: 2nd Annual Central New England LS-Engine Meet! May 7, 2011 - Danbury, CT!

TrueBlueGTO
03-22-11, 01:40 AM
Hey Guys -

I am helping to organizing the 2nd Annual Central New England LS-Engine Meet at Danbury Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC on May 7th, 2011. Last year's show was an awesome success and this year can only be bigger!

Ingersoll Auto is proud to host Camaro5, TBSSOwners.com, LS1GTO.com, LS1Tech.com and all Corvette Owners this May 7th at their new Danbury, CT dealership! The location is excellent, right of I-84 in Danbury, CT and the venue has new paving and a brand-new facility!

What: 2nd Annual Central New England LS-Engine Meet

Where: Ingersoll Auto (Chevy, Cadillac, Buick, GMC), 84 Federal Road, Danbury, CT 06810

When: SUNDAY, MAY 8th! from 10am-5pm

Who is invited? All Camaro's, Corvettes, GTO's and Trailblazer SS' are welcome! Honestly, anything with an LS-Engine is welcome!

Parking/display organization is critical, so please post here if you plan to come! A lot of other forums are organizing convoys from all across New England, NY, NJ, PA and Maryland! If you have never been in a convoy then you don't know what you are missing! Tons of fun!

We had a few LS1Tech.com members last year and I hope to see a larger amount this year!

Mark your calendars, Sunday, May 8, 2011 is the day to be there!

Thank you again!

Attending:

TBSSOwners.com

1. OutBurst
2. SSilveronyxx
3. tbfreak
4. SSDuff
5. JBlack151
6. nbarry0102
7. tbssinmass
8. Aero SS
9. Northeast TBSS
10. SgtSS
11. XxSilverSS07xX
12. paramount ss

Probably Attending:
1. mjcLS2

Camaro5.com

1. Chevy3
2. ctSS

Maybe:
1.PaulSS
2. Silver1LT

LS1Tech.com

1. thechef
2. Bryan2380
3. ls1curt
4. glocklimited9
5. NHRATA01
6. ws6on19s

Maybe:
1. BlackScreaminMachine
2. CrazyDrivinJoes
3. ramairetransam

LS1GTO.com

1. ct06GTO
2. WoodburyMan
3. Chevcat
4. jpr278
5. 207
6. superDorifto
7. Ben
8. nygoat3
9. speeddemon

Maybe:
1. CTGOAT06
2. TprGTO - [Robo Fuzz]
3. SCVDon
4. GTO 06
5. eightysjay

CorvetteForum.com

1. bullmarket
2. CTYank2
3. tomtom72
4. Tuf-Nuf
5. basicstrategy777
6. TWill
7. markiemark
8. jmbbluevette
9. VR4Gixxer
10. hdkeno
11. BillY2KFRC

Maybe:
1. 2vettes
2. Steve Doten

http://tbmsport.com/images/643_2011_2nd_Annual_LS-Engine_Show.jpg

rand49er
03-23-11, 06:17 AM
... Who is invited? All Camaro's, Corvettes, GTO's and Trailblazer SS' are welcome! Honestly, anything with an LS-Engine is welcome! ...Apparently, we fit into the "anything" category.

shadybx7
03-23-11, 08:45 AM
op, if i was still in the area i would be there.. looks like a great meet.. make sure to poast pics on this site

Apparently, we fit into the "anything" category.
lol feeling snubbed huh... we are the outcasts cause of the Cadi Tax

liqidvenom
03-23-11, 04:17 PM
we are outcasts because people who had the v1's never took them anywhere but garages... i see v2's at every car meet i go to. there was a sedan, coupe and a wagon at the last meet. i was the only v1.

im down to do to this if i am free.

rand49er
03-23-11, 04:45 PM
we are outcasts because people who had the v1's never took them anywhere but garages ...I'm "people," and I took my V to V-1 Day at Summit Point, some of us local guys show up at Baker's Restaurant's car show a couple times each summer, I've traveled up and down Woodward Ave during the Dream Cruise four or five different years, I've entered my car in two local car shows at the University of Michigan sponsored by the student chapter of SAE and won once for best domestic and once best overall, and I've even had my car in GM High-Tech Performance magazine.

My car has an LS motor, and I'm "people."

liqidvenom
03-23-11, 04:59 PM
i think you need a gentle hug. a really gentle hug.

you cant be everywhere all the time. the legend of the V from Mi does travel but people need to see more then a few people out and about. i go places and get asked all the time " wait they made a cts-v that wasnt supercharged?" or i never knew gm made this or hold crap that cts has a v8 in it?

to put it into perspective there were more f430's then v1's at the last normal car get together, more vipers, more gt3's. and there are a bunch of us in this area. thats all i mean. i travel everywhere with this car for meets. but im not shocked when people dont add us to a list of cars attending.

thebigjimsho
03-23-11, 07:59 PM
i think you need a gentle hug. a really gentle hug.

you cant be everywhere all the time. the legend of the V from Mi does travel but people need to see more then a few people out and about. i go places and get asked all the time " wait they made a cts-v that wasnt supercharged?" or i never knew gm made this or hold crap that cts has a v8 in it?

to put it into perspective there were more f430's then v1's at the last normal car get together, more vipers, more gt3's. and there are a bunch of us in this area. thats all i mean. i travel everywhere with this car for meets. but im not shocked when people dont add us to a list of cars attending.
You need to go where the cool people are...

TrueBlueGTO
03-23-11, 11:57 PM
Well I thought by posting it here that it was apparent not everyone forgot about the V1, but I guess not.:hmm:

rand49er
03-24-11, 07:15 AM
Well I thought by posting it here that it was apparent not everyone forgot about the V1, but I guess not.:hmm:I think many of us enjoy the stealthy nature of our cars ... there's an exclusivity that F-body and Vette guys can't even imagine. It's a two-edge sword, however.

On the other side is a lack of recognition to the point that we almost don't exist, and now we've been eclipsed by the V2 with all of its well-deserved publicity.

Personally, I like being unique as I think many here also do. We like it even though it sometimes rubs us a bit when we don't even make an invitation list authored by our brethren. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your effort, TrueBlueGTO ... that was very nice, and judging by your join date and post count, you've at least been around here a while to say hello to us here.

As for going to Danbury on the 8th, it sounds like a great time. Take my first post above as more of a bump than a dig; your thread was in jeopardy of slipping to the second page and dying. The rest of my comments above is taking exception with the garaging notion and lack of promoting the V1, something I do whenever there's no precipitation on the roads around here and as evidenced by my full-wide rear window banner that reads "Powered by GM" and the letters "LS6" which replace the CTS on the back. The Danbury meet is about fun and promoting LS motors. I'm all for both.

thebigjimsho
03-24-11, 09:32 AM
Truck motorz need luv too...

hnic91
03-24-11, 12:00 PM
I'm in for this one depending on how Finals are going. Def gonna need a reminder though.

liqidvenom
03-24-11, 02:24 PM
Well I thought by posting it here that it was apparent not everyone forgot about the V1, but I guess not.:hmm:

dont read too much into what the old folks here are saying...:hide:

shadybx7
03-24-11, 02:40 PM
wasnt maxspeed from ct. the one trying to run a spec as well... i guess he sold the v off

dont read too much into what the old folks here are saying...:hide:

hahah i love how your resident :stirpot: on the internet and then dont live up to that reputation in person

TrueBlueGTO
03-24-11, 03:06 PM
Believe me...I feel your pain rand49er...two GTO's and each one I had to tell people NO it's not a Grand Prix or Cavalier and YES Pontiac brought back the GTO! With my Trailblazer SS I have to explain YES Chevy made an SS version, YES it has a Corvette LS2 in it and YES it came that way from the factory.

liqidvenom
03-24-11, 03:10 PM
when you are a tiny person in real life you have to act big online.

thebigjimsho
03-24-11, 08:02 PM
when you are a tiny person in real life you have to act big online.
You make stuff up.

leosul@verizon.net
03-24-11, 11:42 PM
Maybe my Maggie ordered 3 weeks ago will have arrived by May 7! Maybe I'll even have it installed!! Shouldn't hope for TOO much, I guess...
leo

cts-v2k5
03-25-11, 08:24 AM
Leo you can count me in...Just give me a call this weekend see when we can meet up...thanks Matt

JimmyH
03-25-11, 04:40 PM

Don't let these guys get to you. They do it to everyone who comes onto this forum. They seem to think pushing people away is the way to make this forum better. Eventually, I hope, they will learn.

Anyway, sounds like a fun time. I would be up for it if I wasn't 700 miles away http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/gif/biggrin.gif

TrueBlueGTO
03-27-11, 09:32 AM
:bump:This event has been rescheduled to Sunday, May 15 2011
This event has been rescheduled to Sunday, May 15 2011:bump:

Due to many people not being able to make it for Mother's Day.

thebigjimsho
03-27-11, 12:13 PM
wut?

Heavybody
03-28-11, 10:03 PM
Well this sounds like a cool show... but its 3 hrs+ away and 206 miles from my place.... ill have to think about it id love to go if it was closer... we shall see

mberisha
03-29-11, 12:07 PM
Believe me...I feel your pain rand49er...two GTO's and each one I had to tell people NO it's not a Grand Prix or Cavalier and YES Pontiac brought back the GTO! With my Trailblazer SS I have to explain YES Chevy made an SS version, YES it has a Corvette LS2 in it and YES it came that way from the factory.

You know what's funny...I've seen 6 DIFFERENT GTOs the short time I've been here in Germany....back in KC...I can only remember seeing one...and that was at a car show.....