: D3 Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid

Dr. Design
03-22-11, 08:55 PM
D3 Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid

PN#1101138
http://www.d3cadillac.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/cts-v-carbon-bootlid-3.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/34ViewTrunk2.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/CloseUpTrunk.jpg

The D3 Carbon Fiber Rear Deck Cover is a completely replaces the OEM trunk with a deck that is constructed with Ultra Lightweight Carbon Fiber. The finished trunk weighs in at an amazing 12 LBS which is nearly 20 lbs lighter than stock.

The Deck is 100% made in the USA utilizing genuine carbon fiber weave that is directly imported from Germany. Available in Gloss or Matte clear coat the carbon fiber the trunk is a must have for any CTS-V that is looking to reduce overall vehicle weight for competition racing.

For more information please visit http://www.d3cadillac.com/news/latest-news/carbon-fiber-trunk-lid.

List Price: 1,795 | USD $

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

newcadman
03-22-11, 09:14 PM
I know you say your trunk lid weighs 12 lbs but what is the EXACT weight of the stock trunk lid ?

connore
03-22-11, 09:29 PM
my guess would be 32 pounds. but im no math major. :hmm:

The Tony Show
03-22-11, 09:33 PM
:lol:

Post of the day.

e6t
03-22-11, 10:23 PM
The finished trunk weighs in at an amazing 12 LBS which is nearly 20 lbs lighter than stock.

musclesbmf
03-22-11, 11:02 PM
You guys make me laugh. I love it.

Mark

neuronbob
03-22-11, 11:09 PM
ROFLMAO!

But back to the topic at hand, that looks great, D3! Thank you again for producing a great product. The track hounds will be after this piece simply for the weight loss.

connore
03-22-11, 11:40 PM
this does look great! would this look good on anything other then raven??

Gordy Petrovski
03-23-11, 12:30 AM
Doesn't that put more weight over the front wheels ? Great piece though,nice work D3.

thatcoder
03-23-11, 12:55 AM
it'll provide additional front rake..

baabootoo
03-23-11, 01:04 AM
No, actually it puts less weight over the rear wheels. the weight on the front will stay very close to what it is now. Just get the trunk wrapped in vinyl to match your car............... An enterprising person could this this themselves.

cbloveday
03-23-11, 06:26 AM
Do they have a carbon fibre hood? Wouldn't we want to keep some weight in the rear for launches? Nice piece though

newcadman
03-23-11, 11:09 AM
Based on the claim of "nearly 20 lbs lighter" than the stock lid that would make it the equivalent weight of about 3 gallons of gas?

So does the decision become run 3 gallons less gas in the tank when racing to achieve the equivalent weight saving of the carbon fibre trunk lid and save $1795.00 or not?

Hmm, that's a tough one.

e6t
03-23-11, 12:18 PM
Based on the claim of "nearly 20 lbs lighter" than the stock lid that would make it the equivalent weight of about 3 gallons of gas?

So does the decision become run 3 gallons less gas in the tank when racing to achieve the equivalent weight saving of the carbon fibre trunk lid and save $1795.00 or not?

Hmm, that's a tough one.

my thought was that i could lose 20 lbs by not eating so poorly while saving money on lunches as well as the 1795 i wouldnt spend on the trunk lid.

carbon fiber looks neat, but spinning it as a 20 lb weight savings on a 4000 lb car is funny to me. using rough numbers of 4000lbs and 556 hp, -20lb = a loss of .03 lbs/hp.

cbloveday
03-23-11, 12:45 PM
This is for the carbon fibre fans and weight reduction is the plus. For me if I wanted to drop weight in the rear, I'd get a Braille racing battery or look at the wheels/tires. Now, If I had carbon fibre fever, I'd be all over it.

Vlakaz
03-23-11, 12:48 PM
First...the D3 trunk quality looks great from the photo.
I think this is more a cosmetic option then one to reduce weight.

There is no need to fill your tank if you are driving around the city where there is a station on every corner... less fuel in the tank means less weight whcih = more free HP to move the car and better fuel economy ;)

Now why can't I find a quality replacement for the interior dash/console like that of the D3 trunk.

cbloveday
03-23-11, 04:04 PM
I believe D3 has interior dash/console carbon fibre kit.

Dr. Design
03-23-11, 04:10 PM
Hello,
Thanks! We will be showing that (the hood) in the near future. It is under wraps at this present time.

Do they have a carbon fibre hood? Wouldn't we want to keep some weight in the rear for launches? Nice piece though

As for the topic of weight reduction. Yes, there are other areas that one could reduce overall vehicle weight. For those that are interested in a carbon trunk, we presented a carbon trunk. Ideally the weight would be kept over the rear wheels for drag racing. But for road racing it would be very welcome!

Let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

e6t
03-23-11, 04:35 PM
real racers ditch the trunk altogether.

vetkila
03-23-11, 05:43 PM
If I go on a diet, run 3 gallons less in gas, and get the carbon fiber trunk I think I will be in good shape for the track!

thebigjimsho
03-23-11, 08:11 PM
Agreed, I want to keep the current weight in the rear and lighten the front.

Vlakaz
03-24-11, 01:24 AM
All I see that they have is CF trim pieces, not to replace the entire black plastic dash and center console :(

Dr. Design
03-24-11, 01:19 PM
Hello,
Give us a call, we might be able to do something with that. 562-595-8518.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

All I see that they have is CF trim pieces, not to replace the entire black plastic dash and center console :(

Dr. Design
03-25-11, 03:09 PM
Hello,
I will confirm we are making (2) different hoods. That is about as far as I can go on that topic at this point.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Dr,

I know you mentioned making a CF hood. The hood on the red car is sexy, but too aggressive for myself and what not. Are you guys making 2 hoods, or can you not really go into specifics right now?