: Bro-Ham needs to take a stop at my local Volvo dealership

Stingroo
03-24-11, 11:50 AM
http://www.osteenvolvo.com/ou/jacksonville-volvo/4554_4744/inv/1961Rolls-RoyceCLOUD/VIN0000

I saw that thing and was like "This screams 'Dave'."

Aron9000
03-25-11, 02:59 AM
:drool::drool::drool:

That's a lot nicer than my friend's 1961 Silver Cloud. His was a cream white on brown tweed interior, pretty sure the interior had been redone in a non-original material. His had a giant "parade" sunroof, which was a huge hole cut in the roof with a canvas top that folded back. You could stand on the rear floor and wave at the peasents during a parade, pretty damn cool feature that I haven't seen in any other Rolls.

Do you know if that was a factory thing Dave?

Bro-Ham
03-25-11, 10:53 AM
:drool::drool::drool:

That's a lot nicer than my friend's 1961 Silver Cloud. His was a cream white on brown tweed interior, pretty sure the interior had been redone in a non-original material. His had a giant "parade" sunroof, which was a huge hole cut in the roof with a canvas top that folded back. You could stand on the rear floor and wave at the peasents during a parade, pretty damn cool feature that I haven't seen in any other Rolls.

Do you know if that was a factory thing Dave?

Silver Clouds aren't my thing, I haven't paid much attention to them despite a decade of involvement with the RROC plus a few of my friends own Clouds. My mind is foggy about the sunroof, but I seem to recall seeing them as you described.

ga_etc
03-25-11, 03:02 PM
That thing is gorgeous.