: Red Light Camera Company Uses Fake PSAs to Scare the Public

Jesda
03-24-11, 04:54 AM
http://jesda.com/2011/03/24/red-light-camera-companies-use-fake-psas-to-scare-the-public/

Against a tide of lawsuits, angry motorists, and hard evidence proving the danger of red light cameras, American Traffic Solutions has gone on the offensive, running television advertisements pretending to be public service announcements funded by the “National Coalition for Safer Roads”, a group backed by ATS and revenue-hungry government officials.

http://jesda.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/wpid-ncsrats-2011-03-24-01-58.jpg
(Even their logos look alike.)

NCSR’s affiliation with American Traffic Solutions is quietly hidden at the bottom of their “About” page:
http://saferoadssavelives.org/about-us/

The so-called “coalition” asks the public to “tell Missouri leaders we want safer roads.” Its a vaguely uncontroversial statement; the ad offers testimonials from police, fire fighters, and doctors (trauma centers receive a share of ticket revenue, by the way).

ATS installs the cameras and handles the billing and collection of tickets, which generally stay off driver records but can be sent to collections if left unpaid. A percentage of the revenue is retained by ATS as a fee while your local government collects the rest.

You may be thinking, “What harm can a camera do? It catches people who break the law.”

Consider that the cameras purported to save lives actually cause more accidents and deaths:
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/feb/23/studiessay-red-light-camerasdont-savelives-151/

To boost ticket revenue, yellow lights in some municipalities have been shortened to catch more drivers. While longer yellow lights do nothing to generate revenue and line the pockets of surveillance companies, they’re proven life savers:
“Honest yellows are Kryptonite to dishonest cameras. One added second of yellow to any signal reduces violations 40-80 percent and, unlike cameras, actually reduces crashes 25-50 percent. Honest yellows killed red-light cameras in 12 Georgia cities, Dallas and Mesa, Ariz.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUXPPofc_Wk

And for the few you who still care about your freedom and the little rag known as the constitution, the cameras and their automatic fines are a violation of due process. In the state of Florida, the tickets and camera footage are not required to be reviewed by a member of law enforcement.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/04/florida-legislature-bails-out-american-traffic-solutions/

The voters in the city of Houston (NOT the politicians) voted to disable red light cameras:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT8AvMgJO_8

Nearby in Jefferson County, ATS voluntarily ended its contract to save face as the newly elected county council was prepared to void it.
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2011/02/red-light_camera_ats_jefferson_county.php

If you want hard evidence on the dangers of red light cameras, here you go:
http://www.bhspi.org/mauz/

So, consider this my own public service announcement: Tell American Traffic Solutions and your legislators how you feel about this invasive, dangerous, ineffective, and expensive technology and their underhanded advertisements masquerading as PSAs.

Click “Like” on their Facebook page (you have to click Like to be able to post) and leave comments on their Youtube channel:

http://www.facebook.com/SaferRoadsUSA

http://www.youtube.com/user/SaferRoadsUSA

http://jesda.com/2011/03/24/red-light-camera-companies-use-fake-psas-to-scare-the-public/

Stingroo
03-24-11, 09:11 AM
This legitimately pisses me off. I really hope these stupid f*cking cameras stay out of wherever I live.

thebigjimsho
03-24-11, 09:24 AM
Excellent post, Jesda. In a few quick paragraphs you summed up all the BS items I take issue with in regards to red light cameras and unmanned speed enforcement that I was ready to bring to the table.

There has never been a positive argument for these things...unless you call fleecing the public for "taxes" a positive.

ThumperPup
03-24-11, 12:12 PM
i miss my drive soft sytem i had in my Jimmy it told me where all the red light and speed cameras where it updated software ones a week and i loved that thing

now we have cameras being moved around down town every week or 2 they move them i hate it

the worst thing is
ppl are paying more atention to looking for where the cameras are then to watching the road they are on

dkozloski
03-24-11, 12:20 PM
The bleatings of sore losers caught by the cameras are truly amusing.

thebigjimsho
03-24-11, 12:38 PM
Funny, I wouldn't have expected you to be in support of illegal and governmentally intrusive devices.

Jesda
03-24-11, 12:39 PM
The bleatings of sore losers caught by the cameras are truly amusing.

Most of them are "caught" because the yellow light is shortened to boost revenue.

You'd understand if there were stoplights and cars in Alaska.

The Tony Show
03-24-11, 12:45 PM
Anyone in favor of these things has never had the person in front of them suddenly, needlessly smash their brake pedal when the light turns yellow even though they're almost in the intersection already.

Rear end collisions increase wherever red light cameras are know to exist, which puts people's vehicles, insurance costs and personal safety at risk.

gdwriter
03-24-11, 01:18 PM
Funny, I wouldn't have expected you to be in support of illegal and governmentally intrusive devices.Koz is just being his usual curmudgeonly self. :lol:

You'd understand if there were stoplights and cars in Alaska.:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

FAIRBANKS — A group of sled dog drivers is protesting the red light cameras recently installed at the city's one signaled intersection, with drivers rigthly pointing out that dogs are color blind.

gdwriter
03-24-11, 01:25 PM
To boost ticket revenue, yellow lights in some municipalities have been shortened to catch more drivers. While longer yellow lights do nothing to generate revenue and line the pockets of surveillance companies, they’re proven life savers:

“Honest yellows are Kryptonite to dishonest cameras. One added second of yellow to any signal reduces violations 40-80 percent and, unlike cameras, actually reduces crashes 25-50 percent. Honest yellows killed red-light cameras in 12 Georgia cities, Dallas and Mesa, Ariz.”It is truly repugnant that jurisdictions are pairing red-light cameras with shorter yellows, claiming safety while licking their chops over fleecing people.

Most drivers recognize that traffic cameras are installed not as a way to make the roads safer, but as a source of revenue. And of course, these vultures, um surveillance companies, have to get their cut, often more than what the city/county/state gets from the fine.

orconn
03-24-11, 01:35 PM
To really cut down on "rear-ender" accidents laws pertaining to tail gating need to be enforced. If the offenders in Northern Virginia were caught and ticketed by law enforcement the state would be running a surplus and not its' current deficit!

ThumperPup
03-24-11, 01:36 PM
Anyone in favor of these things has never had the person in front of them suddenly, needlessly smash their brake pedal when the light turns yellow even though they're almost in the intersection already.

Rear end collisions increase wherever red light cameras are know to exist, which puts people's vehicles, insurance costs and personal safety at risk.

i think that comes into the part about how to safely be on the road you should be 3 car lengths away from the car ahead of you

I may regret saying this now cause it may happen with my carma after saying it but i can say since i started driving leagly and not leagly since i took the car for a spin when mom and dad would go to temple on friday nites i knew the ywould be gone for 3 or 4 hours so i could head out and visit with friends at the age of 10 yeah i know i know but hey i was tall at 10 i could reach the gas and break no problem
well in the last 21 years of driving i have never ever rear ended anyone and not even come close i hate when ppl stomp on there breaks or ride on them but i dont go into a panic when i see this happen
cause im always a good 3 cars if not more behind the person infront of me and i knwo how my car breaks so i know what i need to be safe and all

thebigjimsho
03-24-11, 01:46 PM
Yeah, TP, we all know how your car breaks...

ThumperPup
03-24-11, 01:50 PM
Yeah, TP, we all know how your car breaks...

hey my breaks work good
and only had one break down
the rest is all just stuff that goes bad lol

but my point is red light cameras are not reasons that rear end and fender benders happen
its because ppl tailgate and drive so darn close and the laws have just stopped paying attention to tail gaiters

gdwriter
03-24-11, 01:59 PM
Yeah, TP, we all know how your car breaks...:osnap:

It brakes all the time. For the sake of other Cleveland drivers, let's hope so. Otherwise it would be going right threw intersections, red lights be damned.

ThumperPup
03-24-11, 02:04 PM
:osnap:

It brakes all the time. For the sake of other Cleveland drivers, let's hope so. Otherwise it would be going right threw intersections, red lights be damned.

hey i have never run a red light and i have never stomped on the gas in a crowded area lol

cadillac kevin
03-24-11, 03:36 PM
In college, I did a research paper on red light cameras. Found out they decrease T-bone style accidents, but increase rear end collisions by a bit more. Overall, accident numbers per intersection stay the same or slightly increase. fatal accidents are reduced in most cases (but not all.) Many areas shorten red lights by 1 second to the state minimum to increase the number of red light runners. In San Francisco, it was determined through secret documents from lockheed martins traffic camera division that they were using profitability as a factory for where to place the cameras, even if safety decreased as a result of the cameras being installed. They also targeted intersections that were downhill, blind corners, etc. because they knew they would make more revenue in those intersections. In Kentucky (I think) a man went to court to argue his ticket. it was determined through slow motion video of him running the light that the yellow light was shortened below the state limit (i.e. govt broke the law) to under 3 seconds.
I also found out that if the yellow lights were extended by 1 second (to 4 seconds or longer), there were far less accidents in almost all cases due to the increased time for people to stop or accelerate through the intersection. In washington D.C. the number of traffic accidents has skyrocketed several hundred percent since the introduction of red light cameras. fatal accidents have also increased dramatically in D.C. since their introduction.

Jesda
03-24-11, 05:50 PM
Spokane WA removed the crosswalk countdown timers so drivers would be less aware of how soon the light would turn red. Spokane only did this at crosswalks with red light cameras. Timers remain at intersections without surveillance.

ThumperPup
03-24-11, 06:01 PM
clevlenad has no count down timers on cross walks or red lights wondering if that would be a good idea to put in nottttt

dkozloski
03-24-11, 06:20 PM
Thumper is right. If you maintain a safe distance behind the driver in front, it doesn't make any difference what the hell he does. Around here they promote the two, four, ten second rule. If you don't know what that is it's no wonder you're clobbering the guy ahead. Drive so it doesn't matter what the hell the other guy is doing and you'll be alright.

ThumperPup
03-24-11, 06:38 PM
another thing i always lough when someone is in such a hurry to get around me and in front of me that they do 45 in a 35 to only end up at the same red light that i am at and i was doing 35 they just get to the red light before i do lol what the heck i will just turn and smile at the one next to me if they did that
crime doesn't pay and neither does speed why rush to get somewhere why ride on someones bumper you think they going to let you get somewhere any faster come on you know what crosses my mind every other time someone rides my tail end on the highway or going up a main street
i think about just slamming my breaks let them hit and rear end me but then i think about it as you know i don't mind if i get hurt i don't mind if the one behind me gets hurt
but what if someone els on the road gets hurt and its nto because of them that i did that
thats when i decided you know just change lanes and let them pass me its not worth the trouble and danger

Jesda
03-24-11, 06:44 PM
Thumper is right. If you maintain a safe distance behind the driver in front, it doesn't make any difference what the hell he does. Around here they promote the two, four, ten second rule. If you don't know what that is it's no wonder you're clobbering the guy ahead. Drive so it doesn't matter what the hell the other guy is doing and you'll be alright.

That's a beautiful theory but reality doesn't work that way, especially at rush hour. Traffic management requires engineers to consider driver behavior, for better or worse, when managing stoplight timers and designing intersections.

A dogmatic and boneheaded approach results in accidents, period. Reality doesn't function in a vacuum.

When interacting with other drivers, being right doesn't keep you from being killed or injured, unless your goal is to go to your grave with the confidence of knowing you weren't at fault.

dkozloski
03-24-11, 06:50 PM
When surrounded by idiots just act like an idiot yourself and you'll be safe hidden in the crowd. I like that theory.

Jesda
03-24-11, 07:00 PM
What you're alluding to is traffic flow. If the speed limit is 55, everyone is doing 65, and you do 45, you may not be breaking the law, but you're creating a danger by creating a traffic bottleneck. Bottlenecks cause backups, collisions, and pollution. You can mitigate your fears and improve safety by using public transportation or launching yourself to the moon in a rocketship where you don't have to worry about sharing the road.

There is science involved in stoplight timing and the setting of speed limits (actual formulas using speed and density), as well as psychology. It isn't always adhered to be greedy municipalities or selfish drivers, which creates a danger to everyone.

"I'm right and I dont care!" is the equivalent of folding your arms and holding your breath until your parents give you a piece of candy.

ThumperPup
03-24-11, 07:10 PM
so basically your saying its ok if 10 other cars are going 65 in a 55 then you should do 65 in a 55 and thats not breaking the law or you wont be in trouble for doing it because you can say to the officer or judge i was only going the flow of traffic because i thout it was safer because everyone els was so i didn't want to cause wreck
well it don't float that way weather your dong 65 to stay up with traffic or your doing 65 to get your prego wife to the delivery room so she don't drop the kid in your back seat it doesn't matter its still breaking the law

guess you haven't seen ohio state troopers before cause
i seen 1 trooper pool over 6 cars at one time all he has to do is drive up beside them point to the fist car and point to the side of the road with his lights flashing do the same thing to the other 5 cars or even more if there are more
and thats it i seen it happen first hand
there is no excuse for driving in patiently or in a hurry
no excuse at all

i bet every time one of us does a WOT that we are breaking the law in some fashion if we are doing it properly
so we cant go into a court saying judge i was only doing it to keep my engine clean so it wouldn't cost me more in the long run
let me see yall do that and let me know how it works out

gdwriter
03-24-11, 07:16 PM
Reality doesn't function in a vacuum.Try telling that to a Tea Partier :suspect:

When interacting with other drivers, being right doesn't keep you from being killed or injured, unless your goal is to go to your grave with the confidence of knowing you weren't at fault.:yeah:

dkozloski
03-24-11, 07:45 PM
What you're alluding to is traffic flow. If the speed limit is 55, everyone is doing 65, and you do 45, you may not be breaking the law, but you're creating a danger by creating a traffic bottleneck. Bottlenecks cause backups, collisions, and pollution. You can mitigate your fears and improve safety by using public transportation or launching yourself to the moon in a rocketship where you don't have to worry about sharing the road.

There is science involved in stoplight timing and the setting of speed limits (actual formulas using speed and density), as well as psychology. It isn't always adhered to be greedy municipalities or selfish drivers, which creates a danger to everyone.

"I'm right and I dont care!" is the equivalent of folding your arms and holding your breath until your parents give you a piece of candy.

There is a huge difference between driving 45MPH when everybody else is going 65MPH and adjusting the distance between you and the guy ahead so you have a chance to avoid him if he screws up. Tailgating is not something you get away with for long when you drive six months out of the year on ice. If the road is really slick I'll leave enough room in front at the traffic light so I can pull up and give the guy behind more room if he needs it to get stopped. All around me are idiots spinning their wheels to get going and sliding them to get stopped while I cruise along timing the lights and covering twice the ground they are. Safe driving isn't just running with the pack, it's being aware of the laws of physics and accepting that every other driver on the road has the ways and means to kill you.

ThumperPup
03-24-11, 08:08 PM
There is a huge difference between driving 45MPH when everybody else is going 65MPH and adjusting the distance between you and the guy ahead so you have a chance to avoid him if he screws up. Tailgating is not something you get away with for long when you drive six months out of the year on ice. If the road is really slick I'll leave enough room in front at the traffic light so I can pull up and give the guy behind more room if he needs it to get stopped. All around me are idiots spinning their wheels to get going and sliding them to get stopped while I cruise along timing the lights and covering twice the ground they are. Safe driving isn't just running with the pack, it's being aware of the laws of physics and accepting that every other driver on the road has the ways and means to kill you.

X=2 Amen to that man

Jesda
03-24-11, 09:44 PM
I feel the same way about tailgating, and law enforcement should ticket people who drive that way, but sticking a camera at an intersection doesn't fix that, and its proven to exacerbate the problems that tailgating causes. You do not have a magical solution to fix the mistakes and errors of other drivers (I'll help you build a moon rocket if you want to avoid other drivers completely. The original moon lander is still up there for you to cruise around in), but traffic engineers can apply theory, science, and psychology to mitigate the risk.

The goal, after all, is to prevent accidents. These cameras run counter to that goal. You can't put a cop on every corner at every hour of the day to watch tailgaters, but you can mitigate the damage, injuries, and deaths by removing these cameras and extending yellow lights. And in turn, you get to enjoy lower insurance rates.

Remember also that it isn't just people cruising around in 4000lb Cadillacs who are affected by this. Pedestrians, children, and cyclists like me have to deal with intersections too, and if I was to get t-boned on my bike by some clown in a Camry, I'd probably end up in a wheel chair.

thebigjimsho
03-24-11, 10:23 PM
so basically your saying its ok if 10 other cars are going 65 in a 55 then you should do 65 in a 55 and thats not breaking the law or you wont be in trouble for doing it because you can say to the officer or judge i was only going the flow of traffic because i thout it was safer because everyone els was so i didn't want to cause wreck
well it don't float that way weather your dong 65 to stay up with traffic or your doing 65 to get your prego wife to the delivery room so she don't drop the kid in your back seat it doesn't matter its still breaking the law

Incorrect. Many states, including California have laws in the books allowing driving to match traffic around you. In MA, you don't see state troopers patrolling for speeders during rush hour unless someone is being reckless. Funny, I never see accidents when people are driving fast, but orderly, and know where they're going and what they're doing.

And even if some states patrol based on speed, the NHTSA(who writes the book on creation of traffic laws and their enforcement) dictates how speed limits are determined and set. And many, if not most, in this country are set arbitrarily low. And can be defeated in court.

Stingroo
03-24-11, 10:40 PM
Incorrect. Many states, including California has laws in the books allowing driving to match traffic around you. In MA, you don't see state troopers patrolling for speeders during rush hour unless someone is being reckless. Funny, I never see accidents when people are driving fast, but orderly, and know where they're going and what they're doing.

And even if some states patrol based on speed, the NHTSA(who writes the book on creation of traffic laws and their enforcement) dictates how speed limits are determined and set. And many, if not most, in this country are set arbitrarily low. And can be defeated in court.

Jim speaks truth. If everyone is going 90mph and you're doing 60, 100% of the time you will get stopped for it.

ThumperPup
03-24-11, 11:10 PM
Jim speaks truth. If everyone is going 90mph and you're doing 60, 100% of the time you will get stopped for it.

in ohio they would pull you over and give you a tiket for inpeeting trafic if your going more then 20 miles under the speed limit so if your 40 doing 40 and speed is at 60mph limit they can pull you over
but also if your doing 70 in a 60 they can pull you over shoot iv been pulled over in Ohio for doing 64 in a 60 and in Mi for doing 75 in a 70
every state has there own laws this is corect but
when there are 30 ppl out on the road doing 75 in a 65 and im doing 65 well im not going to get pulled over in ohio i know this just isnt going to happen
if you want to do it fine speed up speed ahead
but im not about to break the law because some jerk or jerks want to speed because they can't just go the speed limit
i don;'t know what your state laws are cause i havent ever read a drivers edd book in your state
but i know that in ohio
it used to say you could go 5mph over this was when i was 16
now id does not atleast as of 6 years ago it did not it may have changed by them

ok how the heck did we get of the topic lol

any ways all states are not the same and id rather go to my grave knowing it was not my fault and with a good conscious as jesda said i think hed rather not but i rather would

spork
03-24-11, 11:40 PM
We have had red light cameras in my town for a year. At least they call them red light cameras. They make most of their money off of speeders on the interstate. Here is a quote from the local paper...
It’s added up to big money and significantly fewer crashes, according to police statistics. Through February, the city has made $2.3 million from the camera system, according to data from camera vendor Gatso USA, which exceeded by threefold the $750,000 projected first-year revenue.

Ranger
03-25-11, 12:03 AM
And even if some states patrol based on speed, the NHTSA(who writes the book on creation of traffic laws and their enforcement) dictates how speed limits are determined and set. And many, if not most, in this country are set arbitrarily low.
I have always believed that speed limits are set 5 MPH lower than what they REALLY want.

Red light cameras have NOTHING to do with safety and EVERYTHING to do with revenue. To believe anything else is simply naive.

RightTurn
03-25-11, 12:26 AM
We have had red light cameras in my town for a year. At least they call them red light cameras. They make most of their money off of speeders on the interstate. Here is a quote from the local paper...

They actually call them red light cameras? On the INTERSTATE?? :wtf: Where the heck do you live? LOL

cadillac kevin
03-25-11, 01:20 AM
i think about just slamming my breaks let them hit and rear end me but then i think about it as you know i don't mind if i get hurt i don't mind if the one behind me gets hurt
but what if someone els on the road gets hurt and its nto because of them that i did that
thats when i decided you know just change lanes and let them pass me its not worth the trouble and danger

thats 100% illegal. you cannot purposely slam on your brakes for no reason simply to cause an accident. I've had 2 people try to force me to hit them.
some old man attempted to do that to me not once, but twice in a fwd century. he stopped in the middle of the street twice with no one around him but me. Both times I came within 2 or 3 inches of hitting him. At least he got to hear my very loud train horn. After the second time, I got tired of his shit, changed lanes and pulled up along side him. He flipped me off, so I yelled F___ you old man, and floored it. (Its so much classier when your in a big cadillac.)

another time, I was cruising home from work and some ghetto black guy in a all black grand am with big rims and pitch black tint and alot of woofers comes roaring up my ass, swerves around me doing about 50 mph in a 35, cuts less then a foot in front of me without signaling and slams on his brakes. Good thing I had my brakes overhauled the week before else he would have gotten punted by a 5000 lb. battering ram. I swear my bumper came within a couple milimeters of his. I was 100% sure I was going to hit him (my car does not stop on a dime, even with all new brakes)
to be honest, I don't know why people try to cause accidents. Especially why anyone would want to tangle with an old cadillac that is rippled on one side and is missing alot of trim. its obviously someone with no money and probably no insurance (fwiw I did have insurance.)

Ranger
03-25-11, 01:36 AM
I don't know why people try to cause accidents.
$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's an insurance fraud scam. There was a bunch of illegals in Chicago that tried that a while back on the Kennedy expressway. Unfortunately they went for a truck, probably figuring the trucking company (or their insurance company) had deep pockets. They lost the bet and all where killed.

Stingroo
03-25-11, 02:01 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's an insurance fraud scam. There was a bunch of illegals in Chicago that tried that a while back on the Kennedy expressway. Unfortunately they went for a truck, probably figuring the trucking company (or their insurance company) had deep pockets. They lost the bet and all where killed.

Shit happens.

ThumperPup
03-25-11, 10:21 AM
thats 100% illegal. you cannot purposely slam on your brakes for no reason simply to cause an accident. I've had 2 people try to force me to hit them.
some old man attempted to do that to me not once, but twice in a fwd century. he stopped in the middle of the street twice with no one around him but me. Both times I came within 2 or 3 inches of hitting him. At least he got to hear my very loud train horn. After the second time, I got tired of his shit, changed lanes and pulled up along side him. He flipped me off, so I yelled F___ you old man, and floored it. (Its so much classier when your in a big cadillac.)

another time, I was cruising home from work and some ghetto black guy in a all black grand am with big rims and pitch black tint and alot of woofers comes roaring up my ass, swerves around me doing about 50 mph in a 35, cuts less then a foot in front of me without signaling and slams on his brakes. Good thing I had my brakes overhauled the week before else he would have gotten punted by a 5000 lb. battering ram. I swear my bumper came within a couple milimeters of his. I was 100% sure I was going to hit him (my car does not stop on a dime, even with all new brakes)
to be honest, I don't know why people try to cause accidents. Especially why anyone would want to tangle with an old cadillac that is rippled on one side and is missing alot of trim. its obviously someone with no money and probably no insurance (fwiw I did have insurance.)

well who cares when it comes down to it
the ones that ride our buts and tail ends don't care that its not leagle to tail gate
so why do i care
you know someone rides my tail end why should i speed up to avoid them possibly running into me
let me hit my breaks to scare them
if they hit me then they hit me
in the eye of the law rear end is at fualt
no proof i hit my breaks if i did
haven't done it because each time it think about it i think someone els could get hurt
but you know
the heck with it
you should not be riding someone so close
nothing i can say to make you think its ok and nothing you can say to make me think its ok

only difference is i know its wrong i never said it would be right
but you still choose to tail gate and be so darn close to ppl
so whats your defense going to be if that happens again to you ?

ThumperPup
03-25-11, 10:23 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$

ppl in cleveland do it still all the time drive around in the inner city hear and you see it happen all the time

but its not all about insurance
if i ever did not saying i have because i haven't when i think about doing it i think oh wait there are other innocents on the st that could get hurt
i could care less about my car at the point just care that others could get hurt
but if i choose to slam on my breaks and let someone tail end me its there own darn fualt should not be riding 2 feet off my bumper they arent going to get where they are going any faster

Stingroo
03-25-11, 10:29 AM
This thread has been killed. Officially.

ThumperPup
03-25-11, 10:57 AM
yeah i was just thinking that myself was going to post how did we get so far off topic

cadillac kevin
03-25-11, 02:15 PM
wow, this is way off topic. we went from red light cameras to thumpy being a bad driver. now if only thumpy would get a red light camera ticket, we could go full circle.

Stingroo
03-25-11, 02:40 PM
:lol:

thebigjimsho
03-25-11, 03:40 PM
lulz.

Jesda
03-25-11, 06:50 PM
http://www.java2s.com/Tutorial/JavaImages/MessageBoxWorkingIconAbortRetryIgnoreButton.PNG

ThumperPup
03-26-11, 12:14 AM
wow, this is way off topic. we went from red light cameras to thumpy being a bad driver. now if only thumpy would get a red light camera ticket, we could go full circle.

hey man im not a bad driver the ones who tail gate are the bad drivers
The END LOL

now here is your cookie and glasss of milk its bed time LMAO

cadillac kevin
03-26-11, 12:35 AM
sure you're not a bad driver...
and I'm not a legally blind guy driving a 5000lb. cadillac 1 foot from your rear bumper. better hope my brakes work. ;)

thebigjimsho
03-26-11, 12:44 AM
breaks are overated

ThumperPup
03-26-11, 01:06 AM
sure you're not a bad driver...
and I'm not a legally blind guy driving a 5000lb. cadillac 1 foot from your rear bumper. better hope my brakes work. ;)

hey if your breaks don't work then i guess ill just sew you and ur insruance who ever can fork over the most money well there i go
ill buy a new XTS when it comes out lol
but no seriously
this is why the law and insruance say its the one who rear ended you fualt not the one infront

not sure about other states but in ohio
if you tell the officer that im sorry my breaks didnt work thats why i rear ended him then not only can you get a tiket for casuing a acident wich would but not or non assured clearnace driving but if you go into court and use that as a defence then you can get a tiket for not having proper breaks just like iwth a tail lamp if its out then you have to pay a fine for that also you have to go into court with in 2 weeks to show it was fixed or they can leagly say your car is not road safe and revoke your plates

so think about that

cadillac kevin
03-26-11, 01:56 AM
my brakes work fine. I was being sarcastic.
It stops better than new. I got brand new pads and overhauled rear drums. you'd swear it had rear discs. it stops smoothly, evenly, in a straight line, and very very fast. before I redid the brakes, the front bumper would nose dive about a foot in a panic stop because the rear drums had no clamping force, meaning only the front brakes were stopping the car.
btw it passed safety inspection with flying colors with brakes that were 30k overdue.

btw you can sew me all you want- a sweater would be nice.

ThumperPup
03-26-11, 02:06 AM
mean sue sew how ever you spell it and im not talking about a girl
and if i where to sew you anythhning id make it a pair of pants with one leg you choose gas or break but not both LMAO

my breaks work very well also
with 50k on the fronts and 3k on the rears i can stop very very good tried them out tonight and they stop without a hitch lol

Stingroo
03-26-11, 05:14 AM
His car is an automatic, somehow I don't think driving with one foot will hinder him one bit.

Thanks to TBJS and TP all this thread makes me think of now is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZDUEilS5M4

RippyPartsDept
03-26-11, 11:12 AM
oh the joys of driving on 128/I-95 and 495 during rush our....
one time i had the joy of driving up RT3 (pilgrims hwy) from the cape in the morning - that was fun too

and Pup, one thing you may not understand about the boston interstate traffic during rush hour is that EVERYONE is doing 90 (not just 30 ppl)

and to be more on topic:::

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20110104/ARTICLES/110109925

By The Way.... the new cameras can tell if you didn't come to a complete stop before turning right on red (for those states that have right on red)