: Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Lord Cadillac
03-25-11, 01:47 PM
I just wanted to mention that if I were looking for a luxury car that got really good gas mileage (and I wasn't too concerned about power), I'd be looking for a 2011 Lincoln MKZ. I took a good close look at the Lexus CT200h and I wasn't very impressed. I do believe (I didn't drive the car) it handles very well and is probably far more sporty than the MKZ - but that's not what interests me most about a luxury car. I find it difficult to call the CT200h a "luxury" car. However, I feel the MKZ still falls into the luxury car category..

I hope the next CTS has a hybrid option of some sort available to match the kind of gas mileage you get with the MKZ. City driving (up to 47 miles per hour) gets you 700 miles on a single tank of gas at 41 miles per gallon. You get 36 on the highway. That's 39 miles per gallon combined for an average...

OffThaHorseCEO
03-25-11, 05:00 PM
are you really that indecisive or flippy floppy? or do you just post all these posts about cars that compete with cadillacs to get the board talking?

Jesda
03-25-11, 06:47 PM
I like the MKZ's latest interior. When did it change? I hated how the old round vents looked like they came out of an F150.

ben.gators
03-25-11, 07:34 PM
I checked the Lincoln website and the interesting thing is these cars are priced really low in comparison to other competitors! A Lincoln hybrid is 35k$!

That is a very attractive price for a hybrid car.... Remember Toyota Prius 5 is about 28k$... So you are getting a luxury car with all of goodies just for 7k$ more!

Lord Cadillac
03-26-11, 12:15 PM
I like the MKZ's latest interior. When did it change? I hated how the old round vents looked like they came out of an F150.

I think it changed a year or so ago. I forget - but when it got rid of that hideous looking square grille - that's when the interior changed. It may have even changed with the name change from Zephyr. I should get more familiar with Lincoln vehicles....

I checked the Lincoln website and the interesting thing is these cars are priced really low in comparison to other competitors! A Lincoln hybrid is 35k$!

That is a very attractive price for a hybrid car.... Remember Toyota Prius 5 is about 28k$... So you are getting a luxury car with all of goodies just for 7k$ more!

It really does impress me compared to the competition - specially Toyota/Lexus. The MKZ does seem to be the best choice for a hybrid luxury car. It seems rare that a domestic car is on top of any hybrid list.

are you really that indecisive or flippy floppy? or do you just post all these posts about cars that compete with cadillacs to get the board talking?

I'm not in the market for a hybrid vehicle. I'm just speaking my mind.

Jesda
03-26-11, 10:51 PM
I bet depreciation will make these sink like a rock.

Or maybe I just hope that happens so I can enjoy 40mpg city without looking like an econazi.