The new mustang gets better reviews, but still not great,
never thought I would consider a chrysler product, but I will maybe consider a
new challenger, it gets good reviews, especially with a new 3.6 engine and
improved interior,
maybe a chrysler 300, also with new improved engine, better visibility and
improved interior materials.

orconn
03-27-11, 06:09 PM
How much money are you looking to spend? With an amount in mind suggestions might be more to the point.

creeker
03-27-11, 06:47 PM
How much money are you looking to spend? With an amount in mind suggestions might be more to the point.

$30,000 to $35,000, their all about in the same price range, the 300 is slightly more.

Playdrv4me
03-27-11, 07:44 PM
Well, the 300 is the only one that remotely makes sense with a 6 banger since it can be had with all the V8 goodies and it's a touring/luxury car to begin with. In my mind, V6 pony cars make about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine. 300hp or not, and especially if you have to deal with the subpar interior in the Camaro. That V8 rumble is your reward.

I might make an exception for drop tops tho...

creeker
03-27-11, 07:56 PM
Yes, at least one review on the camaro said the drop top was a better choice for better visibility.

orconn
03-27-11, 08:54 PM
For that kind of money I'd go up market and by used. This would greatly increase your selection and in my opinion result in a much more satisfying automotive purchase.

creeker
03-27-11, 09:15 PM
Yes, I considered used, but chrysler especially has made considerable improvements on their interiors
and engine quality, I am probably leaning toward the 300 for 2011, as it has improved visibilty and cramped feeling over the 2010.

JimmyH
03-27-11, 09:32 PM
lack of head room, = wrong. there is plenty of front seat room in all dimensions. (back seat space sucks, but you said a toy)

impossible visibility = wrong again. passenger side 3/4 vision is dicey, but you get used to it quickly, and learn to monitor the rear view mirror more

poor driving position = omfg wrong. this is the most driver centric car I have owned. and the only one that I have not had to shift in my seat at all on my hour commute.

dull interior materials. = who cares. i used to like a sharp interior too. at some point I thought "what difference does it make?" a car is to be driven. if you are staring at the interior panels, you are doing it wrong. at any rate, the camaro interior is simple, well laid out, and well thought out. the only negative is the lack of a real armrest. controls and switchgear are perfect. hvac is the best I have seen.

if you can't tell, I am on my second camaro, and I can tell you, both the LS and SS are among the most well executed cars I have seen recently. you are not going to find another car that can handle better for anywhere less than double the price. the steering is razor precise. if you get the Pzeros, it is instantaneousness as well. you can feel the tires getting squirly an eternity before they lose traction. and even with the 20" wheels, the ride is decent. with the 18" wheels, it is also smooth and almost refined.

I give it only two marks, the armrest, and the crappy "premium" stereo.

V-Eight
03-27-11, 10:05 PM
I especially with a new 3.6 engine and
improved interior,

If you're buying a car in that class with a V6, you're doing it wrong.

Playdrv4me
03-27-11, 10:05 PM
Yes, I considered used, but chrysler especially has made considerable improvements on their interiors
and engine quality, I am probably leaning toward the 300 for 2011, as it has improved visibilty and cramped feeling over the 2010.

I would say that's ultimately the best choice with the V6. That interior went from just being below average to truly gorgeous. It looks as if they cut down a whole damn tree to make up the wood panels in the center console, and they no longer look like a horrible wood approximation either. The U-Connect entertainment system is a definite must though. It is probably one of the best executed combination systems I've seen in a long time. I don't know if the 300 still has the Boston stereo, but it sounds very good too.

creeker
03-27-11, 10:10 PM
jimmyH, thanks for view point, I was only quoting some reviews I read, I haven't test driven a camaro
yet, in 1994 I bought a brand new camaro, it was a fun car, your comments are exactly what I was looking for, I think the camaro is a beautiful looking car, i guess I will test one out, Thanks.

Destroyer
03-27-11, 11:17 PM
I was a "Ford" guy as a kid. I later became more of a "GM" guy. In all honesty I don't care anymore. I like cars, period! If I were to choose between a Camaro, Mustang or Challenger I'd go Challenger SRT8 all the way! Now that I don't have an automotive bias I can really like the best car (to me anyway). I still have an affinity with Mercedes and Porsche's ........................:shhh:

Stingroo
03-27-11, 11:25 PM
dull interior materials. = who cares. i used to like a sharp interior too. at some point I thought "what difference does it make?" a car is to be driven. if you are staring at the interior panels, you are doing it wrong.

THANK YOU. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks this way. I mean goodness.

Now if only I can get you to see that the CTS-hatchback is in fact a hatchback....

(Speaking of - during the event this Saturday, one of them drove past us and I pointed it out, and one of the guys there said "You mean the hatchback?" I giggled...)

(Carry on, thread).

creeker
03-27-11, 11:26 PM
jimmyH, I agree with you on interiors, I dont like flashy gizmo interiors or exterior stripes add ons etc.
but I like the quality to be all it can be for the price range,
also is there much difference between the 2010 and 2011 camaro ?< I might be tempted to go for a 2010.

Playdrv4me
03-27-11, 11:40 PM
THANK YOU. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks this way. I mean goodness.

Now if only I can get you to see that the CTS-hatchback is in fact a hatchback....

(Speaking of - during the event this Saturday, one of them drove past us and I pointed it out, and one of the guys there said "You mean the hatchback?" I giggled...)

(Carry on, thread).

It does look awfully hathback-y doesn't it.

Playdrv4me
03-27-11, 11:42 PM
but I like the quality to be all it can be for the price range.

Basically how I feel as well.

As for the 2010 vs. 2011, if it means you can get a V8 instead of a V6, who cares about the rest.

One thing I will say, is that you ALREADY HAVE a luxury sedan... so if you want something that is DIFFERENT enough to be worth it from what you've already got, the 300 doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense (unless you are eliminating your STS) if your goal is a "toy". Still wouldn't want a V6 in anything other than a convertible though.

Stingroo
03-27-11, 11:42 PM
It IS a god damned hatchback. It has two rows of seats, it's too small, and the last row doesn't even face the right way to be a wagon. Dislike.

(Don't get me started - lol)

JimmyH
03-28-11, 03:27 PM
I used to be a stickler for interiors. I understand why some people hate the new Camaro. It is indeed low rent. But at some point, it just stopped mattering to me. Probably when I got my 05 CTS-V. Everyone knows the first gen CTS interior. I happen to think it is well laid out, just cheap looking. Especially in all black. But when I started learning that car's limits, the interior seemed to completely vanish.

creeker, you owe it yourself to test drive the camaro. LT or SS, it doesn't matter; they both have world class handling. The LT, without the RS wheels, has a very nice ride also. If you really like V8s, and want the rush, get the SS. If acceleration doesn't matter, get the LS or LT. It handles every bit as well.

the only difference between 10 and 11, is the HUD on 2011 2LT and 2SS. Which if you are comfortable cutting a hole in your dashboard, can be retrofitted to any 10 or 11, any trim.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-28-11, 04:41 PM
do camaros still require mullets?

jk ive always liked camaros, id go camaro, or, if you came across enough dough, a corvette, maybe not the latest, but a C6