: Later guys

jcarlilesiu
03-24-11, 09:39 PM
Hey all, I'm moving on.

This site has become too loaded up with advertisements and garbage to be worth the trouble of navigating. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the owners are very interested in keeping membership up. So, like in all things free market related, ill take my discussion elsewhere and give somebody else the opportunity to make advertising money off of me being there.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/site-news-feedback-questions-suggestions/225210-site-nearly-un-usable.html

Take it easy Sube, gmjim, and all others.

Sent on tapatalk for Android

c5 rv
03-25-11, 08:09 PM
I felt the same until I dumped IE and installed Chrome. This site is much faster now.

sube5186
03-25-11, 08:40 PM
Hey all, I'm moving on. This site has become too loaded up with advertisements and garbage to be worth the trouble of navigating.

Sorry to see you go. Maybe you should just take a hiatus. I did, and it did me a world of good.

I felt the same until I dumped IE and installed Chrome. This site is much faster now.

IE? You mean to tell me people still use that? :hmm: I thought that went out with those free AOL discs every store seemed to have. :spin: Chrome is super fast, but it's a little too stripped down for me. I'm a Firefox man myself.

Sube

stevec5375
03-25-11, 08:50 PM
I'm a Firefox man myself.

Sube

Me too! I just upgraded to version 4 and it's way faster than before.

By the way, I did some browser benchmarking for my job and here's the results in order of fast to slow:

Chrome
Firefox
IE8
IE7

But now that Firefox 4 is out, it's probably faster than Chrome.

sube5186
03-25-11, 09:29 PM
Me too! I just upgraded to version 4 and it's way faster than before.

By the way, I did some browser benchmarking for my job and here's the results in order of fast to slow:

Chrome
Firefox
IE8
IE7

But now that Firefox 4 is out, it's probably faster than Chrome.

That's about how I expected them to rate. Just downloaded Firefox 4. I heard it was out. You just reminded me I needed to install it. I'll have to see how it performs. I have no doubt I'll like it. I had no complaints with the old version.

Sube

stevec5375
03-26-11, 09:30 AM
That's about how I expected them to rate. Just downloaded Firefox 4. I heard it was out. You just reminded me I needed to install it. I'll have to see how it performs. I have no doubt I'll like it. I had no complaints with the old version.

Sube

Just to be fair, I've been hearing much better things about IE9 than its predecessors. I installed it and used it to check compatibility on a web site I did for a friend and it didn't do any surprise rendering. I have no idea how it fits into the benchmarks for speed, however.

GMJim
03-26-11, 12:51 PM
Best of luck JC, whatever browser you are using.

See PM for contact info.