: my first attempt ....

gillianwhittaker@xtr
03-25-11, 06:03 AM
It has taken me an age ,bit by bit to pull rust ,replace panels,etc etc and today I started to see results --base /clear --still have the doors,hood n trunk to do.
Pretty happy with this as I have never done either paint or bodywork before. Which is why I am doing it ---to learn.
In fact beyond oil, oil filter, plugs n disc brakes I am not sure I have done anything to a car( beside driving one)
So, with the 425 toro motor going in soon(ish )it is is one BIG learning curve.

I have done 3 base and 3 clear coats.--unbuffed at this point.Colour -Redfire metallic (ford eur.) I saw a 2007 ? mustang in this hue and the rest is history.
mike

Stingroo
03-25-11, 08:54 AM
Threads like this give me hope that I might be able to do the body work on my wagon in the summer.

You're making me want to just put the money aside and learn to do it. I'm jealous.

gillianwhittaker@xtr
03-25-11, 04:46 PM
Threads like this give me hope that I might be able to do the body work on my wagon in the summer.

You're making me want to just put the money aside and learn to do it. I'm jealous.

Sting, I am envious of you guys .Living in the states , all the cheap parts,all the pooled activities.
My bro lives in Orange county, LA --lovely weather and rustfree parts everywhere-- You guys have it sweet ,auto wise at least.
Sting, if you have the time and desire you can do it alright .And I am sure you can come up with a better workshop arrangement than mine.
mike

creeker
03-25-11, 09:29 PM
I respect your patience and work on your car, I wish I could take on a challenge like this, but I
have to do everything in five minutes.