: For 93-96 Fleetwood owners

Adam
10-05-04, 10:23 PM
anyone ever think how rare our cars are? i got the numbers from Sandy (thanks man) and i did a little math. total made for all four years is 95,542. divide that by all the years gives you 23885.5 per year. now divide that by how many US states gives you 477 per state per year (1,908 in total per state). now factor out the ones internationally and the ones that are wrecked in a junk yard somewhere and ones that some old man has stored away in his barn somewhere and we have one very rare hunk of metal here. something, aint it? wonder they arent worth more.

Caddy Man
10-05-04, 11:03 PM
yea i rarely ever see them around

Adam
10-05-04, 11:23 PM
down here i have seen maybe 10-11. thats it. i have 3 friends that one Fleetwoods (2 94's and one 96). and there are four more in Bristol and 3 or 4 in Kingsport. oh and mine.

Caddy Man
10-05-04, 11:54 PM
down here i have seen maybe 10-11. thats it. i have 3 friends that one Fleetwoods (2 94's and one 96). and there are four more in Bristol and 3 or 4 in Kingsport. oh and mine.
im one of those peopel that pay attention to every car when im driving...and like for every 3-4 days, i see maybe 1 Fleetwood.

96Brougham
10-06-04, 03:55 AM
Yup pretty rare cars and your mathematics don't even include how many cars of each year were made like we all know that the 96' FWB was the last year made and I believe only around 12,000 or so were made. So makes it harder to find a 96' FWB than a 93' FWB.

ShadowLvr400
10-06-04, 10:58 AM
Not so rare as you think in certain areas... Give ya a hint, in FL, they're pretty common.

Wheels
10-06-04, 12:52 PM
I also wonder how many Fleetwoods have been turned into limo's and hearse's. I would guess about 25% judging from the numbers I've seen on the road. So if there was 12,000 made in 96 minus 25% equals 9,000. How many Fleetwood Broughams vs. Fleetwoods again I would guess 50% so that brings it down to 4,500. How many colors was avaible I think I've seen 7 colors so that makes the total 643. Aluminum wheels vs chrome 50% = 321. Moon roof 50% = 160. Four different interior colors = 40. Trunk mounted CD changer 50% = 20. Towing package 25% = 15. I wish the true % of the options was known, but as you break it down and this don't allow for wrecks you can easily see that you might be driving a true one of a kind car. If any has better numbers than my guesstimate let me know. How many colors interior and exterior was availible anyway.

Wheels
10-06-04, 03:11 PM
A interresting note about my 99 S10 Xtreme, although alot of people think big deal it's just a s10 with ground effects, mine is actually quit rare. In 99 the production of Xtreme's didn't start until Dec of 98 and switched to 2000 model in June of 99 so with a short first year production run only 9,133 Xtreme's were made. I don't have the actual breakdown numbers so this is only a estimate. 3 colors black white or red, red = 3044. 3 cabs regular extended or extended w/3rd door, 3rd door = 1015. 2 beds fletside or stepside, stepside = 508. 3 engines 4 cyl low output v6 or high output v6 = 169. 2 trannys 5 speed or auto, auto = 85. 3 interior colors mine is graphite = 28. seats bench or bucket = 14. cassette or cd = 7. gears 3.08 or 3.42 = 4. open diff or govlock = 2. sliding back window or solid = 1. this don't include LS package or console mounted cassette player or power window/door locks. So that means I drive 2 one of a kind autos. Knowing this I always save all of the original parts and if I have to cut up or modify something I usually buy a replacement part to mod and put the stock part in the attic with the rest of the parts. If someday I would want to put them back to stock I could but I don't think that will happen maybe when they are 50 years old. But why would I do that then if I had them for 50 I wouldn't sale them anyway. If I like something well enough to buy it I can't seem to part with it as I still have every car I've owned to drive. 67 C-10 swb (grandpaw bought new) I got it in 90 drive it to highschool currently 89,000 miles, 80 El Camino SS got it in 93 135,000 miles, 86 Monte Carlo SS got it in 96 125,000 miles, 99 S-10 Xtreme in may of 99 106,000 miles, 96 Fleetwood Brougham April of 04 108,000 miles. Kind of funny that the oldest one has the lowest miles. Sorry for the long post (nothing to do at work).

brougham
10-06-04, 04:30 PM
You can't figure out how many were made like that. Some options are more popular then others and usually most things come in groups so that you can't choose exactly what you want. Same with colours. Some of them noone wanted and other ones a lot of people like.

You see a lot more 1993-1996 Fleetwoods around here then 1990-1992 Broughams but you don't see too many Fleetwoods.

Adam
10-06-04, 06:19 PM
in 1996 there were actually a little over 15k made. i just took the number made and divided and all that.

theGman
10-06-04, 09:58 PM
I hardly ever see a 93'96 FW here in Virginia. Went to Ford Truck Supernationals in May...saw one in Knoxville. Went to Carlisle last week...none. Since I bought my 95, in Jan or Feb, I have seen probably a total of 8. Almost as rare as the Avanti I used to own...I have seen 3 of those in the same time as the 8 FWs.
See a ton of Roadmasters though.

Adam
10-06-04, 10:04 PM
where do you live in Virginia? i live up close to the state line, i work in Bristol (TN). yeah, you see a lot of Buicks and Caprices but hardly any Fleetwoods. they are like royalty around here. everyone stairs. i see tons of 80-92 models but hardly any of mine. i suppose thats why it took me two years to find mine. glad i got it.

Adam
10-06-04, 10:06 PM
Not so rare as you think in certain areas... Give ya a hint, in FL, they're pretty common.

well no s#!t, its Florida, tons of old people. :bouncy: how many do you see a day? excluding mine i may see 1... maybe. and i hardly see my friends Fleetwoods so i never really see any.

FASSTWOOD
10-06-04, 11:54 PM
I see them here and there then again I'm in NYC... Theres no shortage of them here especially beat up livery ones with tons of miles (Hey, sort of like mine!)

Adam
10-06-04, 11:58 PM
well no s#!t NYC, those are probably old Mob cars. found any bondo on that thing?

juiceE
10-07-04, 02:04 PM
SPEAKIN OF MOB CARS,
I THINK MY PASSENGER SEAT BELT HAS BLOOD ON IT + THE SAME LITTLE REDISH BROWN STAINS ON THE SIDE B4 WINDSHIELD AN ABOVE DOOR, PLUS LIL GLUE DRIPS AND LOOKS LIKE AIR BAG DEPLOYS B4? ANY THOUGHTS?, I CARFAXd IT AN ABSOLUTLY NOTHING CAME UP, PLUS IN CERTAIN AREAS LOOKS LIKE CARS BEEN REPAINTED OR SIMPLE PAINTED OVER

slk230mb
10-07-04, 02:15 PM
I see them here and there then again I'm in NYC... Theres no shortage of them here especially beat up livery ones with tons of miles (Hey, sort of like mine!)

Where in Queens. I am in Bayside, and I think I have seen you FWB around.

scurling
10-08-04, 06:14 PM
I never really thought of my '94 as being rare...yet. You can still by them in good shape for basically a song and dance.

I'm up in the northern area of Va. Before I owned my '94 I saw none in the area. But as soon as I had mine, I saw an exact model and color in a nearby subdivision. I notice them more and more, actually about four in my extended neighborhood.

....and yes, I know '93 LowLow ...."it's Virginia"... :-()

The impact that retirees have on the area really adds to the big, older Cadillacs. The number of area dealerships also adds to the count.

Adam
10-08-04, 06:20 PM
ahh, if its anything like good ole Tennessee, you dont see to many. last year when i went back to Detroit to visit family i saw like 20 of em. i thought i died and went to heaven.

The13thMile
10-08-04, 08:42 PM
All that math is confusing! ...But theres probably no more than 10 around here, and I'll bet that 8 of em are old folks' grocery getters/sunday morning church-mobiles. Wether or not I truly am, I'll consider myself fortunate to have one. ...by the way anyone know what percentage of fleetwoods are broughams?

Adam
10-08-04, 09:45 PM
i got my numbers from Sandy so he might know, ask him i guess.

ddaunis
10-09-04, 01:42 AM
I have noticed a lot of Fleetwood Broughams around here. I am in Central Texas. You get to anywhere via the highway and until recently the gas has been cheep. This is my first post and I am learning my way around. Does anybody know how to get hold of instructions on taking the factory radio out of the dashboard of a 94 Brougham. I have not found anything on the internet yet and I need to remove it so I can have it worked on.

lacmang
10-11-04, 02:52 PM
They aren't that rare in Texas either. They aren't cookie cutters but I see atleast a couple a week.

SupaFly
10-13-04, 11:07 PM
I know each and every Fleetwood in my area. All of them have personalized plates also.

Adam
10-13-04, 11:42 PM
how many are in your area? there arent too many around here. personalized license plates, what do they say?

SupaFly
10-13-04, 11:50 PM
VINCE something or other. Another says ISTANBUL. That car is really awesome. Another is this triple white Brougham. His is STUS something, I am not sure. I am too busy looking at the car itself because that car is fu*king awesome!!! Oh, and another that looks exactly like mine. They recently stole that guys hubcaps.

Adam
10-14-04, 10:13 PM
stole his hubcaps? what the hell, who steals f*ckin hubcaps? i would have laughed my ass of if i had a car with hubcaps that got stolen.

SupaFly
10-15-04, 12:44 AM
People do steal them. Probably some f*cking scum. They stole the bumper right off my father's Brougham one night. My whole car was almost stolen about 20 feet away from my window. My brother was held up at gunpoint a few days ago. I don't think I live in bad neighborhood, but they do steal hubcaps. My neighbor has his screwed in. Not saying this would stop anyone but you can't just pry them off then.

Adam
10-15-04, 07:12 PM
i know what you mean, i used to live in a bad neighborhood before i moved down here. people would steal anything. brother got stuck up huh, been through that, i thought that guy was gonna blast me cause i was a complete dick to him. oh well, aint afraid to die. you know how everyone says, "just cooperate with them." i was like f*ck you i dont have shit anyway, rich neighborhood is down the road go bug them you *****. i gave him my wallet and he looked inside and got pissed. i said i know the feeling.

theGman
10-15-04, 10:10 PM
Sorry for late reply; I live in Waynesboro (not far from Charlottesville), about 220 miles up I81 from Bristol. Since I like to go to car shows, I kind of wish I lived in Bristol. A lot close to Pigeon Forge/Knoxville and Charlotte than I am.

Used to live in Northern Va; couldn't deal with the congestion, so I moved to the Shenandoah Valley. Now about 120 miles from Herndon, for what it's worth. Used to work for a while in Herndon.

FW update: since I posted last week, wouldn't you know it..... I saw 2 FWoods on the same road, 1 day apart! One had a low wing on the trunk but otherwise normal, had a license plate saying Nuke Em. Hard to not remember that one. The other was a nice normal looking burgundy one.

HotRodSaint
10-15-04, 10:32 PM
I just drove to southern Orange county and back. I can report there were no Fleetwoods out today!

I can go weeks without seeing them in SoCal, then 3 in one day.

Adam
10-15-04, 11:29 PM
weeks, in SoCal? no lowriders or anything??????!!!!!!!!! damn. they are rare like i said.

Gman- Bristol is not that great, the only thing out here is the cruising seen (which is not as big as it used to be). when nopi is here it gets real big but nopi aint coming back thank God. damn honda boys runnin all over the place. i got in like 5 fights one night.

ssstealth
10-16-04, 01:19 AM
OK, now if you start getting the lowrider community involved, it WILL get confusing. It is a well known fact that there are more 1964 Chevy Impalas on the road now in southern CA than GM ever produced. :D :histeric:

HotRodSaint
10-16-04, 12:21 PM
I think low riders jumped on Fleetwoods before us deviants with high horse power dreams ever did.

But most low riders aren't daily drivers. Only the 'block dropped rear axle' guys seem to drive their cars daily. So there are probably many fatigued framed Fleetwoods sitting in East Los Angeles garages.

I did see some wannadee little cholos in a slightly abused black FW last week. But I quickly left the area, as I didn't want to be their donor car! :D

My brothers Jeep ended up in Inglewood one night, minus the hard doors and top. I don't feel like going to Inglewood to recover my car. :nono:

HotRodSaint
10-16-04, 12:27 PM
You also have to understand that Cadillac was not doing well in California between '93-'96. So only old die hard previous Cadillac owners bought Cadillacs and most of them seem to have bought the Deville or Seville.

The rest of monied LA (and CA) was into the Lexus cookie cutter movement.

I will take a drive to Pal Springs when it gets cold here, and see if there are more Fleetwoods where the old people retire.

lacmang
10-16-04, 12:44 PM
OK, now if you start getting the lowrider community involved, it WILL get confusing. It is a well known fact that there are more 1964 Chevy Impalas on the road now in southern CA than GM ever produced. :D :histeric:

yeah, they must be turning Belairs/biscaynes into Impalas with after market emblems. I really want one but I'm afraid of getting a fake one.

HotRodSaint
10-17-04, 02:44 AM
I again drove to Southern Orange county to see a Hot Rod show.

I saw one Caprice that wanted to race and three Impala SSs, but not one Fleetwood!

caddyfleetwoodca
10-17-04, 05:30 AM
I have noticed a lot of Fleetwood Broughams around here. I am in Central Texas. You get to anywhere via the highway and until recently the gas has been cheep. This is my first post and I am learning my way around. Does anybody know how to get hold of instructions on taking the factory radio out of the dashboard of a 94 Brougham. I have not found anything on the internet yet and I need to remove it so I can have it worked on.
To remove the factory radio you hav to remove the wood trim above the radio, it's just held in with pressure clips. Then you remove the screws that hold the trim piece in that is around the radio. And then you remove the bolts/screws that hold the radio in. Then you unplug the wires from the back of the radio and you are done. Its pretty simple after you do it once

Adam
10-19-04, 09:51 PM
you have to remove the top wood trim peice? how hard or easy is it? is there a special way to do it? explain, im lost. :o

jsantang
11-12-04, 10:40 PM
Come here to Long Island, New York. They are a dime a dozen, all over the place, can't spit without hitting one.

HotRodSaint
11-13-04, 09:39 AM
I went to Beverly Hills and parked my beast on at a meter in front of Gucci's on Rodeo Dr. They probably thought I was a Beverly Hillbilly with my TN plate! :thumbsup:

I saw an F50 parked on the street at a meter. Now I know that I'm not in Tenessee anymore.

Black is the most popular color in BH for luxury cars. Mercedes, Jaguar and Land Rover rule with high end Porsches and Ferraris as common as BMWs. I saw a new Bentley this time too, last time I took clients there was in February, when I saw a big black Maybach.

I have got to clean my car real good and go back real soon and take pictures of it in front of a store. :lildevil: