: Light me up ?,

creeker
03-25-11, 05:48 PM
Now for something different, I have about 12 of those outdoor garden solar lights,
they take AA batteries, some went out so I replaced batteries with good quality ones, but they still wont work, can the mini bulbs be replaced?, anyone have any experience with these?, (It's a rainy afternoon so I am fiddling around with this).

Rolex
03-25-11, 08:05 PM
I had a set of the solar lights at one point. The brand I bought I was able to replace the crappy batteries with Energizer rechargeable batteries, and the bulbs could also be replaced. It's hard to know without having a look at your lights, but I would wager almost all outdoor lights will have replacement bulbs available at one of the big chain home stores.

FWIW I ditched the solar lights a couple years ago in favor of hard wired with a light sensor. They're a magnitude better with respect to light output and wiring them up was an easy do it yourself project.

creeker
03-25-11, 08:44 PM
Thanks, I hard wired lighting at my last house, with a mechanical timer for off and on, my new place is not convenient to hard wire for the area I want to illuminate.

Ranger
03-25-11, 10:32 PM
I've never had much luck with those lights. Have a few still lying around that need to get pitched soon.