons with gas relief ports, weight
reduction, valve clearanced for ls7 head,
sent off for piston coating for high heat/boost/ nitrous levels.

GFX rings High powered nitrous/high boost ring set for
4.155 bore pistons

Arp main studs for lsx block HD for 1500hp

New Melling high volume high pressure pump with
25% more volume than stock lsa

680 lift cam :bonkers: (will get full cam specs tomorrow, but it is huge)

durabond Racing Cam bearings for lsx block

ACL rod bearings, High output load acl bearings

ACL main bearings, Main bearings for standard bore
compcams magnum LS7 style 3/8" pushrods
larger diameter for higher spring pressures

Ferrea springs (:cool2:)

Fully CNC ported LS7-based cylinder heads! (All New GM LS7 Cylinder Head Castings or Performance Inductions 6 Bolt LS7 Heads).700" Lift Double Spring Kit, 2.250"/1.61" Titanium Intake\Stainless Exhaust.

Cometic 4.16 head gasket copper engine assem... blueprint, assemble Lsx racing engine to exact racing specs.

New flexplate... 6Bolt hd flex plate for 6l90e trans to mate to
dragonslayer 58x with 6 new bolts

ls7 to ls3 intake. Mates ls7 heads to lsa intake design ls7 head part kit contains lash caps for titanium valves, ls7 specific rocker arms, rocker arm
bolts, spring locators, and upgraded valve
seals.

Coming soon:
Nitrous direct port up to 400 shot.

Jess let me drive his V for the week, so I had a transportation. It was nice to drive a standard for a change. It gave me a whole new perspective on the car.
While this is the first time my V has been out of my site, Jess took great care of her. She was kept indoors the whole time. BTW, she had great company, a red viper and beautiful black Mosler MT900, like the one pictured, among others.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/mosler.jpg

The extra cubes and super light rotating assembly allow the car to idle a tad more aggressive than stock, even with the huge cam. I drove her gingerly home for 165 miles and she is smoother than my last build. I could feel the power on tap for sure. I will wait until the car is dynoed to project numbers. It should be good for a low nine second pass.

All in all, after stressing for a week, very very happy that I waited4him and recommend the build to anyone who wants a bullet proof engine. Now I'll have to figure out the tranny and traction. :hmm:

I'll post up when tweaked on dyno.

shade
03-27-11, 09:40 PM
Very nice.
Describe what you mean by it idles more aggressive? Does it still idle smooth or does it jump around from the cam?

cbloveday
03-27-11, 09:47 PM
Jumps around a little but not as much as the previous smaller cam, due to the new light weight (blueprinted :) ) internals.

I expected it to be more choppy.

shade
03-27-11, 09:59 PM
Sweet maybe a video or two once you get some time

PhxTriode
03-27-11, 10:00 PM
Congrats Curtis!

cbloveday
03-27-11, 10:17 PM
Thanks man. Very excited to get her ready for some 1/4 mile blasts.

jrcmlc
03-27-11, 10:26 PM
That's awesome, glad that all worked out for you and in the right amount of time.

My results have been considerably less fantastic. I've emailed 6 times and Pm'ed 5 times, along with calling over a dozen separate times over the last few weeks and I'm still unable to get a single call back, a price/ETA on what I want, or much less schedule the install within my desired timeframe.

:-(

Joe

cbloveday
03-27-11, 10:34 PM
Try calling the shop number around 9:00 central. I understand your frustration and encourage you to keep trying.
I have found that if you can reach him and schedule the work, you'll be happy at the end. He gets alot of PMs and they sometimes end up in the abyss.
You must speak to him directly.

If you would like to PM me your number, I will relay the contact information to him the next time we speak.

RapidRob
03-27-11, 10:50 PM
Congrats Curtis! Although I think you've kinda gone beyond what I had invisioned for my own rig eventually. Building the V up to near it's max capability without swapping out any of its major components. I think you probably hit that goal in your previous build, and it got you into the 10's. But now, your in a new ball game IMO ....

Rob

jrcmlc
03-27-11, 10:57 PM
I am CST and have called at 9, 915, 930, 945 and just about every other time of the day with nothing but 30 rings with no voice mail.

I appreciate your reply and I may send you a PM. Thanks!

Joe

DrumStix
03-27-11, 10:59 PM
Atta boy. Very nice to see it on the road. Enjoy.

translux
03-27-11, 11:48 PM
Wow that is THE build!
And for a daily driver no less!
I feel sorry for the hapless, we really anything driver ;)

andrewperez
03-28-11, 01:56 AM
Congrats Curtis, can't wait to see the results. I'm so jealous.

Can't wait to pull mine out of storage now for another W4M treatment!

cbloveday
03-28-11, 05:43 AM
AP, thanks man

I can't wait4theresults either.

I am hoping the supercharger is in and Jesse has time to dyno tune this weekend.

I have 2 bottles of NOS ready for tapping and tuning. It should be interesting!

hulksdaddy
03-28-11, 07:03 AM
And the addiction continues....:alchi:

Congrats Curtis. Hopefully it gets you where you want to be.:bouncy:

Bushidopupil
03-28-11, 07:12 AM
SOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!! Congrats bro!

cbloveday
03-28-11, 07:20 AM
I'll have the season to test and tune the car. Really looking forward to it. We'll see how everything holds up.

newcadman
03-28-11, 09:31 AM
Congratulations too, Curtis. A very impressive build indeed.

Time to batten down the hatches and hold on tight!!!!

When they video you at the track running this beast make sure they catch the perpetual smile that's going to be on your face!

cbloveday
03-28-11, 09:44 AM
Congratulations too, Curtis. A very impressive build indeed.

Time to batten down the hatches and hold on tight!!!!

When they video you at the track running this beast make sure they catch the perpetual smile that's going to be on your face!

You'll be the first one with an update, like last year when I broke 1.5 60 foot. LOL

Razorecko
03-28-11, 09:55 AM
Congrats Curtis an awesome setup ! can't wait for times !