: Two new site issues

jayoldschool
03-21-11, 10:52 PM
When responding/creating a thread, the little tabs that "insert image"/URL/etc do not work anymore. I can manually get the tags to work by typing [ img ], but that seriously slows things down.

Also, when using "quick reply" (or starting a new thread), after posting, going "back" on the browser returns you to the "quick reply" edit page instead of the previous forum page like it used to.

Anyone else notice these issues?

Stingroo
03-22-11, 12:03 AM
Second one, yeah. Irritates me a lot. I'm used to typing my own BBCode tags though so I never noticed that.

Lord Cadillac
03-22-11, 01:56 PM
Testing.

Inserting image:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/images/co_fb_white_stroke.jpg

Inserting link:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cadillac-Owners-Group/271868015313?sk=app_185897128122027

It looks like it's working for me. And I haven't heard any complaints from anyone else... I'll look further into the other issue...

Lord Cadillac
03-22-11, 01:57 PM
Testing other issue, then hitting the back button on my browser...

Lord Cadillac
03-22-11, 01:59 PM
In regards to the other issue, I'm not sure why that's happening - but I'm not sure it's a new issue either.. I don't remember changing anything that would have had an effect on this...

jayoldschool
03-22-11, 07:33 PM
Figured out the first problem, but haven't fixed it yet. It is different after the update, but I can't figure out how to make it work properly. PM me if you need details.

The second one (extra clicks to go back) is definitely new. It used to be that if you used quick reply and clicked back, you would go back to your previous page, not the page you just replied to.

Lord Cadillac
03-23-11, 11:10 AM
It sounds like some type of Ajax issue...... I wonder if any of the modifications made to improve page-loading brought this on.... I'll PM you in regards to the other problem...

Submariner409
03-28-11, 10:53 AM
Something else has happened overnight - many new posts (replies) seem to have a large text body with a blank 2" square over to the right - like something - graphics - is missing.
Sal's reply just next to this one is one of them

Whoops !!!! The large text box and white blank screen moved here !!!