: Nav replacement parts needed HELP PLEASE

Cowan480
03-26-11, 12:59 PM
So my best friend's mom crammed a CD in the Nav and messed it up. I took it apart to find I am in need of a "meta CD changer." I am not sure if that is the official name for the cd changer inside the NAV but thats what I was told by a local audio shop in town. Does anyone know where I can buy this replacement part?

Thanks,
Cowan

heavymetals
03-26-11, 01:37 PM
You can't buy parts for it.

I bought a broken unit for R&D.

I might be able to help you with the changer though.

talonstylz
03-27-11, 01:26 PM
The changer in my nav unit is on its way out. Gets jammed every time i put in or take out a disc. Id also be willing to buy just the changer part.

CancerJCC
03-27-11, 01:34 PM
You can actually buy parts for these but they a bit steep on what I saw. (I sold the unit to Heavy because they wanted $600 for a new screen). I'm unsure of what they would charge for other parts though.

When I say "they" I am talking about OEM suppliers for GM. Here is an email reply from SPECMO when I inquired about the screen replacement:

Hi Jon,
The replacement cost of this particular display is roughly $620 and the lens, if needed, will cost a further $50.
The irony here is that we only charge $660 for a full remanufacturing of the radio which essentially gives you a 12 month warranty on any defect. You would also get the latest software installed.
So by the time you add shipping costs it wouldn't cost too much more.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Steve
Audio Remanufacturing Manager
248-583-2406