: 99 Cadillac Eldorado Help with EBCM installation

ransomsgramma
03-21-11, 06:20 PM
Hey guys, I really need help! I am being told that I need to replace the EBCM by a Cadillac dealership here in OKC to the tune of $1500. I have a good mechanic that tells me he can replace it if I find the part. Well I have found the part (refurbished $165) and just want to make sure where the part is located on the car. Some of the posts on here say its behind tire wheel and others say its somewhere else. Can someone please tell me?? I hate it but I bought this car used 6 months ago and have already put $3000 into it a/c quit, tie-rod, etc. so can't spend a lot more. I could really use some help from all the pros!

Eric
03-22-11, 06:36 PM
Lower left front of engine compartment. FSM removal procedure is:

Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the air cleaner assembly. Refer to Air Cleaner Assembly Replacement in Engine Controls - 4.6L.
Reposition the PCM to create access to the EBTCM.
Raise the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
Remove the lower radiator splash shield. Refer to Splash Shield Replacement - Engine in Body Front End.
Remove the left front wheel well splash shield. Refer to Wheelhouse Panel Replacement in Body Front End.
Remove the 3 EBTCM/BPMV assembly bracket nuts.
Remove the 2 lower EBTCM to BPMV bolts.
Lower the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
Disconnect the EBTCM connector.
Remove the front insulator and insulator mounting bolt.
Remove the 2 upper EBTCM to BPMV bolts.

Caution

Do not pry the EBTCM from the BPMV as damage to the seal may result.

Separate the EBTCM from the BPMV by gently pulling forward until separated. Be careful not to damage the seal

stoveguyy
03-30-11, 05:33 PM
what was wrong with a/c? something major? did it ever work or just stop working soon after you bought car? a seller usually can't sneak a bad a/c system thru the sale. unless they told you it just needed a freon charge. thats a good one.

mythy
04-04-11, 05:48 AM
Whats the deal in regards to reprogramming a EBCM? If you get a used part that already came out of a caddy will it still need to be reprogrammed? How did this turn out for you?