: 10 inch idler pulley

hemi2LS
03-24-11, 08:07 PM
Who else sells an idler pulley and whatever else is needed for the 10inch pulley? My installer has been "waiting 4" one so he can get my car in and do all my upgrades. I need one asap, so if anyone knows or has them that I can pass this info on to the installer Andy of ADM Performance in Lewisville, this would be extremely helpful. We just dont want to have to "wait4it" any longer, or any other parts I have been "waiting4".:yawn:

cbloveday
03-24-11, 08:42 PM
Talk to D3, or paschal performance. They may be able to help. It'll cost you though.

hemi2LS
03-24-11, 09:49 PM
Yeah I bet, at this point the cost is worth not waiting anymore.

DrumStix
03-24-11, 09:49 PM
Do they offer 1?

qictrk
03-24-11, 10:44 PM
I have one that I could cut loose, but I want to sell the pulley and belt with it. The whole package. Cecil...........

baabootoo
03-24-11, 11:43 PM
I just sent mine back today. I only want the 9", so I didn't need the idler pulley any more. It should be there Monday, or Tuesday at the latest then.

Somefun
03-25-11, 05:29 AM
Why are you guys not using them? Is there an issue using them? I have the 9.5 and love it. I was thinking of going with the 10"?

Domsz06
03-25-11, 08:07 AM
Who else sells an idler pulley and whatever else is needed for the 10inch pulley? My installer has been "waiting 4" one so he can get my car in and do all my upgrades. I need one asap, so if anyone knows or has them that I can pass this info on to the installer Andy of ADM Performance in Lewisville, this would be extremely helpful. We just dont want to have to "wait4it" any longer, or any other parts I have been "waiting4".:yawn:

The idler pulley you use on a 10" is the same you use on a 9.5. YOu have to relocate it. The only person that sells the relocation bracket right now is Jesse. Talk to Mike at G-force. He was going to sell me his 10" set up. He has the bracket. It's just a piece of alumn or steel (can't remember) with some extra holes drilled to move the pulley.

wait4me
03-25-11, 08:39 AM
??? who is it waiting for one? I have those in stock and dont have any list for people wanting them??? All where shipped out the day they wanted them?

Call today and it will ship out today.

The stuff i was waiting on was a 9.5 pulleys. Nothing to do with 10inch.... ????

wait4me
03-25-11, 08:40 AM
Baabootoo just wanted to go from a 9.5 to a 9 inch kit. Not from a 10 to a 9.

hemi2LS
03-25-11, 10:14 AM
??? who is it waiting for one? I have those in stock and dont have any list for people wanting them??? All where shipped out the day they wanted them?

Call today and it will ship out today.

The stuff i was waiting on was a 9.5 pulleys. Nothing to do with 10inch.... ????

Jesse this was Andy Mages of ADM Performance. I have been waiting on him to get all the parts in before he starts on my build. I stopped by yesterday to see why hasnt he called me to drop my car off since this week was scheduled. He stated that he was waiting on you, because as far as he knew you were the only one that made the bracket and you were either not answering or didn't have any(and I'm almost positive he said you didn't have any). I don't want to get into the shop owners parts wars or anything like that. I am just the customer of both of you guys, that just wants more performance parts added to my car.

hemi2LS
03-25-11, 10:40 AM
Thanks, talked to Jesses and ordered the part.

gnxs
03-25-11, 12:27 PM
And who was the cause of the wait....Jesse or your installer?

Somefun
03-25-11, 12:52 PM
How many guys run the 10" what have you guys seen for gains or seat of the pants feel from a 9.5 to the 10"??

qictrk
03-25-11, 12:56 PM
Why are you guys not using them? Is there an issue using them? I have the 9.5 and love it. I was thinking of going with the 10"? I would stay with your 9.5. I was using to the 10 but the engine would die on me when I got on it at about 40 mph. Either to lack of fuel or knock. Jesse thought it might be the MAP being dirty, but I cleaned it, and still had problems. I think to go to a 10, you need a tuner to dial it in. I live on the west coast and Jesse has to mail all my tunes. My 9.5 works great. This is in no way a slam on Jesse. When your tune is not in the shop, it makes it difficult to get it precise. Cecil.........

aj660
03-25-11, 01:58 PM
Why are you guys not using them? Is there an issue using them? I have the 9.5 and love it. I was thinking of going with the 10"?

There are many people on this forum that are very happy using 10" lower (including me) with zero problems. Yes the car needs to be tuned and you may need larger injectors, which of course depends on hp.

gnxs
03-25-11, 02:06 PM
There are many people on this forum that are very happy using 10" lower (including me) with zero problems. Yes the car needs to be tuned and you may need larger injectors, which of course depends on hp.
+1. :thumbsup:

baabootoo
03-25-11, 02:19 PM
"Who's on first?........" :)

Somefun
03-25-11, 02:26 PM
I'm thinking I need the 10" ring.....with some 65lbs injectors.

hemi2LS
03-25-11, 04:40 PM
I may never know, all I know is that all my other parts were there minus that piece, so I don't know who to blame not that it matters at all. I just wanted the part so the build could get done,no matter who makes it, which what led me to write the post.

hemi2LS
03-25-11, 04:44 PM
I'm thinking I need the 10" ring.....with some 65lbs injectors.

yeah it's what I'm going with, I hope to hit some good numbers with what I'm installing. Hope to see atleast 620

Somefun
03-25-11, 04:49 PM
620 at the rear? I think I'll be about 600 maybe 610 at the rear. Hell it really doesn't matter cuz I can't hook with 585 now! LOL

hemi2LS
03-25-11, 05:47 PM
620 at the rear? I think I'll be about 600 maybe 610 at the rear. Hell it really doesn't matter cuz I can't hook with 585 now! LOL

LOL, thats my next concern, im running the RE-11 305 rear and there doing good now....620 Thats me hoping(fingers crossed), But I think its more on the possible side than not.

gnxs
03-25-11, 06:45 PM
I may never know, all I know is that all my other parts were there minus that piece, so I don't know who to blame not that it matters at all. I just wanted the part so the build could get done,no matter who makes it, which what led me to write the post.
You mean the post with all the "quotations" in it that seemed to blame W4M? Jesse could have well been at fault or maybe the other shop dropped the ball. If it were me I'd have all my facts together before inferring blame on somebody.

hemi2LS
03-25-11, 07:28 PM
You mean the post with all the "quotations" in it that seemed to blame W4M? Jesse could have well been at fault or maybe the other shop dropped the ball. If it were me I'd have all my facts together before inferring blame on somebody.

As you stated in your own "response" the key word was "seemed" to blame W4M. Whatever happened with Jesse and Andy I may never know because there is always 2 sides to a story, and when there is only 2 people involved the truth will never come out. My facts where straight from seeing all the parts that are at the shop minus the one he has been waiting on from jesse and the one I had been waiting on. The only thing I infered, is that I dont want to "wait4it" any longer or any of the other parts that I have on order. That would have applied to any shop that I ordered parts from. It just so happens wait4me name fit the pun. I put Jessie name out there and Andy name out there so had the shop fed me a line, Jesse could have rightfully called him and let him know or vice verse. None of that matters now because i got a hold of jesse and andy and the part was ordered, which was my biggest gripe nothing else.

Somefun
03-27-11, 07:38 PM
Hey anyone want to sell the 10" ring and bracket?

jrcmlc
03-27-11, 10:27 PM
I pm'd the guy earlier in the thread that said he wanted to sell his...did not get a reply.

Joe

jrcmlc
03-27-11, 11:46 PM
The "guy" had emailed me back almost instantly before, it got moved to my spam filter, I didn't see it. Accept my apologies.

Joe

baabootoo
03-28-11, 01:54 PM
So this thread was a waste of nano space then?

e6t
03-28-11, 03:18 PM
cool story, bro.

StormTrooperFRC
04-11-11, 11:19 PM
Anyone have a 10" pulley available? PMs are cool too.(I may not be able to reply yet(post count)

For what it's worth...i've had issues getting a response from w4me on more then one occasion,...just for what its worth.

...not to mention,..the text I just got from a friend looking to buy one(10" pulley), and can't get in touch with w4m.

...return the call, make a sale.

Domsz06
04-12-11, 07:58 AM
Anyone have a 10" pulley available? PMs are cool too.(I may not be able to reply yet(post count)

For what it's worth...i've had issues getting a response from w4me on more then one occasion,...just for what its worth.

...not to mention,..the text I just got from a friend looking to buy one(10" pulley), and can't get in touch with w4m.

...return the call, make a sale.

he is busy with 3 engine rebuilds... Have you tried to email hannah? if he has one in stock she will sell it and ship it.

Paschall performance has them in stock, but last I heard he doesn't have the idler pulley relocator, so the pulley is kind of worthless unless you have that too.....

StormTrooperFRC
04-12-11, 08:47 PM
he is busy with 3 engine rebuilds... Have you tried to email hannah? if he has one in stock she will sell it and ship it.

Paschall performance has them in stock, but last I heard he doesn't have the idler pulley relocator, so the pulley is kind of worthless unless you have that too.....

I can understand that to a point,..I don't wish to order anything from him personally, based on my personal experience with him and his products. I deal with a lot of vendors for different markets(for over 9 years now in the buisness),...I understand very well, builds and time constraints. I am optimistic and I have given him, as well as everyone the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to make it right when things go bad. I am not here to bash, pick him apart, or defend him in any way. If a customer wants to buy his pulley,..I'd be more then happy to install it, no problem at all.

Appreciate the heads up on the pulley. Check late last night on Pascal,..they don't advertise an actual 10" but,..doesn't mean they don't make one. The small pulley, I should just have made by our local pulley company or see if they already have a unit that matches if THAT ends up being an issue.

Thanks for the response and head up, always appreciated.

wait4me
04-13-11, 10:22 AM
Im here today if you call me. We have the brakets you need in stock.

Domsz06
04-13-11, 04:11 PM
I can understand that to a point,..I don't wish to order anything from him personally, based on my personal experience with him and his products. I deal with a lot of vendors for different markets(for over 9 years now in the buisness),...I understand very well, builds and time constraints. I am optimistic and I have given him, as well as everyone the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to make it right when things go bad. I am not here to bash, pick him apart, or defend him in any way. If a customer wants to buy his pulley,..I'd be more then happy to install it, no problem at all.

Appreciate the heads up on the pulley. Check late last night on Pascal,..they don't advertise an actual 10" but,..doesn't mean they don't make one. The small pulley, I should just have made by our local pulley company or see if they already have a unit that matches if THAT ends up being an issue.

Thanks for the response and head up, always appreciated.

Pascal has it, just call cliff. Their site isn't always up to date. I know he has one sitting on his shelf as it's mine but I'm not gonna buy it until he has the idler pulley bracket. I'm not buying anything though until I figure out if my tranny is shot or not.....

I understand your statement with W4M. I have had great success with him and he has helped me out. That being said I have read what others think. Each to their own, and I'll be the first to admit I have bought parts from all the vendors. So we all have are idea's.

Best of luck!