: Just verifying that Cadillac will have two coupes very soon...

Lord Cadillac
03-24-11, 05:58 PM
In case you didn't already assume this was going to happen, the new Cadillac ATS (http://www.cadillacats.com) will have a coupe - as well as the next (3rd) generation, larger CTS. The next CTS Coupe will likely serve as a BMW 6-Series competitor while the ATS Coupe will take on the 3-Series...

Lord Cadillac
03-29-11, 10:14 PM
Just some more thinking into this... It sounds like we're going to have exactly what we had in the previous generation...

Cadillac Fleetwood > Cadillac Flagship (yet named or even confirmed - but will likely happen eventually)
Cadillac DeVille > Cadillac XTS
Cadillac Seville > Cadillac CTS Sedan
Cadillac Eldorado > Cadillac CTS Coupe
Cadillac Catera > Cadillac ATS

Since the third generation CTS is going to be larger, it can easily be looked at as a Seville and Eldorado.. It looks to me like all we're seeing is some name changing. They're going back to what worked before...

ben.gators
03-29-11, 11:22 PM
Just some more thinking into this... It sounds like we're going to have exactly what we had in the previous generation...

Well, without any doubt CTS is a very nice car, but there is no way I can call it a replacement for Seville! They are very different from each other....
And by the way, there are people who believe CTS stands for Catera Touring Sedan!

Since the third generation CTS is going to be larger, it can easily be looked at as a Seville and Eldorado.. It looks to me like all we're seeing is some name changing. They're going back to what worked before...

How much larger is it going to be?

Lord Cadillac
03-30-11, 12:14 AM
Well, without any doubt CTS is a very nice car, but there is no way I can call it a replacement for Seville! They are very different from each other....
And by the way, there are people who believe CTS stands for Catera Touring Sedan!

Well I'm not saying the current CTS is a replacement for the Seville..... I'm saying the next generation will be.

How much larger is it going to be?

It's not going to be a LOT larger. It'll be sufficient in size to replace the STS. Interior volume is supposed to be the same as the 5-Series BMW. So the third generation CTS will be larger than the current CTS and the first generation ATS will be smaller than the current CTS - making them different enough to not step on one another's toes the way the CTS and STS did...

orconn
03-30-11, 12:48 AM
Well I'm not saying the current CTS is a replacement for the Seville..... I'm saying the next generation will be.

It's not going to be a LOT larger. It'll be sufficient in size to replace the STS. Interior volume is supposed to be the same as the 5-Series BMW. So the third generation CTS will be larger than the current CTS and the first generation ATS will be smaller than the current CTS - making them different enough to not step on one another's toes the way the CTS and STS did...

And GM actually pays some guys big bucks to make these kind of product/marketing decisions!

OffThaHorseCEO
03-31-11, 12:51 AM

Cadillac Fleetwood > Cadillac Flagship (yet named or even confirmed - but will likely happen eventually)
Cadillac DeVille > Cadillac XTS
Cadillac Eldorado > Cadillac CTS Coupe
Cadillac Catera > Cadillac ATS

I actually like this idea. Theyre taking it back to what they know but with new/relevant cars. Also the deville/dts and seville/sts/eldo/etc were great cars and still have a large following and many enthusiast but didnt have the best reputation. The CTS may not be perfect but its very popular right now. It makes sense ride the popularity of your most popular car and add some fresh NEW vehicles instead of trying to refresh old platforms with tainted names.

Of course as a fan of classic cadillacs id love to see some eldorado fleetwood seville action but we know that cant happen