: Weak A/C Air Vent Volume on Max Fan Speed

Cooper10
03-27-11, 07:14 AM
I cant direct ice cold air on my face for rapid cool downs on very hot days when car is parked outside in a sunny parking lot during the day. The air vent volume on max fan speed only reaches the steering wheel. My Land Rover and BMW on max A/C fan would blow the hair off your head. Any 2010-11 SRX owner with the same concerns living in the sun belt states?

Ponyman
03-27-11, 07:43 AM
Then you have a problem somewhere. Our 10 wil blow your hair back on max

stevec5375
03-27-11, 08:26 AM
I find the SRX fan does not blow as hard as other vehicles I've owned; nor does it cool down as quickly on hot days.

sube5186
03-27-11, 09:29 AM
The air vent volume on max fan speed only reaches the steering wheel.

Is the force of the air from that vent the same as the one on the passenger side? If not, you may have an obstruction in the duct system or a hose partially disconnected. If it is, check the Auto Fan Speed setting for the A/C. It's in the Config Menu under: Vehicle/Climate and Air Quality/Auto Fan Speed. Set it to "High".

Sube

stevec5375
03-27-11, 01:52 PM
Here is only documentation from the manual about Auto Fan Speed:

Auto Fan Speed
This will allow you to select the
automatic fan speed.
Press the MENU / SELECT knob
when Auto Fan Speed is highlighted
to open the menu. Turn the knob to
highlight High, Medium, or Low.
Press the knob to confirm the
selection and move back to the
last menu.

I did a search of the PDF manual for "automatic fan speed" and it only shows up in the previous paragraph and so there is no definition of what it actually is referring to.

Sube, what exactly are they referring to as the "automatic fan speed" ?

Smokin' SRX
03-27-11, 03:03 PM
What about the recent TSB detailing the A/C, defrost system module may need reprogramming to properly direct air to defrosters/vents? Could be that simple. Here is Willo's post..
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/224109-defroster-recall-affecting-2011-models.html

SS

Smokin' SRX
03-27-11, 03:07 PM
Steve, the "Auto fan speed" allows you to set the maximum fan speed to a moderate level, vs. full speed, when in AUTO mode, and the A/C system is attempting to regulate the temp as quickly as possible to your desired temp. Some folks object to the fan blowing full force and desire a moderate speed instead, even if that means temp won't regulate as quickly.

I set mine to medium.

SS

PJ1520
03-27-11, 03:19 PM
SS........my wife is the impatient type, whether it is hot or it is cold outside. Even "maximum fan" is never fast enough. PJ warming the car up or cooling it down before she steps into the vehicle is her optimal "selection."

PJ

Smokin' SRX
03-27-11, 03:23 PM
SS........my wife is the impatient type, whether it is hot or it is cold outside. Even "maximum fan" is never fast enough. PJ warming the car up or cooling it down before she steps into the vehicle is her optimal "selection."

PJ

LOL......I have a ''Queen also"! But she's worth it. And we'd best not be forgettin' it LOL!

SS

sube5186
03-27-11, 03:50 PM
[B]The "Auto fan speed" allows you to set the maximum fan speed to a moderate level, vs. full speed, when in AUTO mode, and the A/C system is attempting to regulate the temp as quickly as possible to your desired temp.

Precisely!

Steve, in your case I would suggest you at least check to see what yours is set to. If it's on medium (I believe that's the default setting), then you may want to change it to "High" to see if that improves your situation.

Sube

stevec5375
03-27-11, 04:02 PM
I just changed mine from medium to high. We'll see if the next hot day gets the car cooled off any faster with this new setting.

Marc NY
03-27-11, 04:53 PM
Precisely!

Steve, in your case I would suggest you at least check to see what yours is set to. If it's on medium (I believe that's the default setting), then you may want to change it to "High" to see if that improves your situation.

SubeI believe Sube is correct... I had to leave my fan on either Auto or was it on High??? Don't recall which one it was but it seemed to do the trick to get a faster windshield defrost during the winter months.

Smokin' SRX
03-28-11, 10:38 AM
Cooper10, If problem persists after above advice implemented, I just found JBSHARPE's post detailing the TSB re; A/C, Heat......... I know it says 2011, but maybe some late 2010's fell victim?

Pls let us know.

SS