but im thinking of switching to something a little better

but not sure between
Acdelco blades shaped blades
rain x blades
or Michelin blades

anyone have any preferences when it comes to wiper blades

ted tcb
03-22-11, 11:21 PM
I used to buy the premium wipers at Canadian Tire, but over the years I've found that dealer OEM replacements
work the best for me ... longest life, no streaking, work well in the summer and the snow.

ThumperPup
03-22-11, 11:51 PM
ok cool i think im going to do the acdelco i just don;t get why rock auto has 2 difrant part numbers for the acdelco i got a 25 dollar off code they cent me so im grabing 2 wiper blades and a wix air filter

csbuckn
03-23-11, 12:39 AM
Did they say you could share that code with everybody like they do with the 5% off code? I think it would be cool to start a thread with current discount codes for Rockauto. I sell and install wipers at work and we have the Optix Smart Blade(the windshield forming blade, whatever its called, that new design) and the traditional blades. We get a lot of returns on the Optix blade because the tips keep coming off which lets the actual wiper slide out. But I think most of that problem is because people get too long of wiper and its hitting the edge of the windshield. I've had good luck with the Smart Blade type so far. Got them on two of my cars and havent had any problems. I do find that they still dont wrap around the edge of windshield like they advertise.

orconn
03-23-11, 12:46 AM
I've usually gone with the good quality replacement blades that they had at Costco. These were fine, but a few years ago I tried some German blades that cost over $20. a piece on my wife's SLS and I have to say they really were superior performing blades, Both functionally and from the standpoint of longevity these blades, I think they were Bosch, really out performed the cheaper blades. Last year I put some "Rainex" blades on my STS and I have to say theses were superior to usual replacement blades I had been using. I have used the Rainex windshield product on our cars and have come to believe it does help with rainy day visibility.

ThumperPup
03-23-11, 12:48 AM
no the one of the top guys in charge got back to me again about something that happen sevral weeks back i bought a fuel pump on there close out on the cheap for 87 bucks they said they still had 2 in stock
then a day after i bought it they contacted me saying they sold out of those so they have to charge me 168 for the regular stock fuel pump in that same brand and model
i wrote a letter and addressed it to the AG and the BBB then sent it to the head person i got on the phone that day
who then dropped it down to 100 shiped for a regular stock with full warranty i was happy with that
then i looked again a week latter saw there close out stock was back again with 5 available this time rote them another letter saying how i felt like it was a bate and switch game and said i was going to contact the BBB again and they said after assuring me it was not that they would give me a 25 dollar discount wich is about 15 percent of the 168 it would have cost to get the fuel pump at regular price so they came to the 25 dollar credit for me of my next purchase
i was not planing on ever purchasing from them again id rather purchase from GMPD at high ripp of shipping rates then from Rock auto after that they pulled on me
but before i would go to GMPD id first go to Chris Rippy then if he couldnt help me then id go to GMPD but i was totaly going to boycot rock auto but hey if i can get 2 wiper blades a wix air filter also a wix oil filter and only spend like 10 dollars out of pocket then im happy

ThumperPup
03-23-11, 12:52 AM
the other thing is i know GM says 22 inch on both driver and passenger side but does anyone els find that with a 22inch blade on the passenger side the very end of the passenger blade does not connect with the window at all ? id say maybe a inch of the wiper skips the window so that is irritating so not sure what to go with

RippyPartsDept
03-23-11, 10:48 AM
many of the OEM blades are only $11 or $12 ...

ThumperPup
03-23-11, 11:10 AM
yeah just not sure wich OEM blade to go with
i want something that is going to hit the complete windshield and not skip of the end a little bit like my current anco does
i also
don't want a beam one i hear you have to bend it sometime in shape
i guess OEM would be desined to stay on as a great fit
aso was consider a drive blad that has a spoler on it like a wind deflector so it stays down at higher speeds with no issues
but i think im going to try OEM just not sure wich one there are like 3 difrant oem blades that i saw on Rock Auto atleast 3 difrant Acdelco i think and difrant part number one was a winter blad so not intrested in that at all
but the other 2 where all season blades
just not sure wich one to grab up

RippyPartsDept
03-23-11, 11:44 AM
yeah just not sure wich OEM blade to go with

there's only one set of OEM blades (they're not ACDelco)

the ones you see on rockauto are not the OEM blades

LH: #25670415 BLADE $11.67
RH: #15214346 BLADE $11.67

those fit 1999-2004 Sevilles (not sure why, but the driver's side on the 1998 is a different number)

ThumperPup
03-23-11, 12:46 PM
ok so your saying that GM did not use acdelco as OEM blades are those part numbers above
what they did use on the cars new OEM
?

what brand blades did GM use on the Seville OEM

orconn
03-23-11, 12:59 PM
If I remember correctly, from buying the correct windshield wipers for my wife's '02 Seville, there are two different lengths required for the car. This may be why there are two part numbers. I do know, after buying the two different lengths, that after installation they work perfectly.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-23-11, 12:59 PM
I use the Rain-X brand. I find they last the longest and streak the least. When I'd run the A/C Delco blades on the Astro, they'd wear out after 3-4 months (5,000 miles per month), and with the Rain-X's, I've had them on for probably 30,000 miles so far and they still work perfect.

RippyPartsDept
03-23-11, 01:04 PM
GM doesn't use ACDelco for all their parts. Many parts that GM does not use ACDelco for will still have ACDelco parts listed (just like there's ANCO blades listed) ... ACDelco makes parts for other cars too (just in case you didn't know that either)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-23-11, 01:05 PM
Oh, I just assumed they were AC Delco because I bought them at a GMC/Buick dealer.

ThumperPup
03-23-11, 01:12 PM
guess hmm was looking on GM part Giant saw the 2 difrant blades and part numbers but they still dont say the size
so shoud i get 1 21 in and 1 22inch question
is that why they have 2 part numbers or is one of them with a spoiler on it to keep down on wind reflection and the other without cause they dont see a reason for it on both ?

just know that im going to get them from rock auto cause im using my 25 dollar from them to get them

also what exactly is a beam wiper blade i was looking and i saw that there are a few that say beam style blades what does that mean ?

ThumperPup
03-23-11, 01:18 PM
just called my cadillac dealer i usuay go to for cheap parts that i cant wiat on shipping for and the parts guy checked said the LH side has a wind defector and passanger side does not thats hwy difrant part numbers and all

RippyPartsDept
03-23-11, 01:20 PM
I was talking about different part numbers between the driver's side for 1998 and for 1999-2004 (they had different numbers) ... the passenger side was the same number for 1998-2004

also, my parts catalog says both are 22 inches

ThumperPup
03-23-11, 04:36 PM
ah ok cool cool

also are beamed better then non beamed i dont get what the difrance is between them anyone here use beamed ?

RippyPartsDept
03-23-11, 06:24 PM
(i think) beamed means the new style that has a single flex to it instead of the older style that you're used to seeing... supposedly it wipes better and puts uniform pressure across the whole blade ... i think they're ok if they're not too expensive (and last a decent amount of time)

ThumperPup
03-23-11, 06:54 PM
Rock auto has the Acdelco that a beamed for 9 each i think or 10 each
i was also looking at the old style bocsh they have they are 14.99 each went to auto zone to check them out and they sell them for 23 a pair there
i wished that Rock Auto had the Rain-z latitude i want those but they don;'t have them and not going to spend 50 bucks for a set of wiper blades not right now
so its between the beam style acdelco or the old style bocsh just have not decided yet

RippyPartsDept
03-23-11, 07:23 PM
i think i may be wrong then about the 'beam' based on that price... but based on the acdelco website i may be correct... see below

http://www.acdelco.com/parts/wiper-blades/product-line.jsp