: GPS Display

hazcaddy
03-26-11, 08:14 PM
So today being a mild 23F and beautiful blue sky was a great day to take a 60-mile trip to the US border, cross over, and do some shopping. The total 175-mile trip was as I remembered Deville-based Cadillac luxury: smooth, quiet, comfortable.

Unfortunately a fatal on one of the Interstates on the US side sent me off into one of the 'burbs, relying heavily on the GPS. And then it really struck me, which it had done partly on the way there, how a 3D display is so much more useful than the 2D map that I am getting on my Navigation display screen. As I'm used to 3D (which my previous STS had, as well as my wife's Garmin) I tried to figure out how to convert the display. No luck.

Other than RTFM (which I did) can anyone tell me whether the display can be changed from 2D to 3D?

RippyPartsDept
03-26-11, 08:29 PM
i'm pretty sure that the answer is 'no' but maybe i'll be wrong

edit: sometimes i like being wrong

Superjim
03-26-11, 09:49 PM
On the left side of the screen...just above the letters "GPS" is a compass needle.
If you touch the compass needle...it will change to a different display mode...
There are three different displays modes it will do.

Jim

hazcaddy
03-27-11, 11:55 AM
Awesome, thanks Jim! The manual only describes "North up" and "Direction You're Heading up", but that secret third setting got me my 3D.

Superjim
03-27-11, 12:08 PM
Awesome, thanks Jim! The manual only describes "North up" and "Direction You're Heading up", but that secret third setting got me my 3D.

Glad to be of help...
I found the 3rd setting by accident one day...just messing with it to see what all it could do. :)

Jim

Rusty058
03-27-11, 01:45 PM
On the left side of the screen...just above the letters "GPS" is a compass needle.
If you touch the compass needle...it will change to a different display mode...
There are three different displays modes it will do.

Jim

So THAT'S what that thing is,thanks Jim,I was going to ask about that last week