: Caddy dies or loses power suddenly when trying to accelerate out of parking lots, etc

gsim
03-27-11, 08:27 PM
Am thinking must be either fuel pump or clogged filter. Lost my repair manual. Is pump electric? Is pump in tank? If so, is there an access hatch in floor of trunk?

Gerry

csbuckn
03-27-11, 08:39 PM
Electric pump has no hatch in the trunk but you could always make one when you drop the tank...especially if the strap bolts/mounts are rusted. But I dont think this is the problem...but its hard to diagnose such a broad problem like this one, fuel pressure test would probably help.

gsim
03-28-11, 10:40 AM
Thanks. I still have not located my book. It is only a Chilton book though anyway. I will try fuel filter as easiest to do since trouble comes and goes. I did run a can of fuel injector cleaner through the tank recently when my wife had her first episode with it. Process of elimination starting with easiest items. Would not pull tank unless did fuel pressure first. Would rather replace distributor than get into that job. From what she described tho, sounded like a fuel delivery issue.

Idle control motor not working since I bought it 10 yrs ago. Makes it idle too fast. Doubt that has a thing to do with it tho. Cannot imagine any connection.

Gerry