: SHARP HID ordering issues??

FFBOS
03-22-11, 09:53 AM
Anyone ever have issues ordering from these guys? I've tried calling numerous times along with e-mailing, no one replies. I've had a "processing order" status for about 3 weeks now and on their site it says its waiting to be shipped. I can't even cancel the order to buy somewhere else. Problem is...its been in that status since I checked out on the website.

Anyone else have issues?

PhxTriode
03-22-11, 09:56 AM
I waited 2.5 months for mine. I think it is a problem with the balast vendor

LFTW8S
03-22-11, 05:35 PM
Anyone ever have issues ordering from these guys? I've tried calling numerous times along with e-mailing, no one replies. I've had a "processing order" status for about 3 weeks now and on their site it says its waiting to be shipped. I can't even cancel the order to buy somewhere else. Problem is...its been in that status since I checked out on the website.

Anyone else have issues?

Yes...it takes a long time. Go to the SharpHID Facebook page and see the status. You can try getting a response there as well. I need to order a direct battery connection but don't want the hassle.

LitiGATOR
03-22-11, 06:28 PM
I also encountered issues when I ordered my slim ballast kit. After waiting over a month, I called up and inquired. I was told that they are still waiting on the slim ballast, but have the normal ballasts in stock, so I went ahead and got those. They work great.

PhxTriode
03-22-11, 06:36 PM
Yes...it takes a long time. Go to the SharpHID Facebook page and see the status. You can try getting a response there as well. I need to order a direct battery connection but don't want the hassle.

Are you having issues needing you to use the battery kit?

Jokerzwld
03-26-11, 10:24 AM
same hassle for me too. In fact its been so long that I need to confirm what the kit is for my 2011 V sedan: H7 bulbs with 55W ballasts. Which type bulb base do I need?
thanks

FFBOS
03-26-11, 04:23 PM
H11 for the foglights. Mr. Sharp called me and said that the backorder information was posted on the webpage. I must of overlooked it. He says they should ship soon, they were wating on ballasts.

DrumStix
03-26-11, 11:02 PM
Yes, they are waiting on the ballasts. I got the last kit in JANUARY. I had a bad ballast and he had to work some direct shipping magic to scrounge up another entire kit so I could test and return what was not broken. It took three weeks to get the parts. Scott is a great guy and it was a pleasure working with him. It was worth the wait to get a great kit at a great price.

FYI, a pro tip on mounting the slim ballasts. :) When you have the inner fender liner and wheel off, if you look above the fog lights where the bumper comes across there is a perfect shelf there to mount the ballasts on. It comes with sticky tape and you can just clean it, peel it and slap it right on the steel bumper.

My 55w 5K bulbs are a lot of light. Not too much for me but they could be borderline for some.

Also we did a calculation on install. If I recall correctly, the 55w ballasts run at 4A on startup and 4.4A during normal operating cycle. The stockers run at 5A. That's pretty close anyway but I was surprised to see that the stock fogs draw more current.

LFTW8S
03-27-11, 02:24 PM
Are you having issues needing you to use the battery kit?

Hi PhxTriode,

Yes...I am having issues with start-up of the HIDs. I got the slim 55w HIDs and they will not start-up the first time I hit the fog light switch. I need to hit the switch (even though the HIDs just flash and go off) and wait a few minutes. Then I turn the switch off then on again for them to work. Before I made my purchase, John Sharp at SHARP HIDS said this would not happen so I did not order the battery harness. I called him back and he suggested I get the battery harness. Are you having issues? BTW...when the bulbs light...the light output is great.

DrumStix
03-27-11, 07:31 PM
Yes, the light output is indeed great. What color bulbs did you get?

You should not need the harness and I don't use it but if that is what Scott wants to do it's worth a try. I think you may still have the slow illumination issue. I did have a weak ballast and you may have two weak ballasts. I think there may have been a run of bad ones. The draw is less on the HID's so direct wiring to 12v DC should not be required. The HID's in fact draw less on startup than they do running.

Jokerzwld
03-28-11, 12:01 PM
Drivers: tell me the setup (H7 bulb with what base?)we need to order for halogen to 55W slim line ballast for the driving lights in my 2011 V.
Thank you

DrumStix
03-28-11, 05:55 PM
Drivers: tell me the setup (H7 bulb with what base?)we need to order for halogen to 55W slim line ballast for the driving lights in my 2011 V.
Thank you

H11 bulb. Get the 4500 or 5000 color bulbs for clean white light to match the headlights.

Jokerzwld
03-29-11, 09:51 AM
oops! I ordered the H7.
thank you-

FFBOS
03-29-11, 05:27 PM
Package arrived in the mail today. I believe the backorder issues are over for now

DrumStix
03-29-11, 06:57 PM
Did you get your Phx?