: Audio fuse keeps blowing

miketone
03-24-11, 01:56 AM
Hey all, newbie V owner here, and already have a problem... I searched and couldn't find anything on this but, my radio/nav stopped working today out of nowhere. It worked fine since I got it, only thing different I did today was left the sunroof vent up by accident, came back a few hours later and the screen/eject everything is dead.

I checked the audio fuse which was blown... replaced it and it blew again instantly. I even unhooked the battery, replaced it again, and it popped again on power up. I know it must be a short just wondering if anyone experienced this and if there's something I can check. Any suggestions much appreciated! Hoping I won't have to bring it to the crooked shop in town where it will turn out to be much more than a short :annoyed:

CancerJCC
03-24-11, 09:52 AM
Hey all, newbie V owner here, and already have a problem... I searched and couldn't find anything on this but, my radio/nav stopped working today out of nowhere. It worked fine since I got it, only thing different I did today was left the sunroof vent up by accident, came back a few hours later and the screen/eject everything is dead.

I checked the audio fuse which was blown... replaced it and it blew again instantly. I even unhooked the battery, replaced it again, and it popped again on power up. I know it must be a short just wondering if anyone experienced this and if there's something I can check. Any suggestions much appreciated! Hoping I won't have to bring it to the crooked shop in town where it will turn out to be much more than a short :annoyed:

You said it. A short somewhere is causing the fuses to blow. I would start by pulling the radio out and checking those first. Those are the wires that could get a bare spot before others from removing/re-installing the radio unit.