: major front suspension creaking

nradcad
03-25-11, 10:20 PM
I've had the standard annoying 'squeaking' with D3's springs and D3 finally (after 3 months of continuous calling) sent me the wrap to alleviate that. I'm installing that very soon, but now I've got very loud 'creaking' from the front suspension. I can't tell if it's a result of these springs or something else. I've even had some 'popping' sounds on very uneven surfaces (i.e. pulling into my driveway). So, my question is does anyone WITHOUT D3's lowering springs have loud creaking sounds from the front?

Thanks guys, (my motto - eradicating the noises from my car, 1 at a time)

beers
03-26-11, 12:12 AM
Newer car - just under 1000 miles, but no pops, creaks, or anything. Car feels as solid as a bank vault.

Maybe the aftermarket pieces put some added wear on another part of the suspension? D3 does appear to make quality components, so install the wrap and see if it eliminates the issue...

nradcad
03-26-11, 01:10 AM
Newer car - just under 1000 miles, but no pops, creaks, or anything. Car feels as solid as a bank vault.

Maybe the aftermarket pieces put some added wear on another part of the suspension? D3 does appear to make quality components, so install the wrap and see if it eliminates the issue...

I guarantee it won't be 'solid as a bank vault' for long. It will soon creak as some have pointed out 'like a pirate ship'. Just wait.

beers
03-26-11, 11:26 AM
I guarantee it won't be 'solid as a bank vault' for long. It will soon creak as some have pointed out 'like a pirate ship'. Just wait.

Hopefully not! Hey - I had my '04 for over 6 years and no rattles/creaks - it sounded the same the day I sold it as when I first bought it. Even the guy who bought it commented on how solid it felt. I'll keep my fingers crossed with the V2. :thumbsup:

nradcad
03-26-11, 12:42 PM
Ya, here's to hopin.

sybersport
03-27-11, 02:31 AM
My right rear suspension is squeaking under load. I can even make it squeak when i lightly push down on the right rear fender

kinkade
03-27-11, 02:51 AM
Is your car lowered or is it stock?