: navigations systems

quincy813
03-22-11, 03:17 PM
can i add a factory navigation system to a 2006 DTS?

HartfordGuy
03-22-11, 03:25 PM
That is a very popular question.

The answer is yes, but not easily. The Nav radio is pricey even on Ebay. You need the GPS antenna that goes under the front dashpad. And worse of all, you need to run a VSS wire to the new radio. The car is not wired for it.

Nobody has come up with a step by step set of instructions yet. I'd like to add it as well, but not if I have to mess with the wiring. If there was an adapter plug I'd try it.

Plus you will still need to go to your local Cadillac dealer to program the radio.

I asked my dealer if they had done any upgrades and they said no and no thanks.

JDsCustom1
05-11-11, 09:32 PM
Yes you can did it on mine there are a few wires you have to run from the radio to the amp for voice guidance and to the onstar unit and one to the trans for speed signal and it all works fine i have all the specifics as far as pins and everything

nyru201
05-28-11, 11:34 PM
Yes you can did it on mine there are a few wires you have to run from the radio to the amp for voice guidance and to the onstar unit and one to the trans for speed signal and it all works fine i have all the specifics as far as pins and everything

:hmm: can you please put up some instructions on how you did the install,

tanks

hazcaddy
05-29-11, 11:16 AM
A question to the OP: why would you go to all this trouble and expense when for $200 you can get a pretty decent Garmin? It's functionality will be better,the map updates are way cheaper ($50) plus you can transfer it to a rental when you go travelling. I have been very pleasantly surprised by the one I bought for my wife - things like Junction View, traffic congestion warning, and the Bluetooth connection are nice. Yesterday she flew to Halifax NS on business and took it with her so today she can find her way to the famous Peggy's Cove scenic site.

Plus some of the crazy GM decisions are avoided (Oh, you liked the digital clock? Too bad - no clock for you!).

JDsCustom1
05-30-11, 08:02 PM
:hmm: can you please put up some instructions on how you did the install,

tanks
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o229/JESSEDIGI/photo-5.jpg