Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Auto-X pics and how accurate is the "G" meter

870 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Dan_Gurney 
#1 ·
Some recent pics of the local SCCA Sactioned event this weekend at the Monster Mile here in Dover, De. Pulled 1.00 and 1.02 on the "G" meter, new BFG KDW 255/40/18 tires. Not bad for a stock, 74k mile, worn front end sway end link beast. How accurate is the "G" meter? Just throwing it out there

Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
It's very accurate. However, quick transitions spike the meter much past the typical standard of the typical g numbers car rags get on a steady skidpad.

My '04 hit 1.27<----g---->1.29 on PS2s at Summit Point Shenandoah at V-Day 1...

#6 ·
Nice pics! Indy SCCA has thier first "fun event" next weekend I think. That will be my first real chance to drive my V in anger and I can't wait!

#9 ·
We are in Dover, kinda far away from most Auto-X action, these guys were from the Philly SCCA Chapter, which mostly runs up north of us, so it does not happen too often, and I am not that serious to truck an hour or more for one in a stock car, plus the Z is getting most of the attention right now, but when they are local we participate. As they say, anyone can spectate, only the few participate, and much more fun to be part of the action. It was their first time down here at the Monster Mile, and the turn-out was awesome. They are hosting like a Regional National meet in June at Dover as well, might run that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.