: Opening Trunk From Inside SRX

etexlady
03-24-11, 10:24 PM
I've used the push button on the driver's door to open the trunk numerous times. The last few times when I have pressed the button the trunk does not open consistently and I end up having to use the remote. I got out the manual and it says car must be in park, etc. so I'm doing that correctly. Any ideas?

Cooper10
03-25-11, 04:50 AM
Press the unlock door button located in the center of the dashboard for the rearhatch button in the door to activate. Also transmission has to be in Park. Must be a safety feature so the hatch wont open while driving.

etexlady
03-25-11, 10:17 AM
Cooper10, thank you so much for the reply. I had used the unlock/lock buttons on the dashboard recently. I'm sure that's the reason for my problem. I find out new things about my car everyday it seems. Thanks again.

sube5186
03-25-11, 08:07 PM
Press the unlock door button located in the center of the dashboard for the rear hatch button in the door to activate.

Every once in a while I forget this one myself and think something is broken. :wacky:

Sube

Smokin' SRX
03-25-11, 11:58 PM
Ironically this is one of my main gripes with the Euro-architecture. I want my door lock buttons on the drivers door again! PIA to have to lean all the way into seat to reach the dash button. Often with dirty work clothes/shoes, from servicing my SRX. ( I have the light interior) .

Anyway, it took me a few times too, to figure this out.........

SS

sube5186
03-26-11, 09:16 AM
Ironically this is one of my main gripes with the Euro-architecture. I want my door lock buttons on the drivers door again!

Actually, the only time I use the lock buttons on the dash is when I'm sitting somewhere parked and I want the doors locked. I know I can turn off the feature that unlocks the doors when you shift into "P", but I prefer to keep it on, since 99% of the time that's what I want. Just one of the reasons passive locking was mandatory for me. I don't want to have to fool around with ANY lock buttons, no matter where they're located. I want to be able to just get out of the car, walk away and forget about it. However, I can see how having the lock button on the dash would be a pain to others. Even though I rarely use the button, from day one I thought this was an odd location for it. First car I ever owned that didn't have this on the door.

Sube

Smokin' SRX
03-26-11, 12:05 PM
Me too Sube. All my other rides had buttons on the doors. But I have to give the Devil his due.......I love the heated seat buttons on the dash so I can turn on the wife's heat too, w/o leaning all the way over the center console, when I haven't Remote started it.

Some guys here have turned OFF the passive lock feature (if they have a Premium model) as the X would always be locked, when they went over to her, in their driveway, with keys left in the house. You can leave the key fob in the car, if inside a garage, but not necessarily in the driveway.

LOL Guess nothing's perfect, even the SRX!

SS

SS